What GPS program can I use?

Guest McDz

I finally got my new HTC S740 from work and I see that i comes with a build in GPS reciver...

What GPS Program can I use on it? What do you run? Tomtom ? version?

Is there a program that can import digitally seamaps too? Wold be aswome in the boat :rolleyes:

thnx for your time...

Edited by McDz

I finally got my new HTC S740 from work and I see that i comes with a build in GPS reciver...

What GPS Program can I use on it? What do you run? Tomtom ? version?

Is there a program that can import digitally seamaps too? Wold be aswome in the boat :rolleyes:

thnx for your time...

The S740 is a non-touch screen (use to be called Smartphone edition) now called Standard. TomTom abandoned the non-touch screen so version 6 and 7 do not work right. Some folks run them using fakecursor and the like, I've not found it to be usable. TomTom5 works fine on this version of the device (although I do not have an S740 myself). Not sure how that's going to work with the internal GPS, version 5 is picky.

MS Live Search works well on this device and includes turn by turn directions but requires a data plan. As does Google Maps.

For off road stuff I use a program called RunGPS which works very well. It's meant for exercise but can be used for simple navigation stuff.

Hope this gives you a start ...

ok I see... bad wery bad... i got tomtom 5 today and I like it i dont have to use functions that a cursor might help me with.

Some other program that I can buy for that phone insted of tomtom? (gps program.)

I will check out the rungpgs

Guest richair
ok I see... bad wery bad... i got tomtom 5 today and I like it i dont have to use functions that a cursor might help me with.

Some other program that I can buy for that phone insted of tomtom? (gps program.)

I will check out the rungpgs

Route66 version 7 and Garmin Mobile XT 5.0 also work on the S740. Sygic McGuider should also work, as well as CoPilot Live 7, but I have not tested those last two.

Guest Wombleuk

Memory map (Maptech) with Pocket navigator have marine maps available.

I use their Ordnance Survey land maps on my S710 and they work fine; can't see any reason they wouldn't work on a 740.