Liberate your HTC Shift!

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Computersylvia

Hello, some greetings from Thuringia in Germany

I have today liberted my Shift. It was wounderful. He is working very good. My old .tsk (I love it!)

also is running. The synchronisation is faster and better, as the synchronisation from my Ameo with my Thinkpad with XP.

The programms PocketInformant, PocketBreeze, CalcPad are running good.

There is only one big problem, the 64 MB RAM 8-). The WM6 on the Shift is not detecting the Memorycard

in the Slot.

Here you can see 2 Screenshots from my WM-Site of Shift

Thanks for the hard work to do this for liberation pack.

Sylvia

post-373190-1207335232_thumb.jpg

post-373190-1207335246_thumb.jpg

Guest nionxp

anyone have resco explorer??

maybe works with sd-card, maybe can find windows vista's directorys.

I hope in the future it will be possible liberate...

1) bluetooth

2) wi-fi

3) sd card slot

4) gps antenna

5) more and more Shift's integrated components and features

Paul please give us the light

sorry for my bad english, I'm unskilled italian

Edited by nionxp

Guest liyiwen
Hello, some greetings from Thuringia in Germany

I have today liberted my Shift. It was wounderful. He is working very good. My old .tsk (I love it!)

also is running. The synchronisation is faster and better, as the synchronisation from my Ameo with my Thinkpad with XP.

The programms PocketInformant, PocketBreeze, CalcPad are running good.

There is only one big problem, the 64 MB RAM 8-). The WM6 on the Shift is not detecting the Memorycard

in the Slot.

Here you can see 2 Screenshots from my WM-Site of Shift

Thanks for the hard work to do this for liberation pack.

Sylvia

Sylvia, greetings from liyiwen.....

Can you share with me how to do shift synchronisation with computer.... then how to make other programmm running......it seems you resolve display resolution problem, how to get it......thanks!

Guest Computersylvia
Sylvia, greetings from liyiwen.....

Can you share with me how to do shift synchronisation with computer.... then how to make other programmm running......it seems you resolve display resolution problem, how to get it......thanks!

I have moved some .cab-Fils with a USB-Stick from my Thinkpad to my Shift (Vista-site).After liberating the Shift I was going to WM-Site an run USB-Tool -> double click on it -> Attach to Vista -> to Vista-site

-> WM Center -> and then you can copy the .cab-Files to the WM-site, e.g. "My documents" -> go after them to WM-site and detach from vista. Then you can go to the folder in which your cabs are waiting for installation and with doubleclick the installation is beginning.

There is one big problem: In WM-site only 64MB RAM and you can not use a SD-Card at this time. In my WM-site are running today:

Mediaplayer; SK-Tools; Resco-Explorer; Calc-Pad; PocketInformant; PocketBreeze; ContactBreeze; my lovly .tsk. But now the RAM is very full. My other lovly programms (Phatnotes; ewallet; some games; must wait to the time when the shift can use a SD-card.

With best wishes to you

Sylvia

Guest Computersylvia

I have also a question to the "freaks"

In the ROM is in SnapVue a weatherprogramm. But i can't find it to integrate it in ILauncher. Have everyone a idea for me?

With best wishes

Sylvia

Guest lord1700

Thanks to Paul...

i just bought my HTC Shift today then i found this thread in this forum...i've done with liberating my HTC Shift...its really awesome!! :D

Edited by lord1700

Guest Computersylvia

Good Morning,

I have a question to you. I'm looking for a reset"key" for the WM-site of my Shift. I think, that I have seen it in the Vista -site, but I cant find it now. I'm search for some hours.

Please give my a hint. Thank you very much.

Best wishes

Sylvia

Guest liyiwen
Good Morning,

I have a question to you. I'm looking for a reset"key" for the WM-site of my Shift. I think, that I have seen it in the Vista -site, but I cant find it now. I'm search for some hours.

Please give my a hint. Thank you very much.

Best wishes

Sylvia

Hi, Sylvia, thanks a lot for your help......

you can find "reset key" in WM side, it's not in vista side......you need to go back your snapvue from vista side first then ->setting-> double click on it -> then you can see 'soft reset" key......

btw, which cab file you use to resolve display resolution problem in WM side, I just want make snapvue side display same as vista side......

Guest Computersylvia
Hi, Sylvia, thanks a lot for your help......

you can find "reset key" in WM side, it's not in vista side......you need to go back your snapvue from vista side first then ->setting-> double click on it -> then you can see 'soft reset" key......

btw, which cab file you use to resolve display resolution problem in WM side, I just want make snapvue side display same as vista side......

Hi Liyiwen,

the problem is, when the WM-site is no longer working.

But one helper in Germany say to me "take the Communikation-Key at Vista -site, then click "advanced" and here you can take a softreset for WM-site." After them my WM was working again normaly.

