►► Permanent GPS fix for Samsung i900 & i8000 Omnia ◄◄

Guest Junoman

Guest vortexcz

Good evening (in Europe anyway :huh: everybody

I did some field testing with my Samsung i8000 (on an actual field :P

th_SNC00229.jpg

As you can see in screens bellow i tried 6 different settings and wrote down data given by 3 different apps.

What is what in excel screen:

a, b, c, d, e, f - each presents one test with different setting in Nogarder ( *#1472365# )

sats: bla | bla - means satellites in view and satellites tracked (connected)

HDOP - The horizontal dilution of precision

VDOP - Vertical Dilution Of Precision

PDOP - Positional Dilution OF Precision

TTFF - Time To First Fix response time

me before:

th_SNC00232.jpg

raw data - a mess:

th_SNC00237.jpg

data in excel:

GPSn1.jpg

Conclusion:

Next time I need different complex application - DOES anyone know about one that does good diagnostics?

Good night yall

vortexcz

Guest darkhelmetnl

Tried the registry settings. Seemed to work ok. Fix in 1-2 minutes. When I turned my phone on again in Istanbul, it took quite a bit longer to get a fix.

But the navigation seems to have big delay now.

Will try further.

Have changed the Accuracy, Vacuracy and QOPdelay thingies back to default.

Guest Junoman
Tried the registry settings. Seemed to work ok. Fix in 1-2 minutes. When I turned my phone on again in Istanbul, it took quite a bit longer to get a fix.

But the navigation seems to have big delay now.

Will try further.

Have changed the Accuracy, Vacuracy and QOPdelay thingies back to default.

Yes, follow the steps as the first post! Registry tweak eases gps fix to TomTom.

Guest JaGuR

Using iGO 8.3.4.1179

And GPS fix time is almost immediate, and everytime I load it, totally different to the older version I was using 8.3.2

Guest SrMoure
Using iGO 8.3.4.1179

And GPS fix time is almost immediate, and everytime I load it, totally different to the older version I was using 8.3.2

I can get a sat fix with iG0 (i8000) but the response is too slow. It sometimes get a delay of 1 sec, and also accuracy moves from high to poor constantly.

With TomTom I only get the message waiting for a valid signal, so I cannot find any sat. I have installed the gps fix but still no improvement w/tomtom

Guest leon0000
I can get a sat fix with iG0 (i8000) but the response is too slow. It sometimes get a delay of 1 sec, and also accuracy moves from high to poor constantly.

With TomTom I only get the message waiting for a valid signal, so I cannot find any sat. I have installed the gps fix but still no improvement w/tomtom

I use Gps Mod Driver + Tomtom on both i900 and i8000, everytime fixed less than 2min, there is no need to change any registry setting.

Guest vortexcz
no gps fix....hard reset but still bad.......i8000 with sygic

And what settings have you used?

Would be nice to know, if you want anyone to help you.

Guest martijn b.
And what settings have you used?

Would be nice to know, if you want anyone to help you.

Sorry, i used all the settings as mentioned in this topic.

is there now a new setting in the registery

Guest vortexcz
Sorry, i used all the settings as mentioned in this topic.

is there now a new setting in the registery

dunno if the last part was a question :huh:

anyway...

If you're not sure wether or not you proceeded correctly make sure you did all this:

- instal 2 registry settings from .cab files

- try to change values in *#1472365# aka Nogarder GPS application on 1 0 1 1 0 (or 4 0 2 1 0)

- Soft restart

-GPS:

-set values in GPS settings on COM 4 for applications (this should be already done by CAB files though)

-Set Baud Rate on 57600 instead of 115200

-Allow Windows to control applications GPS settings (and vise versa - allow your application to be controled by Windows)

XTRA: allow XTRA server and and SNTP server and download fresh XTRA Data (this can be done via ActiveSync aswell

Did you ever get any GPS signal, or was your GPS ever working?

If not it could be damaged GPS modul.

