Hard reset then restore? (PIM and SPB settings)

Guest CorruptedSanity

I have an annoying new sms alert that wont go away.

Ive discussed it here before and the problem didnt go away. I did enter the registry and manually zeroed the unread counter but it still shows a new sms everytime i receive a new sms.

So ive decided to hard-reset. So that I have a fresh new device.

Now my question is, can I restore my contacts-sms-mms and appointments using PIM backup from dotfred.net?

Meaning I will back up now, hard reset then restore. Does it defeat the purpose of hard resetting?

Also, I have several SPB apps like diary - mobile shell and so on. They all have backup settings options which I use. After ive hard resetted, can I re-install these apps and then restore to previous settings or will this also defeat the purpose of a hard reset?

Thanks guys!

PIM backup is an excellent piece of software, and you can select exactly which data you want to restore. I wouldn't restore the messages as it may restore the corrupt notifications, just use it to restore your contacts and appointmrents

If your Spb apps are working fine I see no reason why you shouldn't restore their settings

hmmmmmmmmmmmmm...........

I guess ill hard reset, install all my apps like SPB, eWallet etc etc, then back up!

Then ill restore sms and contacts and if I receive the annoying extra sms alert, ill simply revert back to clean + installed apps.