Step by Step: Learn To Cook Custom ROM

Guest PaSSoA

Guest mimosoft
hi guys... I have installed the latest ms visualc++ sp1, i have downloaded the latest rom i900DZHJ1_updater_xp.exe but I get some errors.

Is it something I am doing wrong ? below you may find the steps i follow..

Thanks in advance for you support and help.

- download i900DZHJ1_updater_xp.exe

- rename it to a.exe

- drag n drop on extract.exe.cmd and i get the following errors..

Extracting ROM. Please Wait......

OS ROM Partition Tool V1.48 By Weisun :> PDAclan.com

ERROR - Can not open the source file

The system cannot find the file specified.

Extracting Imgfs. Please Wait......

Extracting XIP. Please Wait......

usage dumprom file.nb

Extracting OEM and SYS. Please Wait.......

Clean-up of unnecessary files......

Could Not Find D:\cooking\i900Romkitchen\i900Rom\pda.*

Could Not Find D:\cooking\i900Romkitchen\i900Rom\imgfs.bin

Could Not Find D:\cooking\i900Romkitchen\i900Rom\XIP.bin

All ROM files have been extracted. Start BuildROM after customisation......

Press any key to continue . . .

i have the same error. renamed update.exe (extracted from update file from samsung with winrar) to a.exe and put it on the exctract.exe.cmd. have Net 3.5 and all other net runtimes installed. tested in xp and vista. anyone knows why i get the error?

Guest klicker4546

Hi guys,

same error for me! Also installed latest .Net 3.5 SP1 and C++ Distributable 2008 SP1. Really weird problem. Is it possible the official updates are now protected in any way or packed in a different manner?

Would like to cook my own image, too.

Edit: I have downloaded one of secany's ROMs and I can successfully extract it. But whenever I try it with the Update.exe, which I have extracted from the latest official German update it fails. Please: Is anybody here having an idea on how to get it working?

i have the same error. renamed update.exe (extracted from update file from samsung with winrar) to a.exe and put it on the exctract.exe.cmd. have Net 3.5 and all other net runtimes installed. tested in xp and vista. anyone knows why i get the error?
Edited by klicker4546

Guest black-DraGon

i got crazy on installing netcf 3.5... who could tell me how to do???

i try to delet the original NetCf folder in sys and paste the new netcf3.5 in oem and cook but no chance, so i try to put in system but anyway no chance...

what do i do wrong?

*edit*

did it myself... just the wrong version of netcf

Edited by black-DraGon

Hello!

I'm building my first rom. I removed all "useless" programs, and i'm going to add some themes, apps, ring sounds...I have 2 questions:

1.) I'd like to add some weather widget like the one included in Manilla (which supports city Maribor-Slovenia; i looked xml file and found out that is possible to get that city information). I tryed to edit VITO weather xml file, but without succes. If i change it, the app doesn't show any city at all.

2.)Is it possible to translate Win Mobile to my language? Which files should i edit?

Thanks

Guest Lord Morbius

How can i change the lenguage of the WM and the samsung keyboard (so the letter "ñ" appear) I read that you have to change the CSC. I want to know if that is true, and in that case where i can get the spanish file... cause i try to extract the files of the i900XJHJ2 (to use that CSC) and give me an error, the one that say that no files exists... but i can extract any other rom. So my idea is to use the CSC of the XJHJ2 on the i900DXHK2, why doing that and not use the XJ file... cause with the only rom that my phone have signal is with the DX's one... i have no idea why that happend.

hmm i have a litle problem... on the end of build rom (drag and drop OS.nb on BuildROM.cmd) i have error that file not found temp\dump\AUTOUPDATE\imageinfo.bin what i do wrong ? B)

hmm i have a litle problem... on the end of build rom (drag and drop OS.nb on BuildROM.cmd) i have error that file not found temp\dump\AUTOUPDATE\imageinfo.bin what i do wrong ? B)

Looks like this thread is dead...

ooo danke szyjn friend hehe B)

good that i understand german B) if i have more problems i will write to you on pw ok ?

Edited by Ryrzy

Guest zingaralho

Still stuck in finding .rgu files grrrrrr :rolleyes:

Laptop Profile

Windows XP home

yes i have c++ , framework

but still cant see the rgu files grrrrrrrr

please someone help me plssssssssssssss plsssssssssss