ROM download links, naming scheme + 'Incorrect Software Version' fix

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest greenarrow2k6
Yes, it satys in english and after new firmware you can come back to your local country without any problems.

Check my step by step guide. Is the first post on page 22 of this thread and also explains what the letters means and how to identify wich version is newer based on that letters (they mean months, year and version so you can compare :) )

When flashing to DXIA5 your phone will go to DXIA2 wich is newer also.

Enjoy your flashing B)

Hello Arcangel

When I try to update the new i900DZIA5, the process stuck at the verify device part. It just hang there <_< Below is my i900 version ..

PDA : i900DXHJ1/DXHJ1

PHONE : i900DXHJ1

Must I change the DZ.. to a DX ...? Please advise.

Thanks.

Guest dexstar

This is how i changed my custom rom omnia back to a branded vodafone omnia

As always, Please also remember the following:

!!!USE CUSTOM ROMS AT YOUR OWN RISK!!!

!!!CUSTOM ROMS CAN HARM YOUR DEVICE!!!

!!!CUSTOM ROMS WILL INVALIDATE YOUR WARRANTY!!!

Now, here's what I did (No hex editing required):

1) Flash to DXHJ1 HERE

2) On completion of update, ensure you Soft Reset

3) Flash to Official T-Mobile Rom BOHH5

4) On completion of update, ensure you Soft Reset

5) Go to phone keypad and type: *#638738# - This brings up the "Configuration" menu because the *#1546792*# option doesn't do anything on branded ROMs - Change Country to "United Kingdom" - PHONE WILL HARD RESET.

6)Change the version in the phone's registry

- upload regedit.exe to phone

- change HKCU\Control Panel\Version\CustomVersion from BOHH5 to ACHH5

6) Run Samsung Official ACHJ2 Updater for Vodafone ROM

7) On completion of update, ensure you Soft Reset, and Voila! Vodafone Branded Omnia ready to be shipped back to Vodafone for repair!!!!

Hope this works for you.

Edited by dexstar

Guest drjonesx

Hi all

Just a stupid question

A few weeks ago i flashed my o,nia with sokka rom but i didn t make attention about my version so i don t know it <_<

Is there a way to find the original firmware of my omnia?

I m from begium and i bought it in november 2008

is there some one that can help to solve my problem?

Thanks

Guest johnny054
Hi all

Just a stupid question

A few weeks ago i flashed my o,nia with sokka rom but i didn t make attention about my version so i don t know it <_<

Is there a way to find the original firmware of my omnia?

I m from begium and i bought it in november 2008

is there some one that can help to solve my problem?

Thanks

hey, the last belgian rom is CEHJ2, i tried to flash to that rom. But i doesn't work. Still getting "incorrect..." I will try with grandprix.

Guest paunasnalgas

Hi guys!

I need help!

I have omnia PDA: i900XXHH1/ACHH1

Phone :I900BUG5

The language is English, and needed to switch to Portuguese.

I need to know the rom file to change.

thanks

Guest latinoguy

How or where can i find a rom for an omnia i900L, it really donst matter if is in english or spanish i need to put one original rom to my divice, thanks

Guest drjonesx

Hey guys <_<

Is there a way to past my fone from DXHJ1 to CEHJ2 if yes can u give me the way to make it ?

Thanks for that

Guest junior06

Hey guys.

This is my first post on these forums. Ive been following the topic with regards to upgrading to a custom ROM from the standard ROM we get with our devices for quite a while now.

Ive got a PDA: DFHJ6

Phone: XXHJ1

This is from Optus Australia.

My question basically is whether I can upgrade to any custom ROM by following sectors tutorial. I was thinking of upgrading to

Custom i900 ROM - DXID1/DXID1-Vie12.

This ROM looks like it has got what i want in my device. I find the standard ROM has little space under program and storage and does not allow to maximise the use of the device.

Im also nervous with regards to bricking my phone so i dont want to take any massive risks until im confident with regards with what im doing.

Can somebody please advise me what i can do and what the process is <_<

Guest mk0604

How can I improve the battery life on my Omnia? At the moment i get about 1/2 day out of it max. Thats including a new battery!

Now running version:

PDA - i900DXHJ1/DXHJ1

PHONE - i900DXHJ1

Any suggestions?

How can I improve the battery life on my Omnia? At the moment i get about 1/2 day out of it max. Thats including a new battery!

Now running version:

PDA - i900DXHJ1/DXHJ1

PHONE - i900DXHJ1

Any suggestions?

probably u should consider updating to the latest rom, ie DXIA5, which is the official one, and the version u need for ur omnia. previous roms have been reported to have poor battery life.

Guest Lance Madrigal

Hi Guys,

Im just a newbie here. I hope someone can be kind enough to guide me. Im really confused which ROM is the best for me. I live in the Philippines and I bought an i900 second edition from Singapore. Original ROM was DX1A5, but i found it to have so many problems and battery only last for 6hrs. So I flashed it with Sector's 6.5 Cooked ROM. So far im happy with his ROM. However, I want to find out which ROM will be the best If I am to change it back to Win 6.1, and would there be any complication if I downgrade?

Thanks alot!

Guest jhils1

I have pda: i900XXHG5/MSHG1 and

phone: i900XXHG5

Have I got the latest Samsung ROM or not? I ve tried flashing it using Samsung's site but after its verified the device it resets it and when it reboots its a soft reset (my home screen pic still there, but all calls and texts gone) and thats it, no bars appear to suggest anything is downloading and the software version is the same as before. Anyone know whats happening?

