Hottest fresh Manila2D Themes for Omnia!

Guest sector

Omnia skins on MobileMatt

Iv'e added a page on my site to showcase the great work that sector has done with my skins. Download links will bring you back to this forum as sector deserves all the credit for the work he has done. Check out the new page here. http://www.mobilematt.net/omniaskins.htm I'll update more but I need to get some work done.....

Oh u make me blush mate :D. Without ur help couldnt make all the nice theme.

Enjoy everyone it is free :lol:

Guest buyukbang

Matt & sector,

Thank you very much for your hard work on these beautiful themes.

I'm glat to be in a community that contains great guys like you.

Oh u make me blush mate :D . Without ur help couldnt make all the nice theme.

Enjoy everyone it is free :lol:

Edited by buyukbang

Guest bobobird
Job well done my friend..... Let me know what I can do to help.....

Count me in though I am a noob when it comes to graphics but am willing to learn...

Thanks again.

Great work.

Guest Quist09

Sector, Matt or anybody,

Has any skinner successfully made their skin work for landscape yet?

See my post here:

http://www.modaco.com/content/i900-omnia-h...cape-manila-2d/

Building on what btprice2001 and others have done, plus some of my own playing I've managed to:

1. Get the slider and title bars to reposition with a rotate

2. Get the background to shift with a rotate

3. Get the weather tab to look pretty good and shift with a rotate

4. Adjust my camera tab so it looks half-way decent in both landscape and portrait (still rotate agnostic)

5. The launcher tab worked off the bat once the slider and title bars worked

Otherwise, I've failed in general in adding landscape data to the ...POS and ...RECT attributes in the xml file that currently only have portrait details. This may be because it's impossible or just because I'm trying to do the positioning math in my head and missing the mark, causing the layout to go pear-shaped.

Any advice?

Posting snaps of the tabs I have working.

post-259724-1225229853_thumb.png

post-259724-1225229860_thumb.png

post-259724-1225229866_thumb.png

post-259724-1225229874_thumb.png

post-259724-1225229885_thumb.png

post-259724-1225229894_thumb.png

post-259724-1225229901_thumb.png

post-259724-1225229906_thumb.png

Sector, Matt or anybody,

Has any skinner successfully made their skin work for landscape yet?

See my post here:

http://www.modaco.com/content/i900-omnia-h...cape-manila-2d/

Building on what btprice2001 and others have done, plus some of my own playing I've managed to:

1. Get the slider and title bars to reposition with a rotate

2. Get the background to shift with a rotate

3. Get the weather tab to look pretty good and shift with a rotate

4. Adjust my camera tab so it looks half-way decent in both landscape and portrait (still rotate agnostic)

5. The launcher tab worked off the bat once the slider and title bars worked

Otherwise, I've failed in general in adding landscape data to the ...POS and ...RECT attributes in the xml file that currently only have portrait details. This may be because it's impossible or just because I'm trying to do the positioning math in my head and missing the mark, causing the layout to go pear-shaped.

Any advice?

Posting snaps of the tabs I have working.

I can look at it if you could kindly post the theme ur using and the xml settings.

Big effort though and still needs much more to mange to rotate the god damn whole thing :lol:!

Jeez im having a headache just looking what u did hehe :D.

Guest Quist09
I can look at it if you could kindly post the theme ur using and the xml settings.

Big effort though and still needs much more to mange to rotate the god damn whole thing :lol: !

Jeez im having a headache just looking what u did hehe :D .

Cheers! The link to the thread I started in my first post gives additional info, but basically I have Passoa's 1st rom installed. I then installed MBarvian's Touchflo 3d Skin over Passoa's default and implemented the changes in this thread to get it to fit the Omnia:

http://www.modaco.com/content/i900-omnia-h...flo-2d-on-i900/

From there, I had a look at btprice2001's work found here:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.p...;postcount=1680

And the Manila xml explained thread found here:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=427531

And began fiddling with the xml. I'm attaching a document that amounts to a change log of the changes I made in the xml after the "complete-install-guide" changes.

This line changes the landscape layout to allow for the softkey and top bar.

These lines introduce the landscape background and enable it:

These lines enable the slider to adjust between portrait/landscape:

For the changes to the weather widget, refer to the attached Word document. They're basically a mod on btprice2001's.

These lines push the photos to the top of the screen for better viewing in landscape:

Otherwise, there are a bunch of changes shown in the email widget that didn't seem to have an effect. Maybe I need to delete a .map file and softreset. Dunno. I also tried a sh*t-load of changes to the home widget with no effect, but cleaned out those changes to have a fresher start.

(Note: The red text is text removed and the blue text is text added.)

HTCHomeSettings.doc

Edited by Quist09

Guest Quist09

With the exception of the weather widget and the launcher widget, from what I've seen elsewhere, it appears to be difficult to get M2D to relocate elements on each tab to adjust to landscape.

This may be because some of the POS and RECT attributes that currently only have portrait info will actually only accept or use portrait info. It may also be because .map files for certain screens may be set up once to maintain the structure and we may have to delete them to have xml changes take effect (much like modding the Samsung keyboard). Or it may be because certain missing item id's address landscape attributes.

Ultimately, I would like to:

1. shift the "Call history" and "Calender" on the home screen to the right, next to the clock in landscape.

2. Shorten and broaden the envelope on the email tab and move the new email and counter buttons to the upper right of the landscape.

