New ROM for Omnia i910

Guest BamDastard

Guest Adrynalyne
OK, this may not be related, but I tried to start VZNav after this update and it cannot initialize the GPS.

I always get that a few times while it initially sets up. I assume you set it to location on as well.

Guest pazatat2

this is great now a new black keyboard has to be made :excl: widgets will definantly be on my phone. :excl: haven't use them since i took my phone out of box :excl: thanx adrynalyne for screen shots. i like the new keyboard. will download after movies download

Edited by pazatat2

Guest BamDastard
I always get that a few times while it initially sets up. I assume you set it to location on as well.

I can't set anything in VZNav. Never get the chance. Starts up and goes to an error screen then I have to click on OK and it closes.

Guest Adrynalyne
I can't set anything in VZNav. Never get the chance. Starts up and goes to an error screen then I have to click on OK and it closes.

You set location to on outside of VZNav.

Go to Settings, Phone.

Under Services, highlight gps and change setting.

Guest Adrynalyne

Nothing like being the bastard stepchildren of the mobile world. We get the old leftovers from firmware seen for a while on the i900.

post-466506-1239202432_thumb.jpg

post-466506-1239202440_thumb.jpg

post-466506-1239202447_thumb.jpg

Guest pazatat2
Nothing like being the bastard stepchildren of the mobile world. We get the old leftovers from firmware seen for a while on the i900.
well im satisfied. hopefully this begins the cook rom race to heaven

Guest BamDastard
You set location to on outside of VZNav.

Go to Settings, Phone.

Under Services, highlight gps and change setting.

Yeah, realized what you meant after I clicked Post! I did have it on. I just uninstalled it and got it off of the App Zone. It's working now.

Guest pazatat2
Hope I don't sound stupid here but I am assuming this new rom will work on the VZW i910. Is this correct? Thanks!

it is for VERIZON ONLY

Guest Omega Ra
Hope I don't sound stupid here but I am assuming this new rom will work on the VZW i910. Is this correct? Thanks!

yes, this is only for the verizon i910

Guest ciscokidinsf

Any changes/improvements for the Omnia's media player? If so, I might take the bait. Otherwise, the improvements are a tad too small to take the plunge, plus I've customized the phone quite a bit to start from scratch...

Guest semmtexx

A few questions about the UMDL. The version I have is 2.3 and the version in the directions is 1.7. Also, in the directions it says to select an image for EBOOT, PDA and CSC but the only one I can select is in the 2.3 versions box labeled "unified image file box". Is that the only one that needs a selection? I'm assuming so since it says "unified". Sorry to sound like a tard. I in no way hav experience in this and it shows. I do thank all of you guys for your patience with first timers like me though hehe. Thanks!

Guest Adrynalyne
Anyway I can get just the keyboard and 5% battery increments without flashing?

If someone can extract the battery driver from the rom, maybe.

Guest necosino
is this the new official thread??

it should be because the other one is 70+ pages!!!

can someone close it?

or maybe its too soon?

Alesis, the other thread is for unlocking the GPS. I've been trying to steer the conversation back towards unlocking the GPS in the new ROM since it seems there's some degree of flexibility with the GPS in this one. This thread would be fine for the official 2-14-09 ROM discussion.

Guest klinc

Firgured I would post this here too...

If you do the update and you cannot connect to the internet and/or make/receive calls becasue you clicked something you shouldn't have during the update this may fix it for you.

Ok went home and grabed old phone(LG VX9900). Came back to office and logged into my verizon and did the ESN change for my old phone under my account. I waited 5 minutes and dialed *228 option 3 on old phone. Went through the process, said it was already in the system and I then held on the line for it to program.

Waited about 5 more minutes and logged back into My Verizon and changed ESN back to the OMNIA. Waited 5 minutes and called *228 option 3. Went through the process and said again it was already in the system and to hold to program the phone. It went through the programming of the phone and then the phone rebooted.

Phone came back up and I dialed the office number here fine. Pulled up Opera and it connected to the internet and pulled up a couple web pages.

There is my fix... Hopefully will work for others.