UNLOCKING CDMA I910 GPS - please help us!

Guest aleis

Guest pjsockett
Could you save me searching the internet for a quick "how to" on getting the omnia going with qpst?

This wiki has all of the instruction that work for the xv6800 and xv6900. I'm not sure if the same ## codes work for samsung devices though. You may not be able to use ##3424 to enter dmr mode.

This wiki has all of the instruction that work for the xv6800 and xv6900. I'm not sure if the same ## codes work for samsung devices though. You may not be able to use ##3424 to enter dmr mode.

Ok, I have the driver (I think), now trying to find how to put the phone in DMR mode.

Edited by dhoppy

Were you able to get external gps to show up in the settings? If so how did you do it?

HEAVEN!!

only if someone knows that those ROMS will work on the I910...considering they were based off of the I900...

could someone confirm this?

External GPS shows up in the settings i know so far...

i will have mine tomorrow at 10am est USA and can let u know, the program im going to use and NEED to work (in order for me to keep it) is windows live search.

How did you get the GPS icon to appear in settings? Let me know. please pm if necessary

ok, today i received the phone and immediately got to the gps. i loaded gpstoggle, http://www.baf.cc/gpstoggle and windows live search.

i also made the gps icon appear in settings.

when i tried to connect with windows live search it said "Connecting to GPS..." then "Getting GPS position"

i remember when we were trying to unlock the XV6800 htc we would get "Connecting to GPS" then an error saying that the GPS receiver could not be located.

once they release the new radio with GPS in windows live search we got "Connecting to GPS..." then "Getting GPS position" then the red arrow would appear showing your GPS location.

the i910 just doesnt get a lock or connect to any satelites.

i did notice a few registry differences on the omnia, it has almost everything as the xv6800 in gps intermediate driver except this one GPSID???.DLL file (my mom wanted the XV6800 so she has it now....).

i will post tomorrow with that info but if the above info can help any of you geniuses here PLEASE HELP US!

anyone have any idea on how to put the i910 into diag mode? I've tried everything I could find including:

*#0*#

##3424#

##3424

and running dmrouter.exe /diag (dmrouter isn't in the i910 windows folder, I pasted it there and ran it, but it didn't work).

Edited by dhoppy

Guest Ninja4Hire
anyone have any idea on how to put the i910 into diag mode? I've tried everything I could find including:

*#0*#

##3424#

and running dmrouter.exe /diag (dmrouter isn't in the i910 windows folder, I pasted it there and ran it, but it didn't work).

Verizon uses **772 or is that a different mode your looking for

Guest pjsockett

*#0*#

##3424#

Did you try ##3424. Verizon doesn't use the # at the end. I assume you did I just want to make sure

Guest pjsockett

@dhoppy

Give this a try. Unzip the file and place the phone codes folder on your device.

Run diag2 from the folder and it should open. I was able to run from the storage card on my xv6900

If it's not specific to htc it should work from here.

Edit: Here is dmrouter.exe as well. Try placing in windows folder

Phone_Codes.zip

DmRouter.exe

Edited by pjsockett

@dhoppy

Give this a try. Unzip the file and place the phone codes folder on your device.

Run diag2 from the folder and it should open. I was able to run from the storage card on my xv6900

If it's not specific to htc it should work from here.

Edit: Here is dmrouter.exe as well. Try placing in windows folder

DmRouter runs, but I don't think it is working because from what I've read, activesync should disconnect and my computer should recognize a new device. When I run it, that doesn't happen.

Guest castle9mm

This may be of some assitance to the resistance. I hard reset/formatted my Verizon i910 Omnia and immediatly exported the full registry. Attached as 'My Registry_clean.reg'

I then downloaded and installed the VZNavigator cab and signed up for the subscription. While I had a lock on my position, i exported another full reg file, attached as 'My Registry_afterVZN.reg'

You can use whatever methods you want to do a diff against the files and see what changed. It may point some people smarter than me in the right direction.

Regards

Reg_Exports.zip

Guest FireMedic92
This may be of some assitance to the resistance. I hard reset/formatted my Verizon i910 Omnia and immediatly exported the full registry. Attached as 'My Registry_clean.reg'

I then downloaded and installed the VZNavigator cab and signed up for the subscription. While I had a lock on my position, i exported another full reg file, attached as 'My Registry_afterVZN.reg'

You can use whatever methods you want to do a diff against the files and see what changed. It may point some people smarter than me in the right direction.

Regards

Thank you thank you thank you for contributing to the cause!! I too am too dumb to do anything more to figure this out. I just hope someone cracks the GPS soon, I'm gettin' ansy!

Guest somedude

Regards

What a way to take one for the team! Hopefully someone can decipher this and get this gps working once and for all!

How is the VZNavigator by the way?

Guest pjsockett

@dhoppy

right click in sync in the tray and open connection settings. Turn off the usb connection. Then plug in your phone and run diag2. The phone should then say DRM mode v2.6.

On your pc open qpst/service programming. the guide should get you from there.

Guest Paul (MVP)

OK, so here's the good news... i've analysed those reg dumps, and there's nothing sneaky going on. A STOCK VERIZON OMNIA'S GPS SHOULD WORK OUT OF THE BOX BY USING COM8 / 4800 IN YOUR APPLICATION! B)

P

Were you able to get external gps to show up in the settings? If so how did you do it?

under hklm\controlPanel \gps settings

change whats there "i believe it is redirect" to:

Dshow 1(0x000001)

it is also posted in this thread how to do it...

well...glad i started this but you guys truly are master! B)

im soooo lost with what you are doing.

when i get my life settle again im going to start from the beginning of this thread an see if i can figure things out.

thats if you guys dont already have it cracked of course B)

Guest somedude

Could this be the answer?

MyRegistryClean Contains this value under "[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Samsung\Phone]"

"IsGPSOn"=dword:00000000

MyRegistyAfterVZNreg contains this value under "[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Samsung\Phone]"

"IsGPSOn"=dword:00000001

Is it simply a issue of changing the dword value from dword:00000000 to dword:00000001 to enable GPS?

Guest FireMedic92
Could this be the answer?

MyRegistryClean Contains this value under "[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Samsung\Phone]"

"IsGPSOn"=dword:00000000

MyRegistyAfterVZNreg contains this value under "[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Samsung\Phone]"

"IsGPSOn"=dword:00000001

Is it simply a issue of changing the dword value from dword:00000000 to dword:00000001 to enable GPS?

OMG! Please try it! I am in a class right now and can't start screwing w/ my phone (although we can use laptops...figure that one out). Thanks again guys!!!

OMG! Please try it! I am in a class right now and can't start screwing w/ my phone (although we can use laptops...figure that one out). Thanks again guys!!!

I don't think so, I believe it is related to the location setting under settings-->phone. But, I don't know for sure.

OK, so here's the good news... i've analysed those reg dumps, and there's nothing sneaky going on. A STOCK VERIZON OMNIA'S GPS SHOULD WORK OUT OF THE BOX BY USING COM8 / 4800 IN YOUR APPLICATION! B)

P

Ok, so in "external gps" settings I change to com8, and then I go and stand outside and see if it gets a fix?

Or, do I need to change registry settings somewhere?

Also, what about all of the new "trusted" registry settings in the reg dumps? I saw in another thread where someone mentioned the gps stuff might be encrypted.

I'm no expert, so nobody freak out, I'm just askin.

Guest somedude

I dont think thats the answer anyway. Its just saying that the gps is on at the moment. But ill try it anyway.

Edited by somedude