3. Have the people tab act like the launcher tab in landscape (simply redistribute the contacts across the screen).

4. Either shift the links under the launch browser to the right, keeping the same browser icon, OR resize the browser icon and center everything in landscape on the Internet tab.

5. Adjust the messages tab much like the email tab in landscape.

6. Center the preview and camera/movie buttons on the camera tab in landscape.

7. Stretch the Maps Search field across the screen in the location tab in landscape.

8. Redistribute the buttons in the settings tab to two columns in landscape.

9. Generally fix the music tab in landscape (this tab is totally wacked).

Anyway, just thought I'd share my vision and to-do list. Heck, at this point, I'd be happy if I wouldn't have a bunch of blank screens and if I could get M2D to stop autorotating to portrait everytime I close an app.

Guest mchapman007

MobileMatt_Torismo (My son chose the name of this skin)

This is a new skin that I'm working on, perhaps sector will convert it for the Omnia when I'm done....

MobileMatt_Turismo.jpg

Guest bobobird
Please visit the original site theme www.mobilematt.net ALL credits go to the original creator.

Theme: MobileMatt MM&L TF2D Skin (A MobileMatt & Lepsyfou Skin)

Credits Go To:

• Player icons from HTC-TOUCH/VOUGE transformation package by PROBEX,
  • Most of the Graphics in this skin was provided by lepsyfou

Download: http://rapidshare.com/files/158297842/Mobi...t_MM_L.zip.html

Thanks again Sector

Could I bug you one more time please ?

How to change the text colour from white to something darker ? White on light green is quite hard to read.

Thanks

ps : never mind, I think the problem is not the theme but the tsk file. Will see if i can change that.

ps2 : nope, was'nt the tsk

Edited by bobobird

Guest desteni
I managed to remove the numbers by passing values larger the Omnia screen :D and center the clock but couldnt get it lower...

Anyway it will cover Call History more and Calendar.

It already covers Alarm.

I will check later if i can manage to move everything downer a bit. Need to get some rest now :lol: !

Check it and tell me if u like the theme overall.

Dont use this HomeHTCSettings.xml for other themes as it will not work properly.

Download: http://rapidshare.com/files/158430788/xtreme_clock.zip.html

it looks very nice i have no problem that covers the calender and call history thank for you very nice work and if you kann to make it better that must be wonderfull

it looks very nice i have no problem that covers the calender and call history thank for you very nice work and if you kann to make it better that must be wonderfull

Disable TouchFLo.

Replace the HomeHTCSettings.xml with this one im attaching in \Windows\

Enable TouchFlo.

I have lower the Clock, Analog tickers, the Alarm, Call History,Calendar and am/pm img.

I hope u like it.

Download: http://rapidshare.com/files/158649966/HTCH...ttings.xml.html

post-150032-1225282623_thumb.jpg

Edited by sector

Guest mchapman007
I just wonder - which TSK is used for example for MobileMattMetal or MobileMatt LV themes? Is it Diamond QVGA or something else?

The .tsk used in the two skins you speak of is called "carbon_extrablack_blackbars.tsk"

The attached is the WM6 version

carbon_extrablack_blackbars.zip

My Latest TF2D Skin can be found here: http://www.modaco.com/index.php?s=&sho...st&p=930953

Edited by mchapman007

Hey everyone,

It's great to see all you people working hard to let programs like manilla2d work perfect on our omnia's. And now we can even choose from dozens of themes which are all edited to match omnia's odd resolution. Really, keep up the good work.

After using Manilla2D for some time now, it became pretty annoying that not all the widgets are in the center of the screen. Especially the Music widget and the Photo widget were both placed on the top side of the screen, leaving a pretty big empty space on the bottom of the screen. I started to study the HTCHomeSettings.xml carefully, and after some time, I managed to replace a lot of items on the different widgets so everything is in the middle of the screen!

Some screenshots to clear things up for you guys:

Homewidget:

I placed both the calendar and the callhistory a little bit more down, so everything looks like its in the center of the screen:

Photowidget:

Rearranged the video and camera buttons, moved the next and previous buttons down, and placed the actual photoframe more in the center (moved it a little down and a little to the right):

Musicwidget:

Basically moved everything a little bit down. Increased the distance between the musicphoto and the title/artist/progressbar. Re-aligned the buttons to the right of the musicphoto.

Weathertab:

Didnt do much beside removing all the dotted lines. Looks better this way, but thats really just a matter of opinion.

Screen04.pngScreen05.pngScreen01.pngScreen03.png

Attached to this message is my own HTCHomeSettings.xml

Please note that I also edited my HTCHomeSettings to suit my personal preferences (hide/show tabs, certain pictures etc). So just copy my xml to your device probably isnt the best thing to do. Later this evening (in about 1 hour) I will attach another text-file where I explain what settings you need to change in order to get the same lay-out as mine, or maybe even design your own lay-out!

I hope all this can be of use for some of you guys!

For questions, I would like to refer to the topic I started in i900 rom discussion

http://www.modaco.com/content/i900-omnia-r...t-omnia-screen/

Cheers

HTCHomeSettings.xml

Edited by Vortex

I see some people ask for a tutorial how to install the skins/themes on their Omnia and I make a flash video for them maybe is usefull if I put the link here.

Any way I know most of the people think is not a big deal to install a skin but this is for those who don't know.

http://www.modaco.com/content/i900-omnia-h...2d-flash-video/

Edited by georo