Orange MMS

Guest Stevep999

Guest Stevep999

I've used the connection setup to configure my Orange HD but can't download messages. The device sites at trying to download then fails. I did have the same problem with my TYTNii but can't remember how I resolved it. Anyone else any probs ?

Steve

Guest jrshodges
I've used the connection setup to configure my Orange HD but can't download messages. The device sites at trying to download then fails. I did have the same problem with my TYTNii but can't remember how I resolved it. Anyone else any probs ?

Steve

Yep same issue here, keeps saying there is a message to download and fails to download it, although eventually if I just leave it for 30mins or so in standby they seem to appear....very annoying!

Anyone got a fix yet??

• 3 weeks later...
Guest billybear

Steve

Yes I got the same - its got a header from 4 hours ago but an error message that says 'message couldnt be downloaded' also tried sending 1 which has failed and the HD has transferred it to my drafts folder.

Anyone solved this?

Yes I got the same - its got a header from 4 hours ago but an error message that says 'message couldnt be downloaded' also tried sending 1 which has failed and the HD has transferred it to my drafts folder.

Anyone solved this?

Another one here. Can't download or send. I even entered all the settings from the orange website and still no mms.

Guest dr_nick

i had massive problems with several tytnIIs with regards to MMS. it is not a feature i use very often (since it is not included in my unlimited msgs :rolleyes:).

i had several long phone calls with level 2 and 3 tech support from orange having gone through the website recommendations and settings changes. and eventually had replacement handset - only to have the same problem.

i think it was eventually resolved from the network end of things, by resetting the MMS service on my account. or something like that.

my touch HD seems to send and receive MMS ok, though this doesn't help you guys much...

regards

dr_nick

Guest billybear

Anyone solved this?

Just got it to work :rolleyes:

All I did was reboot the HD by switching it off & back on again.

Resending the draft mms also worked - how strange!

• 1 month later...
Guest jrshodges
Just got it to work :(

All I did was reboot the HD by switching it off & back on again.

Resending the draft mms also worked - how strange!

Just to let you know I have had this issue and rebooting the HD sometimes fixes it for a while and other times does not! I have logged it with Orange and after about 3 weeks of pestering them and several Hard Resets they have admitted that their Tech Support are aware of a known issue affecting the HD and apparently some Blackberry's which menas they don't download MMS.

They have no time scales for a release to fix this, but are apparently working on it - you may wish to pester them about it.

I am quite annoyed that a phone I have does not actually work and they didn't seem to bothered about it either!

• 4 weeks later...
Guest jrshodges
Just to let you know I have had this issue and rebooting the HD sometimes fixes it for a while and other times does not! I have logged it with Orange and after about 3 weeks of pestering them and several Hard Resets they have admitted that their Tech Support are aware of a known issue affecting the HD and apparently some Blackberry's which menas they don't download MMS.

They have no time scales for a release to fix this, but are apparently working on it - you may wish to pester them about it.

I am quite annoyed that a phone I have does not actually work and they didn't seem to bothered about it either!

After weeks of back and forth with Orange I finally wrote a complaint to their executive department, and got a call from a very helpful lady, who after suggesting all the usual things I had already been asked to do, said she noticed that when I got my new HTC Touch HD I hadn't registered the SIM card that was in the box with it and asked if I was using the old one from my previous phone, which I was as I had called 150 and asked if I needed to register it - they said no don't worry about it!

However it apparently is very important to register the SIM card you get with a new/upgrade phone as amongst other things this is how your new phone also gets registered. As if you keep and use the old SIM card Orange will think you still have your previous phone and if for example you pay for their Orange Care service and you loose/ have stolen your phone they will replace it with your old phone model if you haven't registered the new phone!

Anyway, I have now registered it and MMS seems to be sending and receiving fine with the new SIM card - I wondered if anyone had received a new SIM with their Touch HD and not registered it and continued using the old one.....if so and you have problems with your phone in particular MMS, it may be worth registering it?!

Would be interested to hear if this fixes the MMS problem for anyone else.

Cheers

Guest jrshodges
After weeks of back and forth with Orange I finally wrote a complaint to their executive department, and got a call from a very helpful lady, who after suggesting all the usual things I had already been asked to do, said she noticed that when I got my new HTC Touch HD I hadn't registered the SIM card that was in the box with it and asked if I was using the old one from my previous phone, which I was as I had called 150 and asked if I needed to register it - they said no don't worry about it!

However it apparently is very important to register the SIM card you get with a new/upgrade phone as amongst other things this is how your new phone also gets registered. As if you keep and use the old SIM card Orange will think you still have your previous phone and if for example you pay for their Orange Care service and you loose/ have stolen your phone they will replace it with your old phone model if you haven't registered the new phone!

Anyway, I have now registered it and MMS seems to be sending and receiving fine with the new SIM card - I wondered if anyone had received a new SIM with their Touch HD and not registered it and continued using the old one.....if so and you have problems with your phone in particular MMS, it may be worth registering it?!

Would be interested to hear if this fixes the MMS problem for anyone else.

Cheers

D'oh - Spoke too soon!

Seemed to work for while but now no longer works without disconnecting the Orange Internet GPRS connection first, and even then it is hit and miss!

This is really annoying and Orange's stand is basically there is nothing we can do. No way I will be staying with orange when my contract is up, after 14 years of being an Orange customer B)

Guest AlanJC

As far as I know this affects all WM devices if you have push services activated, such as an exchange server, google sync, and so on.

While your device has an active data connection, it won't be able to dial the one for mms.

The dirty solution is to terminate push, and the data connection, then send the mms, then turn push and data back on.

Guest jrshodges
As far as I know this affects all WM devices if you have push services activated, such as an exchange server, google sync, and so on.

While your device has an active data connection, it won't be able to dial the one for mms.

The dirty solution is to terminate push, and the data connection, then send the mms, then turn push and data back on.

This is what orange are suggesting, but I don't believe this is correct, as it does dial Orange MMS and connects. Also I have read on other forums that people who have previously had this issue have flashed a different custom ROM and it work perfectly. So it must be a bug in Orange's software. I don't really want to flash a new ROM as it will invalidate my warranty though?!

Guest AlanJC

I had the issue on my Universal, and Wizard, I don't think I used push before either of these.

I had an i-mate JasJar branded Universal, and a debranded t-mobile MDA3 branded Wizard, so I don't think it's specific issue related to Orange, or them breaking something, but maybe other ROMs have a fix for this.

In which case perhaps you can contact the ROM cooker and see what registry setting they used or something, you should be able to make the same changes without having to reflash if this is indeed correct.

I have actually disabled push now, and it works perfectly.