MyFaves Data Unlocked

Guest Midian

Guest the_matrixx
the question is whether there's a hack. I would sure like to see the myfaves interface and maybe use it. Not interested in the free calls since I currently have enough minutes and I see it as cheating Tmobile. But anyways, if anyone has a hack to get the myfaves interface, I'd really love to try it. Thanks.

I can get the myFavs interface to show up but I haven't figured out how to edit what contacts/info is shown. I see a spot in the registry where it looks like the info is stored but when I modified it it didn't do anything.

Guest the_matrixx
So how do you even get it to show up?

Making it visible is easy. Just change the value in HKLM\Software\Microsoft\cHome\CMyFaves\Disabled from 1 to 0. In the CMyFaves is where I tried to manually put contacts in and didn't work. It's folders 0 - 4.

Guest mightykc
Making it visible is easy. Just change the value in HKLM\Software\Microsoft\cHome\CMyFaves\Disabled from 1 to 0. In the CMyFaves is where I tried to manually put contacts in and didn't work. It's folders 0 - 4.

Not sure if you've checked this yet or not in the registry:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\HTC\My5

There seems to be more options for MyFaves settings. I just dont know what to do with it

Guest Megalomac
Not sure if you've checked this yet or not in the registry:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\HTC\My5

There seems to be more options for MyFaves settings. I just dont know what to do with it

Yeah, I too knew about enabling MyFaves...but enabling it just shows the menu with the 5 slots blank & uneditable. But the My5 regkey does seem to have more promise.

I'd be very surprised if there isn't a way to fully enable MyFaves on a non-MyFaves phone...though I am also skeptical that Midian has actually accomplished this.

Midian, please put this issue to rest and post your results...these constant delays only hurt the community. I mean, why try to hack it if it's already been done?

Guest the_matrixx

Well I don't know what they are going to post but I figured out how to get the MyFav GUI to use whatever 5 contacts you want. I haven't tried all combinations or what all the keys do but this works. It's a combination of both reg keys below. The contact number and info in one has to match the other.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\HTC\My5\My5App\Contact_0 - edit ImgSrc, name, phonenumber to whatever you want and change state to 1

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\CHome\CMyFaves - edit the image, name, number to the same as above info you used

do the above for each contact you want to use 0-4. then change home screens and then switch back to the default screen. everything should now work and be visible. to place a call to one of them just scroll to it and press the green call button.

UPDATE: It worked before I restarted. After restart the names and pictures are there but it won't dial. Working on it.

UPDATE: After the restart some of the CMyFaves keys change or lose the data. When you correct that it works again. Don't know why or which key keeps the info stable for a restart.

Edited by the_matrixx

Guest badbob001
UPDATE: After the restart some of the CMyFaves keys change or lose the data. When you correct that it works again. Don't know why or which key keeps the info stable for a restart.

I bet your changes are being erased by the my5 services that start through still unknown means. I bet those services connect to the network to determine if you have my5 or not and make the appropriate changes. If we know how to stop those services permanently, then we can use your registry update. Best yet is if we can enable enough of the my5 services to allow us to update the my5 data through the normal my5 apps instead of through the registry. I guess that is the trick some of us are monitoring this thread for.

Guest mightykc

Interesting. Well I ususally dont restart my phone so this would not be a problem. i guess if one had to restart their phone, you could do the myfaves regisrty hack to geet it to work, and then backup the registry to your memory card. Then after restart import the regisrty back and it should in theory work again

Guest mightykc
Well I don't know what they are going to post but I figured out how to get the MyFav GUI to use whatever 5 contacts you want. I haven't tried all combinations or what all the keys do but this works. It's a combination of both reg keys below. The contact number and info in one has to match the other.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\HTC\My5\My5App\Contact_0 - edit ImgSrc, name, phonenumber to whatever you want and change state to 1

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\CHome\CMyFaves - edit the image, name, number to the same as above info you used

do the above for each contact you want to use 0-4. then change home screens and then switch back to the default screen. everything should now work and be visible. to place a call to one of them just scroll to it and press the green call button.

UPDATE: It worked before I restarted. After restart the names and pictures are there but it won't dial. Working on it.

So how do you change the contact pitcture? Do you have to reference the location of a pciture on your phone?

ok sorry for the extremely long delay, im back now though!

ok heres the tutorial!!!!!

1)special thanks to Lizard22, SHLIMPOLE, Midian (me)

2)We use CeRegEditor in this tutorial

3)Enjoy this

1)plug in your phone and open the red editor

2)press F1 and your phone will get detected

3)navigate to: HKLM\Software\Microsoft\cHome\CMyFaves\Disabled from 1 to 0 (this will make the myfaves display visable)

4)navigate to: HKLM\Software\Microsoft\cHome\CMyFaves\Name=(type in name here) + number=(type in number here) do this for all the contacts you want

5)navigate to: HKLM\Software\HTC\My5\customized key=0

then you have to edit the contacts information under My5App/Contact0-5 with the information you put in from part 3

this is a horrible tutorial and its simply because im having an extremely hard time getting on the internet. in fact im using my shadow's internet sharing right now and well, im about to leave. i just remembered about this so i put up a quickie. i will try to make it better as time goes by and when i can get online again

Guest the_matrixx
ok sorry for the extremely long delay, im back now though!

ok heres the tutorial!!!!!

