ROM download links, naming scheme + 'Incorrect Software Version' fix

Guest PaulOBrien

Hi Guys...it would be nice if somebody could hlp me...and by the way i dont think that XX stands for germany...cause like in my phone thre stands XGHG...so where is the latest german rom?  :wacko:

im just a nub to the whole wm thing...a was using n95...so i need some pro guy who can give me and other germans an faq ;) ...how to upgrade from:

PDA: i900XGHG5/BHHG6

Phone: i900XXHG3

PS: what is PDA and what is Phone? wich one is the firmware?!

cooomon guys! ...plz....i know here are some people with german devices. ...i want to upgrade...but i dont wanna make something wrong to brick my phone....so if somebody done this before and had allready same vers like mine omnia...PLZ tell me if it works and what should i do.

BIG THX

cooomon guys! ...plz....i know here are some people with german devices. ...i want to upgrade...but i dont wanna make something wrong to brick my phone....so if somebody done this before and had allready same vers like mine omnia...PLZ tell me if it works and what should i do.

BIG THX

there is no german rom here yet.

still waiting

Guest sythlord2001

Hi All

I have been reading this website for a while now, but i have not been able to understand what is the best ROM update to use for a UK Orange 16Gig Omnia

My Device is as the following

PDA i900XXhg5/MSHG1

Phone: i900XXHG5

What is the best rom to upgrade that? is it the DXHI1 or the XXHH1?

Also can you update the rom using vista as that is what i am running on my machine.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thank you in advance

Guest ronaldb3

I flashed to radio HI2 (using Grandprix instructions) after successful flash to HI1 on Singapore version Omnia with US AT&T.

I still did not have Wi-fi working, but finally found it.

Before in all previous phones, had Wi-fi settings at Shared/WEP/password. Changed to Open/WEP/password and it worked. ;) happy camper now.

Ron...

Guest jpidrovo

Hello every1

I am trying to update to the i900DXHI2 from DXHH1. I am having problems with this

When I updated to DXHH1 I did no have any problems at all, the update was smooth and easy

This time I am following the steps:

1) I already installed activesync 4.5

2) I aready installed SamsungModem_xp

and 3) I doble click on 1900DXHI2.exe and then it shows a message saying that you need to turn off the device and turn it on again otherwise it wont recognise the divise, I was doing that but nothing would work.

Well, I found out that actually you have to press the soft reset button instead of just turnig on and of the devise, and fianlly it recognised the phone.

then It says press the START button when ready , I pressed and it started downloading the rom I it got stuck on 12%

On the phone there is just the samsung Omnia logo and there is not progress

Its been already something like 20 minuts and it stills on 12%

PLEASE HELP !!!!!!!

Guest Hydroxpert

hmmmm whenever i flash right. then in order to get the exe to detect my phone. i cannot soft reset else it will not detect. i power it off and then turn it on manually and then it detects. just like the instructions

Good evening from Milan, i made a big mistake flashing a I908 ROM on my I900, someone can tell me how can i downgrade the ROM to the previous version? I tried using the official one but the process stops with a "Incorrect software version check your device" warning message. Thank you in advance

Guest Massive Attack

maybe this have been asked many time, im just wondering what the difference between official and unofficial ROM? i know the unofficial came from samsung, but if an official version of that ROM came out, is it advisable to update to official version? are there more bug fix with official compared to unofficial of same release?

Guest juliangun4ev

hello 2 everyone smiley.gif

i just wanted to ask you... i take my new phone OMNIA from italy but i want to use it in Inglish. Is it possible to install ROM in inglish from samsungOMNIA's page and on witch country i have to click there? and other thing is haw can i be sure that the ROM on my OMNIA is the latest one ?!

THANK U VERY MUCH !!!

Edited by juliangun4ev

Hy

I have a question....

My phone has the folowing firmware

PDA: i900XXHG9/PNHG9

PHONE: i900XXHG8

And i would like to know which is the correct firmware that i can use to update and what does it do (fixes,addons,advantages)?

Thanks for your help guys 

Edited by bpivk

Guest skullster

OK Finally bit the bullet and upgraded to HI2 pda and phone.

Now I used the XP exe from the first page of this post but having Vista used XP via VMware workstation. You must remember if you use VMware to assign the usb device to the virtual XP machine, turn off USB connections in activesync and have the Samsung modem driver installed before you start. (as per xp instructions)

The first part went well but when it got to the phone part the device switched to the other samsung SSC mode and the host vista picked it up as a new device - hence it was not available to the XP VM so failed! I added it to the virtual device but then the scary bit.... The omnia was stuck at the update screen with green bars across the bottom and had locked!

I had to disconnect the usb and use the reset button on the top to boot back up - thankfully when I re did the update it all worked well due to the SSC device already been allocated to the virtual XP machine. - one to watch out for folks!

HI2 seems much snappier than my previous branded T-mobile uk rom and it includes Opera etc that were not in the original. Everything is now reloaded and contacts etc restored so jobs a good one. Will report back on battery life once I've evaluated.

**** Update****

Well the battery life is MUCH better on HI2 than the t-mobile version! I diod have one crash early on hen switching between pages on SBP shell 2 but this has no happened again. The battery was charged yesterday been on all night and is still on 100% - I have soft reset it in case the battery meter was wrong but its still on 100%! just tried HSPDA connection on opera for a while and its still 100%. This suggests the battery meter is not working ( or HI2 has made my battery impossibly more efficient ) - I guess I'll find out when the batter runs out!

****Update****

Well I am impressed! Now a further day on the battery is still at 70% even though yesterday I downloaded a video blog made some calls checked mails etc. Used the camera etc Probably average use for the day. I do turn off the data connection when its not in use (cant find the post relating to the reg change to fix the timeout) That two days without needing to charge when initially, with the t-mobile Rom, I needed to charge every day to get full use the next. I'll wait a little to go to HI3 see if any problems arise. Had one freeze again still when coming out of lock with SBP shell 2 - didn't happen on the old Rom at all. GPS seems a little slower to get a lock - next time I will take some timings so at least the test can be empirical.

****Update ****

OK 3 days now since the last charge used the phone quite a bit yesterday and its still on 40% this morning - very impressive!

Edited by skullster

Guest Dave UK

Hi,

Ive just received my omnia this morning! Its an English omnia running on O2.

This is the firmware its running -

pda - i900XXHG5/MSHG1

phone - i900XXHG5

Can anyone tell me if this is the most upto date and if its the best one.

Thanks

Guest juliangun4ev

• Press the 'dial' key to the left of the optical pad to bring up the dialer
  • With the onscreen keypad input *#1546792*#
  • Select 'Preconfiguration'
  • Enter code *#81230*# and select OK
  • Select 'Singapore', with the default Operator
  • Accept this, DEVICE WILL HARD RESET
  • Run update, and all should be well.

i would like to know ...after the devise hard reset what i have to do to run update ?!?

Guest anthon_da_great

GUYS..CAN U TELL ME WHICH FIRMWARE IS THE LATEST IS DXH13 AN OFFICIAL FIRMWARE? IS IT LATEST ALSO? MY FIRMWARE NOW IS DXHH3 FROM THE SITE..IS THIS THE LATEST..THANKS!