Wifi connection causing device to slow down

Guest markdotpeters5

Guest markdotpeters5

Guys, thought this was originally a Youtube issue, but it seems like the whole device slows down when connected to my Wifi network.

Not just mine either, I was at my sister's place yesterday, same problem. I've upgraded the radio and tried a few different roms - same problem.

Works fine over 3g tho!

Any ideas anyone?

Edited by markdotpeters5

Guest simon11
Hi all,

Got my Touch HD today, and FINALLY managed to get it unlocked.

Now, I have a few issues to resolve with it before I decide to keep it or not, most of which I feel will be sorted with a few forum searches.

However, YouTube on this ROM is VERY jerky. Anyone else have this? Is it a ROM issue?

Have been out of the Winmo game for a very long time... anyone have any recommendation on which ROM to flash to please?

appreciated.

Mark

I have not tried Utube up until reading your post because of the amount of data it uses. I have tried it now though and it is pretty smooth. It used 6mb of data in about a minute though. I am on a 500mb package but that wouldn't last long using Utube. Unless you have a truly unlimited package I wouldn't bother. Use Broadband.

There are quite a few odd things about this phone. But third party software sorts most of them. I find the wifi connection to my router pretty hit and miss but I think it depends on the model and make of your router.

I was a bit reluctant to change from my M700 Smartphone. But now I am glad I did. I have had to replace most of the software though to newer versions for windows 6.1.

I now think that this phone must be one of the best about at the moment. If not the best!

If your video is slow make sure nothing is running in the background. With the touch screen, and if it is in your pocket you can find that lots of programs are running without you starting them.

Guest markdotpeters5

Bizarrely, I discovered today that it's only jerky when using my Wifi connection at home! If I load a video on 3g it's perfectly smooth.

What on earth is that all about?!? Anyone?

Guest RiceBurner
Bizarrely, I discovered today that it's only jerky when using my Wifi connection at home! If I load a video on 3g it's perfectly smooth.

What on earth is that all about?!? Anyone?

probably either a slow wi-fi connection, or a slow bb connection at your router.

Guest markdotpeters5

Nope, wifi speed gets 400k/sec on newsgroups, and I can stream youtube from my wife's iPhone no problem at all.

Plus you can see from the bar that it has buffered way past the point it's playing.

Edited by markdotpeters5