Best wishes

Sylvia

Guest Jaime Ases

Hi Paul, I´m new in this forum and first of all I want to thank you for all the "liberate" stuff you have developed and that have definitely changed the value of my Shift. :(

I got a couple of questions:

1. I am very interested in saving my PIM data from my Dell PDA in the Shift and I´ve read that I could easily do that copying my Dell pim.vol file in the root directory of the Shift WM and rebooting. I tried to do that but the original pim file can´t be deleted or overwritten because "it is in use". I guess that I could sync my pim data through the WM Center but as I don´t have Outlook installed yet, I wonder if there is a way of overwritting this pim file.

2. I installed the Office Mobile exe pack and got the same result that others have reported: nothing happen for Excel and PP and I got an error message for Word. Is there a way of getting this pack working? :D

3. Where the cab files live so I can delete them once installed? An exe pack leave some trash in WM that should be deleted after installation to free up space?

Many thanks from Madrid

Guest nionxp
1. I am very interested in saving my PIM data from my Dell PDA in the Shift and I´ve read that I could easily do that copying my Dell pim.vol file in the root directory of the Shift WM and rebooting. I tried to do that but the original pim file can´t be deleted or overwritten because "it is in use". I guess that I could sync my pim data through the WM Center but as I don´t have Outlook installed yet, I wonder if there is a way of overwritting this pim file.

you should use alternative file explorer like resco explorer or total commander (freeware http://www.ghisler.com/)

2. I installed the Office Mobile exe pack and got the same result that others have reported: nothing happen for Excel and PP and I got an error message for Word. Is there a way of getting this pack working? :D

try to instal the "*.cab" one

3. Where the cab files live so I can delete them once installed? An exe pack leave some trash in WM that should be deleted after installation to free up space?

Many thanks from Madrid

after CAB installation you can delete it.

the EXE installation doesn't generate garbage in windows mobile. In every case You should try SK-tools (really good) to clean WM side.

ciauz

Edited by nionxp

Guest Jaime Ases
you should use alternative file explorer like resco explorer or total commander (freeware http://www.ghisler.com/)

try to instal the "*.cab" one

after CAB installation you can delete it.

the EXE installation doesn't generate garbage in windows mobile. In every case You should try SK-tools (really good) to clean WM side.

ciauz

Thanks Paul, the problem I have now is that I don´t manage to install things using CAB files. I copied the file in WM root using VISTA and have tried to launch it double clicking but I get "error installing ShiftPackOfficeMobile61.CAB"

I downloaded Total Command (exe version) but when I try to install it does not offer me the option to choose WM location (I can only select C drive or SD)

Guest Robert Webbe

Paul,

Today I have followed your instructions but there is no way I get a connection between WinMo and Vista using the HTC Shift USB Tool. I have restarted the application over and over again, switched off the modem in Vista's Com Manager, I did not have installed SP1 for Vista yet... I don't know what to do. Do you have any idea what to try to solve this?

Robert

Edit: I think I found the problem; I had the USB hub connected for wired internet connection. After I disconnected this, it worked.

Edited by Robert Webbe

Guest The Auditor

I have been using my shift for a few weeks now but I would like to have MS mobile 6 & Vista only on it. Can I send it to you and you can convert it for me?

Thanks

Has anyone worked out a fix to the Office apps not installing/running at all problem, I have tried to install from the Vista side, I have installed from cab files and I can get all office apps to work except Excel and Excel is the only one I need. Any help please.

PS: Thanks for a great forum and Paul for you great ideas and information.

Guest Tanath

Hi to all , I really appreciate your work.

I liberate my shift yesterday , all seems good but I have some problems with office.

I install it with cab files and then with exe files but the results are the sames.

Are you working for fix these problems?

Thanks again for your work.

edit: another questions.

now I have media player, immages and many thinks; but what I can do with a memory o f 30 MB?

I think that it is very important to find the manner to read the vista memory or at least the SD card.

Do you think it will be possible in future? Or there are some hardware limits?

Edited by Tanath

Guest plastictree

Hi all, this is my first post.

I liberated yesterday my Shift (italian version) in few minutes so a big thank to the author.

I have a question: I would like to use RealVGA to improve WM resolution but I read also some problems with it: unreadable icons and programs not-working anymore (maybe only with non-english version). Is there someone in this forum that can give me an idea on this utility?

Thanks a lot

Guest kiernanwalker

Hi,

Very helpful page, but I wonder if by having a UK machine it is differently enabled.

By the by, the e-mail link to send me the 'lnk' and 'cab' files does not work. It says that the files have been sent but nothing arrives. I have managed to save the 'cab' file independently but can only save the 'lnk' file as a text file, web page or 'lnk' file that the snapvue does not recognise.

At the moment the 'settings' on my snapvue does not have the option to soft reset. Would removing and reinserting the battery have the same effect?

I look forward to receiving some guidance on the above issues, as it's a smart machine with some annoying limits.

Regards,

Guest ExtremeNeo

Dear Paul,

I only found this site today, I just wanted to say a big thank you for all your hard work, SHIFTpack.Liberate together with the SHIFTpacks, is just what I have been looking for since I had my new HTC Shift delivered, outstanding and excellent work. I have never been so please with something I have downloaded from the internet, all I can say is excellent !!!

I would recommend to anyone to install these applications, with confidence I have installed everything and it works a treat.

Well done.....

With kind regards,

Ross.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.