Windows Live displaying '30 day trial' prompts?

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest mstephenson
rumours elsewhere say two euros a month...

I'd probably pay this in fairness, £1.50 a month isn't too bad (guess it all depends on how much you use Windows Live though. As a daily user, 5p a day isn't much). Certainly wouldn't pay more than £3 for it though.

That said, this service should be free. Hoping I haven't given any Microsoft people justification for charging now I've said i'd pay £1.50 :(

Guest Monolithix
Tony - you should clarify the text of the Digg by stating ON WINDOWS MOBILE.

P

On all Mobile versions of WLM you mean (looks at post #24 :( )

Guest Paul (MVP)
I've just logged into

http://billing.microsoft.com/

to look at my services, apparently my XBox Live gold account is the only thing I have. Nothing there about a 30day trial for Windows Live etc.

I wonder whats going on, we need official MS word on this. Someone (Paul?) should put word of this out to some other sites (engadget/gizmodo) and see what kind of experience people are having elsewhere. Just an idea...

Already started the get-the-official-ms-line ball rolling :(

P

Guest tsutton
Tony - you should clarify the text of the Digg by stating ON WINDOWS MOBILE.

P

I can't find a way to edit it, so I have posted a comment on it.

/me looked at Digg's help content.

Edit - found it - have to e-mail the support to edit it.

Edited by tsutton

I'd probably pay this in fairness, £1.50 a month isn't too bad (guess it all depends on how much you use Windows Live though. As a daily user, 5p a day isn't much). Certainly wouldn't pay more than £3 for it though.

That said, this service should be free. Hoping I haven't given any Microsoft people justification for charging now I've said i'd pay £1.50 :D

No way I'd pay for it, out of sheer principle. Pay a subcription for the software, then pay more to my network to use it :(

for the same reason I wont have Sky TV in my house, subscription charge, ads, pay-per-views, come on enoughs enough,

but I digress :D

Guest RiCoCheT

Just tried and get no issues.

o2 XDA Graphite, WM6

Rom UK_v3.40_XB_070711

Would try on SPV C600 but Orange seems to have major network issues in Nottingham area at the moment, no network coverage for around 2 hours.

Guest mstephenson
No way I'd pay for it, out of sheer principle. Pay a subcription for the software, then pay more to my network to use it :(

for the same reason I wont have Sky TV in my house, subscription charge, ads, pay-per-views, come on enoughs enough,

but I digress :D

I totally see your point, and I'd normally agree, but i'm a bit of a Windows Live addict :D It's invaluable on my extremley boring train journey to and from work :D

Guest jimbouk

With free IM clients that provide pretty much the same, I wouldn't pay on principle.

Its not like the m6 toll that I will pay for as it provides a unique service.,

Guest tsutton
Note this happens when you sign in to messenger, not when you run the WLM client.

P

I've signed off and on but don't see it. I even rebooted the phone and signed in, still don't see it.

In Messenger, go to Menu -> Windows Live -> Menu -> About

Mine shows 10.6.0030.2100

What's yours?

Guest Syphon Filter

Also, once that message has been ok'd (which is THE ONLY option presented) you will not see the message or any other notification again. It just seems to work as normal.

Guest tsutton
Also, once that message has been ok'd (which is THE ONLY option presented) you will not see the message or any other notification again. It just seems to work as normal.

But I didn't OK'ed anything. it disappeared when the phone went into sleep.

Guest mstephenson
I've signed off and on but don't see it. I even rebooted the phone and signed in, still don't see it.

In Messenger, go to Menu -> Windows Live -> Menu -> About

Mine shows 10.6.0030.2100

What's yours?

Mine shows 10.6.0026.1400

Guest Syphon Filter
But I didn't OK'ed anything. it disappeared when the phone went into sleep.

Exactly the same thing for me. Phone went sleep as i was typing up the message it was display. Hit the power button to bring it back and it was gone. Never to be seen again!! :(

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.