Beta now available: PocketGPS Speed Cameras for AppToDate

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest KnightOwl
Hmm, hadn't considered the necessity for the same package in multiple locations.

I'll add the option to add a 'key' to the product name, allowing this.

Thanks Paul, if you need it tested then let me know...

Paul

Guest Paul (MVP)

On the form there is now an option to enter a 'key', please try it KnightOwl!

To use, enter key of 1 for your first CAB, 2 for your second and it should make each one unique.

P

i cant even get the cab :)

i do the details on the form, hit DOWNLOAD and the next page comes up with the single word, FAILED

:D

Same here, tried it twice and got FAILED both time

Guest Paul (MVP)

I've temporarily rolled back the change I made for multiple instances of the same DB (apologies) and also fixed the (really really weird!) underlying problem!

P

Guest Prof. Yaffle

I only started a subscription for the cameras a couple of days ago and so thought I'd use Speed Cameras For AppToDate. I registered AppToDate and everything seemed to go well. Today's the first proper update it's detected apart from the initial camera download. It's downloaded the updates and installed them without asking to remove the old ones. When I look in Remove Programs they're in there as PocketGPS Camera Database (1), PocketGPS Camera Database (1) (1) etc... If I then run AppToDate again it picks up the same update again and I suspect will install it as PocketGPS Camera Database (1) (2). Is this related to the above temporary fix?

• 4 weeks later...
Guest pete_thomson

I get the same thing. It started with PocketGPS camera database (1) and the App to date failed so did a download.

Said the item would need to be un-installed first and appeared to go ok. Next week I tried an update and it said PocketGPS Camera Database (1) (1) is out of date... and so on. This is the same on my TyTNII and Touch HD. I was up to (1) (14) on TyTNII and now after installing this morning I'm on (1) (3) on the Touch HD.

This has happened for me since the launch of the beta

Guest pete_thomson
I get the same thing. It started with PocketGPS camera database (1) and the App to date failed so did a download.

Said the item would need to be un-installed first and appeared to go ok. Next week I tried an update and it said PocketGPS Camera Database (1) (1) is out of date... and so on. This is the same on my TyTNII and Touch HD. I was up to (1) (14) on TyTNII and now after installing this morning I'm on (1) (3) on the Touch HD.

This has happened for me since the launch of the beta

Paul, any ideas on this one?

Guest Paul (MVP)

Right, this SHOULD be fixed now, I strongly recommend uninstalling existing versions and starting again. If all is good, i'll re-add the multiple concurrency support...

P

Guest pete_thomson
Right, this SHOULD be fixed now, I strongly recommend uninstalling existing versions and starting again. If all is good, i'll re-add the multiple concurrency support...

P

It's still showing PocketGPS Camera Database (1) (3) but it's now saying it's up to date :(

I'll keep and eye on the PGPSW site and check it again when it's next updated.

Thanks Paul

• 3 months later...
Guest merwiz

Hi all,

My XDA Orbit II has stopped downloadig the updates correctly, it say's it's doing it as normal, over the top of the existing files, but it's removed all the cameras and not replaced them!!

I've reinstalled both the app and filled in the form again, and i've paid my £1

Any ideas?

I had a similar if not identical issue with an HTC Diamond in the last few days. I updated the cameras and they all seem to have vanished from TomTom's 3D view.

I downloaded them manually and they're all back, but all my alerts have reset. Oh the joy of reinstituting all those!

Any ideas?

I set AppToDate up with the Speed Zone Complete file, which is the same as the one I downloaded.

• 1 month later...
Guest Neil5459

Has there been any further development of this program?

I'm now using CPL8 and the structure of the speed cam folders has changed.

Updates are still copied to the Copilot/Eu/Europe (or UK)/Save folder but when they are integrated they are moved to separate folders in the Save/User_places folder and the original download csv files are removed.

I can get as far as downloading the relevant updates with ApptoDate but it is then necessary to delete all the existing speedcam folders before CPL integrates the new camera database.

An option to delete the 5 folders would be very useful :D

Guest Darlene

You know, girls like beautiful things. I have the same demand on my navigation software ZorroGPS. Fortunately, it provides such personal setting. I like blue, so my interface is blue. As for the skin, I choose purple flower. That is not enough. I make blue sky as the background of my map. On the map there are buttons that I need. For the useless buttons, I choose to hide them. The navigation banner is the same blue with the interface. On the whole, it looks nice now.

• 3 months later...
Guest Sathelp

Is there any update to the download problem? This service has been great but if it becomes imtermittent, then it is back to downloading the versions again. It has missed two updates now.

Any info appreciated.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.