Task manager in beta2

Guest jacoch

Guest spacecowboy6982

In answer to ure question neilg, i installe mine under the accessories folder..works fine but i aint 2 sure wot i should kill and/or close 2 make i run faster??

I am also trying to work out what I can kill. I seem to be down so far to 3 apps which need to be there (when it is out of the cradle):

CursorWindow

Tray

ActionLock

Also SP Task Manager will be there. Any others you seem to be able to kill. You do get a load more applications when it is synced to the PC and I think it would be a bad idea to kill anything then. Has anyone worked out what these 3 apps do yet?

I had a problem after killing some of the apps - I think it was Reminder. My Appointments stopped triggering alarms and my alarm didnnot work either. When I restarted the phone - both turned up in Dismiss/Snooze screen.

Always pay attention to what app you are closing. In the doubt, don't do anything, unless you're ready for problems. The final version won't display all apps. Most system apps will be hidden. You should also know that when asking an app to quit, it's the safe method that is used (ie close message sent to the app). It's exactly the same as clicking on the close box of a window under XP. Killing app is more dangerous.

In the meantime, I have tried to do some changes in the code. I have not yet installed the danish update and can't be sure the problem is fixed. Can someone having the update try the version below. Thanks in advance for your help.

http://www.binarys.com/taskmgr/sptaskmgrb3.exe

Thanks for the update. Justed loaded it. Should "Process" on the Application screen and "Mem." on the Process screen show anything. They are blank when I look at them.

Well, I'm afraid the only solution to fix the problem is to install the danish update. I'm actually backing up my phone and will install it. Thanks anyway for the help.

excuseme, do i need to update to beta3 if i don't have a danish update?

No need to update to beta 3. It's an intermediate version that was there only to test the fix with danish update. I have now installed the danish update and will debug my app asap. Final beta 4 should be available soon.

It's nice from you to want to pay my tool. Final version will be shareware and all the required information will be included. It will stay free (so everybody can use it without paying), but poeple who like it may give a small fee to help improve it and create new apps.

I now have installed the danish update and unfortunately, it works fine on my spv. May I ask some of you who still can't run it to give me some information: what could be useful to me is the list of apps lauched at startup (in ipsmwindowsstartup) and if other tools are running in the background (for example mytools). There is maybe a conflict with one of these apps.

Thanks in advance to help fix this bug.

Guest aponia1

The programs on the start up folder are the following:

coldinit

usbcnect

eloff

smsclasszero

ezpushrouterregister

mmssvc

addcontact

orange support

I have put the danish orange update and de-certified my phone using my old english files. Orange update is working this way. On this new version except the name bar on top(the only thing on my screen with the two previous versions), an extra bar is shown (application and something else) .

Sorry guys, but I need some more help. I'm now afraid that the problem comes from the decertification. There is different privileges you can give to apps. TaskMgr needs a trusted privilege, because it uses the toolhelp.lib library. This library gives access to the processes and let me fill the list. I have given all privileges when I decert my phone and that's probably why it works on mine and some others.

I have realized a new beta that don't use this library. Thus, the process list will be empty. Only app list and phone status display something. I'm sorry to boring you, but can someone do a new test and tells me if the app works.

Thanks

http://www.binarys.com/taskmgr/sptaskmgrb3-1.exe

Guest I. C. Monsters

jacoch, how did you go about giving full permissions when decerting your SPV? Could you possibly post the code you used in the decert process?

..::: icemaiden :::..

Guest Thurstan

Hey guys, how come in the SP Task Manager Beta 2 I get a different figure for memory in System Status to the one I get in the FreeSpace app posted elsewhere on the forum?

Cool app mate, was wondering when someone would make a Task Manager ;)

I've installed it to my SD card and then put a shortcut in Programs.

The Process list is blank but it seems to work fine otherwise. I've got a UK phone without Danish update.

Guest jtsaint

I cant get it to work still.

I do not have any extra apps installed.

When I first de-certed my phone it worked no probs.

With Danish Update I decerted my phone using the original modified prov files.

Taksmanager hangs with only the top bar and soft keys showing.

Taskmanager 3 loads and displays the interface but crashes immediately.

I have this on startup:

addcontact

coldint

elof

ExPushRouterRegister

MMSSvc

OrangeSupport

SmsClassZero

Usbcnect

Hope that helps you with this superb app

I am also trying to work out what I can kill. I seem to be down so far to 3 apps which need to be there (when it is out of the cradle):

CursorWindow

Tray

ActionLock

Filtering these out of the Application Name list would be a nice little feature to avoid causing trouble from trigger happy users :-)

Maybe have an 'advanced' mode to show them without the filter?

Apart from that idea this is a neat and really nice working freeware app - good stuff!!! 8)

Thanks to all for your help. I'm actually trying to reproduce the bug on my phone in order to fix it. I will try to decert it using the modaco method, exactly as it is given on the forum.

With help from Ashley, I have been able to confirm that the problem with Danish update comes from the decert process. I'm not sure why it was working previously (maybe a bug on non updated spv, one more).

When I decerted my phone, I didn't set the 4119 param. Thus, non cert apps are running with manager role and get full access to the phone. With modaco method, 4119 param is set to 196. This gives limited access to the phone. To display the process list, my app need manager role (use of toolhelp library).

So I actually have two solutions: either I remove the process list and only display app list (as well as system status of course) or I find a way to have my app signed with manager role or I create two versions. Are you very intersted by the process list or the app list is enough? Thanks for your replies.