1)special thanks to Lizard22, SHLIMPOLE, Midian (me)

2)We use CeRegEditor in this tutorial

3)Enjoy this

1)plug in your phone and open the red editor

2)press F1 and your phone will get detected

3)navigate to: HKLM\Software\Microsoft\cHome\CMyFaves\Disabled from 1 to 0 (this will make the myfaves display visable)

4)navigate to: HKLM\Software\Microsoft\cHome\CMyFaves\Name=(type in name here) + number=(type in number here) do this for all the contacts you want

5)navigate to: HKLM\Software\HTC\My5\customized key=0

this is a horrible tutorial and its simply because im having an extremely hard time getting on the internet. in fact im using my shadow's internet sharing right now and well, im about to leave. i just remembered about this so i put up a quickie. i will try to make it better as time goes by and when i can get online again

glad you finally posted it but now i'm wondering why it took so long just to post since it didn't take long to figure out last night and i posted immediately. the only thing i didn't mess with was the customized jey setting. what does that key do?

what was the reason to wait? it couldn't be because of bill fears.

then you have to edit the contacts information under My5App/Contact0-5 with the information you put in from part 3

one last thing i noticed after enabling this was that my phone seemed to become alot more sluggish. in fact once i figured out how to do it last night, i had actually disabled it again by noon today.

Edited by the_matrixx

Guest deyanimay
glad you finally posted it but now i'm wondering why it took so long just to post since it didn't take long to figure out last night and i posted immediately. the only thing i didn't mess with was the customized jey setting. what does that key do?

what was the reason to wait? it couldn't be because of bill fears.

one last thing i noticed after enabling this was that my phone seemed to become alot more sluggish. in fact once i figured out how to do it last night, i had actually disabled it again by noon today.

How do u add pictures and also my customization key is already set to zero by defult.

just to let you guys know it isnt a full tutorial as the full tutoruial goes more into depth. that just tells you how to get the display on and edit it.

the full tutorial will tell you everything.

i have been without an internt connection and have been relying on my schools computer to get here (internet sharing all of a suddent stoppped working) so i have sent my computers HDD to geek squad to see if they could find anything.

when i get the information and all the stuff taken care of (which will probably be next week) i will write the full tutorial. lunch is almost over here so i gotta go they are kicking me off.

• 1 month later...
Guest mcnasta
just to let you guys know it isnt a full tutorial as the full tutoruial goes more into depth. that just tells you how to get the display on and edit it.

the full tutorial will tell you everything.

i have been without an internt connection and have been relying on my schools computer to get here (internet sharing all of a suddent stoppped working) so i have sent my computers HDD to geek squad to see if they could find anything.

when i get the information and all the stuff taken care of (which will probably be next week) i will write the full tutorial. lunch is almost over here so i gotta go they are kicking me off.

Sounds like a bunch of BS to me.

did i or did i not already write a little tutorial on how to do it?

check my visiting history, after i posted that i wasnt here for like 3 weeks (as i said sent my HDD in and unfortunately, its unrecoverable without paying a lot of money so i said screw it and bought a new computer)

to be honest i forgot all about this.

oh well now that i remember i might as well write the full tutorial

Guest trickinit
did i or did i not already write a little tutorial on how to do it?

check my visiting history, after i posted that i wasnt here for like 3 weeks (as i said sent my HDD in and unfortunately, its unrecoverable without paying a lot of money so i said screw it and bought a new computer)

to be honest i forgot all about this.

oh well now that i remember i might as well write the full tutorial

But the question is whether or not this actually enables free calling to the numbers, like you originally claimed it would.

Guest deyanimay
But the question is whether or not this actually enables free calling to the numbers, like you originally claimed it would.

it doesnt enable free calling and he never said it did. Besides why would you want to steal from t-moobile when it just costs $10 a month more thats sad.

Guest badbob001
Yes, it true, we have managed to unlock the MyFaves data so that we/us/you may do the following:

1)Call any 5 people free

2)use the data with the mobile to Mobile contract

3)use it without signing up for the contract

1) and 3) seems to imply free myfaves usage.

But I suspect this was due to a misunderstanding that 5faves and mobile-to-mobile were not possible in the same plan since t-mobile doesn't offer a standard plan with both. Turns out, mobile-to-mobile is an optional add-on feature to a myfaves plan.

JOKE: perhaps Midian finally got his phone bill, realized that he had to pay for all those 'free' calls, and couldn't pay his internet bill for a next month.

If you really just want to use the myfaves dialer, see here:

http://shadowregistryhacks.blogspot.com/20...s-revisted.html

add the phone numbers to your emegency numbers list, and then add them to your my faves list. boy you will feel retarded when they arent listed on your bill

Guest trickinit
it doesnt enable free calling and he never said it did. Besides why would you want to steal from t-moobile when it just costs $10 a month more thats sad.

I never said I wanted to steal it, I work for T-Mobile and already pay for the MyFaves service.

JOKE: perhaps Midian finally got his phone bill, realized that he had to pay for all those 'free' calls, and couldn't pay his internet bill for a next month.

Haha.. Nice one Bob :)

add the phone numbers to your emegency numbers list, and then add them to your my faves list. boy you will feel retarded when they arent listed on your bill

What does adding the numbers to the emergency list have to do with MyFaves? You could in theory do this with any phone, but I have yet to see this work. Your claim was to use the MyFaves service for free, and you have been unable to prove it thus far.

Guest deyanimay

Did you test this yet?

Did you test this yet?

me and 2 others tested it. we are working in a getting the menu up so its fully customizable. we did get it up but when the phone is rebooted, it goes away.