Don't to be smartass but be sure you are oustide, better yet somewhere with minimum buildings (skyscraper = always bad for GPS signal :P )

Guest jh787

Could the people having problems with their GPS please state their Rom version for phone.

I am currently on Phone rom version I8000XXJD1 and it is brilliant.

The version i had installed before this ( JB1) wasnt all that bad but i have really noticed an improvemnt in GPS acquisition times and accuracy with this version.

Guest martijn b.

Oke, i will try these settings. There is only still a problem with my extra gps. i can not get extra data downloaded.

How is this possible. it started after i got the newst rom on it.

thank you all for the help!

Martijn

omnia 2

Guest SrMoure
Could the people having problems with their GPS please state their Rom version for phone.

I am currently on Phone rom version I8000XXJD1 and it is brilliant.

The version i had installed before this ( JB1) wasnt all that bad but i have really noticed an improvemnt in GPS acquisition times and accuracy with this version.

Is it working well, without any change in the original settings ? Which software are you using ? I can get a sat fix with IGO, but now with TomTOm

Guest jh787
Is it working well, without any change in the original settings ? Which software are you using ? I can get a sat fix with IGO, but now with TomTOm

I have made the changes mentioned in post 95, I made these settings without even trying to use the gps with standard settings so it may be that original settings will also work.

I mainly use tomtom (version 7.917) but also have Igo (version 8.3.2.97313) and the latest googlemaps and they all work fine.

Guest SrMoure
I have made the changes mentioned in post 95, I made these settings without even trying to use the gps with standard settings so it may be that original settings will also work.

I mainly use tomtom (version 7.917) but also have Igo (version 8.3.2.97313) and the latest googlemaps and they all work fine.

Are u using this values in *#1472365# aka Nogarder GPS application on 1 0 1 1 0 (or 4 0 2 1 0) ???

Guest jh787
Are u using this values in *#1472365# aka Nogarder GPS application on 1 0 1 1 0 (or 4 0 2 1 0) ???

I take it you are referring to settings\QOS?

If so then i have my settings set to 1 0 0 0 0 ( tried many combinations but these give me best accuracy and lock times)

Guest martijn b.

does someone get XTRA data?????

i can not get them...

i think that when i get them that i have a quicker fix

Guest jh787
does someone get XTRA data?????

i can not get them...

i think that when i get them that i have a quicker fix

Yes i use xtra data.

No problems downloading.

What server address(es) are you using?

Guest jh787

Here are some screenshots of the settings you should have in nogarder gps.

If these are not correct then edit your settings as in screen shots and reset phone and try downloading.

PS. Add http:// to the beginning of server addresses and amend download interval as required (1=every hour, 2= every 2 hours etc (Default is 168)

If it is still not sorted insert the attached application into \windows\startmenu\programs and download xtra using this app( I find it does a better job than built in version)

post-662543-1272871639_thumb.jpg

post-662543-1272871645_thumb.jpg

gps_extra.exe

Edited by jh787

Guest martijn b.

I am now at work but tonight i am going to do it....thank you fot yhe help and i wil let you know tonight!!!!!!!

thankx

Guest jh787
does there have to be a simcard in it???? i still can not get de xtra data....

Not if you download via wifi or active sync.

Obviously simcard will be needed if you want to download over data connection

Guest martijn b.

i got it the extra data now ...now i hope to get a fast fix.....

you wil hear from me!!!

thanks!

without the sim card i can not get an update.......with wifi or active sync!!!!!!!! :huh:

Edited by martijn b.

Guest jh787
i got it the extra data now ...now i hope to get a fast fix.....

you wil hear from me!!!

thanks!

without the sim card i can not get an update.......with wifi or active sync!!!!!!!! :huh:

I think you must have an older rom than me because i had a similar problem before where there was no way of turning the phone radio off without disabling all radios(bluetooth.wifi) but with this new rom i have installed everything is independent and i can turn the phone radio off without going into full flight mode