Celio REDFLY drops in price to $399 / £249

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Paul (MVP)
SANY0048.jpg
The Celio Redfly, which I played with earlier this year, has dropped in price in the US and the UK!

The price has dropped $100 / £50, from $499 to $399 from Celio's store and £299.99 to £249.99 at eXpansys (don't forget our £10 discount vouchers too!)

The pricing of the REDFLY has been the subject of much debate... are you interested in this device? Would the price drop pique your interest?

Alongside the pricedrop, Celio has announced support for a total of 19 different WinMo devices, listed here on the Celio site.

P

Guest Mysterious Stranger

Wow. Should get a few more peeps onboard. eXpansys were £328 last I looked 7 days ago, not £299, never seen it that low! Still think they could get it to £199....

M.S

Guest awarner (MVP)

While an interesting gadget I still can not see it having any real day to day purpose.

I doubt this will ever be a big seller and would not be surprised to see it drop in price some more yet.

If it was around the £100 mark then maybe (just maybe) it would look more attractive.

While an interesting gadget I still can not see it having any real day to day purpose.

I doubt this will ever be a big seller and would not be surprised to see it drop in price some more yet.

If it was around the £100 mark then maybe (just maybe) it would look more attractive.

When laptops can be remotely wiped of all data when lost or stolen I'd agree. Loose this and you loose no data, loose this and the paired phone that provides the processing power and you still loose no data ( so long as you have exchange / remote wipe. )

Look how much sensitive government data has been lost recently. Big corporations are no better!

M.S

Guest chucky.egg

What he said...

Those are the main reasons I was interested in one - that and not having to do OS updates, have a firewall and AV, etc etc

For me the price is still too high

What he said...

Those are the main reasons I was interested in one - that and not having to do OS updates, have a firewall and AV, etc etc

For me the price is still too high

Firmware update was released last week - haven't applied it yet though.

Another reason for this is you can use a keyboard-less device so instead of having a TYTN II that's quite large and an additional device to be small in the 'shirt pocket' test you can give the CEO a small HTC touch to look cool with and a redfly to use on the train etc with it. ( I mean the 400 MHz CDMA touch here btw ;-)

M.S

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.