Secany's ROM research thread... NEW: DXIA2

Guest secany

So to clarify, does it give you 120m storage or 97 storage max? I have I908HH2 and it has 120m which is very nice to have.

Also, the PDA is HH2? I wonder if it is any different fro I908ZNHH2 which I already have.

For anyone who had I908ZNHH2 prior to this on. Is it as fast? Is the touch interface as sensitive?

Thanks,

Flashed OK here too ;)

P

Paul, what are ur impressions on this over the leaked H1 rom? Worth flashing? I have experienced a strange unlock screen twice with H1 and maybe this rom will fix that. Thanks

Here is lastest i900_DX firmware:

http://rapidshare.com/files/141174440/i900DXHH3.part1.rar

http://rapidshare.com/files/141180715/i900DXHH3.part2.rar

or

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?xocswrevoyj

I also have some lastest (09.2008) firmware for Italy, German, Turkey, Arabic, etc... Will upload later when I have time

PS: I attached a part of the release note, inside descrie what have fixed in new HH2 and HH3 version. Please try to quote to another forum with a credit to me :wacko:

Regards,

K

Great, Thanks, secany ;)

Flashed..... its ok....

I feel it the same as HH1 to me ;)

Same old crap with the scrolling...... I just wish they remove the default scrolling so we can install 3rd party finger scrolling stuffs which is much better than the samsung built in scrolling crap. FTouchSL is the way to go :(

I not sure if its my imagination.... i do feel the device is more responsive.... :wacko:

There is no chinese SIP.....DLNA s/w is in....

3G seems to be more stable..... i used to get G and 3G where the connection keeps switching back and forth from where I sit.... now its a very stable 3G persistent connection

Device really Heats up.... still seems to be there..... when u are syncing ur mails in bulk from Exchange upon device setup....and charging the device at the same time....

Humm memory..... seems to have increased.... i dun remember seeing any total memory that is 90+ i remember its 80+ MB...in H1

not sure if its becoz of my frequent Re-Romming G4->H1->H2->H3

Storage

Total:90.76 MB

In Use: 56.69 MB

Free: 34.07

Program

Total: 96.71 MB

In Use: 51.20 MB

Free: 45.51

OVERALL.... I'm happy so far with H3.....

Humm memory..... seems to have increased.... i dun remember seeing any total memory that is 90+ i remember its 80+ MB...in H1

not sure if its becoz of my frequent Re-Romming G4->H1->H2->H3

Storage

Total:90.76 MB

In Use: 56.69 MB

Free: 34.07

Program

Total: 96.71 MB

In Use: 51.20 MB

Free: 45.51

OVERALL.... I'm happy so far with H3.....

Do you have any programs installed already? The memory from my Omnia running H1 says total storage 91.50MB and after installing some programs I still have 42.86MB free with 48.64MB in use. RAM usage seems to be the same.

Guest natzakaria
DXHH3:

Phone:

"

1. Does not show roaming icon when a device attached SMART N/W(515-03) by CURE(515-18) SIM card in Philippine

2. Apply data only when pre_config_set is set with different country code.

3. To extend the size of uplink watermark size.

4. to fix Norway Telenor Issue - Call Transfer

"

PDA:

Recoding video file in camera then render it Symbian or Normal device, it is not played.

When recoding video in camera, sometimes video clip is not played after pause.

DXHH2:

PDA:

"PIN enable, 2 number SIM. PIN check occurs twice when number is changed in SIMAT.

"

LCD display on automatically when kernel  receviced RTC notification at entering sleep state

If user add playlist item in Library -> Artis, then duplicated items are added in the playlist.

When touch player plays UnSupported Video contents, Screen become whilte if user press the video area.

"Camera -> Camcoder -> MMS mode -> recoding

***CENSOR***

Video is recoded during only 3~4 seconds."

When the TV cable is connected, "Please disconnect TV out cable" Pop up window appears after receiving a phone call.

Fixed to show all of the screen when viewing document file via TV OUT viewer (it used to leave out part of top portion and bottom portion of the screen).

Apply finger scrolling function to launcher. When user drags using optical mouse, the program list of launcher is scrolling.

After reset or power-off in Etiquette mode with overturned device, device sometimes wake up by Interrupt of acceleration sensor. It is cause for in waste of power.

"precondition : review screen off

recording start > pause > stop

when recording process retry, camera application has no control icons. "

while processing auto focus, VT Call notification popup is not displayed

Change defalut rotation animation from "System Default" to "Twist"

Sorry is this the release note? I downloaded it from mediafire but there was no release note - thanks

Hello,

i have upgraded from DXHH1 (PDA) and XXHG5 (Phone) to DXHH3 (PDA and Phone). Some Impressions so far:

- Upgrade Process worked fine and without Problems (removed sim and Microcard, formatted device before upgrade)

- Memory Storage Free = 58,48 mB, Programm Free = 59,23;

- Streaming Player is starting

- Screen Rotation Works fast

- Device seems to be a bit more faster then before (just a feeling)

- Didnt get the camera error

- First GPS fix last about 3 Minutes, second attempt within the camera application = gps position within 15 seconds ( i am testing this on the second floor within my house, so i have roof upon my head :-))

Battery report follows tomorrow evening!

Hi, can you confirm the memory info is from H3 after flashing the rom? Seems to contradict the figures given by fychan. Thanks.

Guest landslot

Hi there...

i just like to know if the release of HH3 is meant for ASIA only or WWE?

Can i use from Singapore Set?

Coming from HG2-->HH1 the battery life seems to drop by 30-40% from my daily usage. GSM network.. 3G network is even worst. :(

Hope HH3 does the right job.. :wacko: ;)

landslot

Guest GSeeker2

I can't flash this rom, cause the phone stuck at:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PDA Device ready to download!

Please Press Start Button if You want to download image now...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PDA 1 starts downloading...

Don't plug it out until the label becomes blue!!!

Step 1. Eboot image Downloading

Downloading EBOOT...

and it is always:

Downloading image 0%

that's just weird.

meanwhile, i can flash any other roms, without any problem.

I've tried hard-reset or soft-reset, and reboot my PC(XP), nothing works.

Could someone help? thanks!

Edit: i got it. flash to HH1, and then turn to HH3, done

Edited by GSeeker2

Guest malikms

i just flashed, it was successful. did not see any big difference with the H1 though. ;)

for someone who asked about the memory, i'll post mine without any 3rd party program installed

H1 storage total : 92.25 Free: 57.23 H3 storage total : 90.76 Free 57.23

H1 Program: 96.71 Free 56.75 H3 Program: 96.71 Free 50.1

Since the Italian is the most request, I will upload it in the next 48 hours. The name is i900XIHI1 (Sep.2009) release, as I remember... not quite sure cos too many i900 firmware.

Sorry about the release note, I can't upload full release note due to confidential issue, but the thing I put there is what bugs been fix since HH1 and HH2 version.

All rom post by me is the orignial rom that you (probably) find when samsung release to public.

Cheers.

Guest panateo
Since the Italian is the most request, I will upload it in the next 48 hours. The name is i900XIHI1 (Sep.2009) release, as I remember... not quite sure cos too many i900 firmware.

Sorry about the release note, I can't upload full release note due to confidential issue, but the thing I put there is what bugs been fix since HH1 and HH2 version.

All rom post by me is the orignial rom that you (probably) find when samsung release to public.

Cheers.

Great secany! I look forward to downloading it ;)

thanks so much!