Edited by jhils1

Guest Jamesep

I really need some help please. I'm trying to update from an UK O2 to the DZIA5 ROM.

I've edited reg on the phone to:

PDA i900XXHJ4/DZHJ1

PHONE i900XXHI5

and I have HEX edited the update to i900XX.

The first time I ran the update software the program appeared to hang (no activity for 20 mins) after saying verified image click ok to reset phone. The phone restarted but nothing happened.

I've since tried it again but now it's saying the device contains the latest firmware, which it doesn't. Am i missing something?

Thanks in advance James

Edited by Jamesep

Guest kevin2210
Hey guys.

This is my first post on these forums. Ive been following the topic with regards to upgrading to a custom ROM from the standard ROM we get with our devices for quite a while now.

Ive got a PDA: DFHJ6

Phone: XXHJ1

This is from Optus Australia.

My question basically is whether I can upgrade to any custom ROM by following sectors tutorial. I was thinking of upgrading to

Custom i900 ROM - DXID1/DXID1-Vie12.

This ROM looks like it has got what i want in my device. I find the standard ROM has little space under program and storage and does not allow to maximise the use of the device.

Im also nervous with regards to bricking my phone so i dont want to take any massive risks until im confident with regards with what im doing.

Can somebody please advise me what i can do and what the process is :D

hey there i'm using this rom Viet12/DXID1 by t2008 is really good for your device, now it has update for exrom so you just download exrom_update replace file in my storage/exrom with the newer and Hard reset yours device,

Guest Agula

HI! I JUST BOUGHT GERMAN OMNIA I900. EVERYTHING IS IN GERMAN NOW. SO I WANT TO CHANGE ENGLISH LANGUAGE. SOME ONE HELP ME PLEASE. SORRY FOR MY ENGLISH

PDA I900XGHG5/BHHG6

TELEFON I900XXHG3

Guest AllWin

Hi to all. Could someone suggest me what ROM i should use for my phone? This is what i have now:

PDA: i900DXHJ1/DXHJ1

PHONE: i900USTII

I'm quite happy with the current ROM, but i do have some weird problems as: unable to setup my e-mail account, unable to delete existing e-mail accounts, also it keeps "forgetting" power settings and etc. So i hope that new ROM could fix it. By the way, is there any chance to install WM 6.5 or some "lite edition" on that phone? I saw some people mentioning modded ROM's in this forum, but couldn't find any of them to download ;) Thank you in advance.

PS. sorry for silly questions, this is my first WM phone.

EDIT. Just flashed DZIA5 ROM from Samsung official site. So far looks good, but i had to unlock my phone again, so guys be careful with that. By the way, the trick with 'Incorrect Software Version' worked out for me :D

Edited by AllWin

Guest JorgeB

Hi,

The version of my Omnia is:

PDA: I900LVJHK3/VJHK3

PHONE: I900LVJHK3

I've tried everything but I can not update and can not find the ROM for that version.

Can you help?

Thank you.

Guest AllWin
Hi,

The version of my Omnia is:

PDA: I900LVJHK3/VJHK3

PHONE: I900LVJHK3

I've tried everything but I can not update and can not find the ROM for that version.

Can you help?

Thank you.

As far as i know, you can use any ROM (correct me if i'm wrong). I've updated my Omnia from DXHJ1 to DZIA5 with no problems. Try to do following:

• Press the 'dial' key to the left of the optical pad to bring up the dialer
  • With the onscreen keypad input *#1546792*#
  • Select 'Preconfiguration'
  • Enter code *#81230*# and select OK
  • Select 'Singapore', with the default Operator
  • Accept this, DEVICE WILL HARD RESET
  • Go to http://www.samsungmobile.com/support/omnia/index.jsp and select Singapure.
  • Download DZIA5 ROM (january 2009).
  • After flashing do preconfiguration again as described above, just this time select you country ;)

At least it worked for me.

Guest Lost-in-omniA

Is it necessary to select Singapore or i can select IRAN as well. I actually did select IRAN and there is no change in the version. Then i try United Kingdom t mobile but still the version is same.

I am not getting Singapore in the list. Please advise

Edited by Lost-in-omniA

Guest AllWin
Is it necessary to select Singapore or i can select IRAN as well. I actually did select IRAN and there is no change in the version. Then i try United Kingdom t mobile but still the version is same.

I am not getting Singapore in the list. Please advise

http://www.samsungmobile.com/support/omnia/sg/sub02_xp.jsp

or

For Win XP - http://fus.samsungmobile.com/omnia/sea/sp/..._updater_xp.exe

For Win Vista - http://fus.samsungmobile.com/omnia/sea/sp/...dater_vista.exe

PS. you should see your eye doctor ;)

Guest quinte

hi, I just updated with DZIA5 ROM ,it work's but it request for a PIN, not my sim PIN, network code

my phone si vodafone spain branded (well not anymore)

it is vodafone lock still, so please help

Guest wickednomad

Hey there... VI stands for brazilian portuguese... i bought mine from VIVO minas / Brazil...

MODEL: i900L

FW, year and month: VIHJ5

cheers!

Edited by wickednomad

Guest AllWin
hi, I just updated with DZIA5 ROM ,it work's but it request for a PIN, not my sim PIN, network code

my phone si vodafone spain branded (well not anymore)

it is vodafone lock still, so please help

Just a few posts above i've wroted: "Just flashed DZIA5 ROM from Samsung official site. So far looks good, but i had to unlock my phone again, so guys be careful with that. " :)