Benq E72 UNBOXED!

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest notamotorolafan

On the latest Broadband update leaflet from BT that came with my bill it showed the BenQ E72 as a new handset for the Fusion service.

Its not showing on the website yet and when I rang the staff new nothing about it, but I presume its coming soon.

• 3 months later...
Guest panzik

Hello everyone :D ,

I Just got the E72 from Ebay, came directly from Taiwan within 4 days after payment to Europe.

It is a really small device, Im very satisfied with it. Battery life is 2 days, but depends on how much I use the phone (Wifi,BT,MP3etc..)

Up to 8 GB SDHC card with applied patch is fine. Looks really cool.

Preinstalled is Facade Homescreen, Java, IM Mundu,MSN Messenger, 2D barcode reader

I have installed skype on my own, works fine on Wifi, but the sound is coming from the rear speaker.

First I thought it might be a problem, but then I have found a solution:

Put your phone the other way around with the back speaker on your ear and set the volume down. Yes, the mic will be on the other side (lower side, which is now on top with display facing outwards), but it is sensitive enough to make a clear phone call via SKYPE. :lol:

But there are also some things I am not very excited about: :(

- the screen is very reflexive, very hard to read on direct sun

- sound volume in headphones is low, maybe a registry problem

- phone is locked (u cannot tweak your phone so much), but 90% of apps installed --- ) ok

In attachment you will find some pictures. Rainbow and my Parrot :o B

Bye Petr 

Edit: on the side of the phone is *rec button, this will start vito audio notes

My_Videos.rar

post-391886-1211716861_thumb.jpg

post-391886-1211716881_thumb.jpg

Edited by panzik

Guest panzik

FILE in PREVIOUS POST

adding two videos from my Benq E72, city and my parrot again  :D

shot with cool camera and then converted to avi

BTW: anyone can help me with the sound problem ?

WM6 standard, sound in earphones with any app very low(50%) ???

registry ? app lock ?

Thanks

P.

Edited by panzik

• 2 months later...
Guest ozrex
FILE in PREVIOUS POST

adding two videos from my Benq E72, city and my parrot again :D

shot with cool camera and then converted to avi

BTW: anyone can help me with the sound problem ?

WM6 standard, sound in earphones with any app very low(50%) ???

registry ? app lock ?

Thanks

P.

I'm having app lock probs. I intend to develop with VS2005 and deploy apps to the E72, however i can't even debug apps due to the app lock. I've tried many methods on the internet, and none have been successful...

• 5 weeks later...
Hello everyone :D ,

I Just got the E72 from Ebay, came directly from Taiwan within 4 days after payment to Europe.

It is a really small device, Im very satisfied with it. Battery life is 2 days, but depends on how much I use the phone (Wifi,BT,MP3etc..)

Preinstalled is Facade Homescreen, Java, IM Mundu,MSN Messenger, 2D barcode reader

I have installed skype on my own, works fine on Wifi, but the sound is coming from the rear speaker.

Put your phone the other way around with the back speaker on your ear and set the volume down. Yes, the mic will be on the other side (lower side, which is now on top with display facing outwards), but it is sensitive enough to make a clear phone call via SKYPE. :(

But there are also some things I am not very excited about: :D

- phone is locked (u cannot tweak your phone so much), but 90% of apps installed --- ) ok

In attachment you will find some pictures. Rainbow and my Parrot :angry: B

Bye Petr 

I've just got the E 72 and I really like it. CAn you tell me where to get the patch so that I can use my 8gb card or could you email to me?

here we go .... :-)

MAny thanks for the file but now I cannot install, no permission. Do I have to unlock it ; if so how??

Really appreciate your help on this one...

here we go .... :-)

Found them!! Many thanks Petr

The card works a treat now and Ithink the phone is great. If you ever hear of a upgrade to winmo 6.1 maybe let me know...

Arthur.

The card works a treat now and Ithink the phone is great. If you ever hear of a upgrade to winmo 6.1 maybe let me know...

Arthur.

Guys, this is a really great phone. It is small light and beautiful looking. It's got winmo 6.0 with bluetooth (stereo) and wifi. Whilst the screen is a little small compared to my HTC S730 it is still good to use and very clear. The kep pad is great to use and the buttons are all very tactile and positive. With the patch above you can also use the 8gb SDHC; I have and it works fine.

It's even got little extra programs like auto redial which the HTC does not have. I ordered another today for a mate from expansys.

Cheers

Are there any more reviews of this phone? Has anyone purchased one and is it available anywhere besides the auction site?

It's available now at Expansys. I think its a great little phoe, just got one :D

• 1 month later...
Hello everyone :lol: ,

Put your phone the other way around with the back speaker on your ear and set the volume down. Yes, the mic will be on the other side (lower side, which is now on top with display facing outwards), but it is sensitive enough to make a clear phone call via SKYPE. :o

But there are also some things I am not very excited about: :D

In attachment you will find some pictures. Rainbow and my Parrot ;) B

Bye Petr

hi, in ypur e72 is present the flash homescreen? can you share it? i have bought mine from UK and there are NO "special homescreens".

tia

best regards.

• 1 month later...
Guest Potatohead

I'm Glad I saw this.

My HTCP3300 has taken a bit of a battering at work and I was after a new smartfone but after a £200 vet bill for the poxy cat to have two teeth out was a bit skint.

Just ordered a grade A1 factory Restore from "everyting4less" on ebay for £63.50!! B) .

Am looking forward to getting it as it should fit the bill. Didn't use all the functions on the HTC and the GPS Aquisition time was a joke. Hopefully I can go back to tomtom on this with my faithfull GPSSlim BTR. B)

Does anyone know if this fone this is based on someone elses form factor? looks a bit nokia-ish, as I want to get a cradle for it?

Edited by Potatohead

• 1 month later...
Guest itiswell

Arthur.

Hi,

How can I get to install th 8GB micro SDHC patch on BenQ E72? I tried it but it keeps saying ".........no permission......."

Thanks in advance.

Itiswell

• 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
Guest zordey
Hi, which directory do I install the cabinet file?

Thanks

Did anyone ever find out how to install this cab file? Every time I try it gives me a warning that I do not have permission. 

• 1 year later...
Guest Gerry Bates

The card works a treat now and I think the phone is great. If you ever hear of a upgrade to winmo 6.1 maybe let me know...

Arthur.

Hi

I'm a new member of the Forum and joined because I had started to get lack of memory problems on my BenQ E72. Using the 8GB patch SDHC.777.cab might help for starters but could someone give me instructions on how to install it now I've downloaded it to my PC?

I get the message "ALERT Your phone is running low on free storage space. Delete old or unused items to create more space" every time I switch on and several times I've been through my email and text folders, deleted practically everything and used 'Empty Deleted Items' in the 'Tools' menu. But next time I boot up, all the messages are back again!!!!

I also get the message "The layout you have selected cannot be loaded. Please select a different layout using the Home Screen item in Settings." Even when I select the simplest screen this message persists.

Anyone had experience of this problem?

Regards

Gerry

Guest awarner

Sounds like the memory may have become a bit corrupt regarding selecting a new home screen unless the memory is really that bad.

Have you transfered all photos etc to the memory card? also try deleteting some applications and reinstalling them on the memory card instead as applications installed to the devices onboard memory can fill up and cause problems.

If the problems persists then a hard reset may be the only option. Make sure you backup you contacts email etc on your pc presuming you are using Outlook? as a hard reset will wipe the phone reverting it back to its out of the box state. You will then need to reinstall any aplications and games you have previously installed and resync your phone with Outlook again to restore your contacts.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.