Omnia i910 ROM by blazingwolf

Guest blazingwolf

Guest Peter Brauer
See, I don't even know what port means lolol. I assume import? as in put a new program in?

The answer to that is Yes and No. Port in this context usually means to move an application or code from one platform to another, such as something written for an HTC Vogue to the Samsung Omnia. So, yes, it is "importing" a new program, but it is a little more involved in terms of making sure the correct DLLs, etc are there. Depending on what it is you want to port, and how it was originally written (i.e. very device specific as opposed to a general WinMo app) influences the complexity.

That is why it can be so difficult to get really cool widgets and gadgets from a certain phone to work on others.

Hope that helps!

Guest blazingwolf
See, I don't even know what port means lolol. I assume import? as in put a new program in?

Hmm, no. Port as in port WM6.5 to our device. :excl:

You use OEMs or Packages to put different programs in to a ROM. :excl:

Guest Peter Brauer
Hmm, no. Port as in port WM6.5 to our device. :excl:

You use OEMs or Packages to put different programs in to a ROM. :excl:

So does this mean we can expect a WM6.5 ROM from you soon?? :excl:

Guest blazingwolf
So does this mean we can expect a WM6.5 ROM from you soon?? :excl:

I wish. I can't get it to even build yet. I think it is something to do with my xip but I have no idea what. I'm still working on it though. It's actually why more versions of my ROM have not come out yet.

Guest vielster

Any idea why GPS would not work with this ROM?  I installed, everything worked fine, but even when I enable the GPS (GPS Says "On") it just stays in "Seek 0."  When I try to use it in Google Maps it also just states that it's seeking satellites, and never finds any.

Guest hartv427

Blazingwolf,

Just wanted to thank you for all you have done !!!! After upgrading to the CC20 ROM and enjoying the Gps I started looking into the cooked

roms popping up and have chosen yours to try. I very much like your approach very clean with a few very key programs installed. I've tried

both of your versions 1 and 2 and I have a question about your 4-20-09 Update what is "personalizer" what does it do for you it makes the

Phone boot slower until you run it once.

Thanks again,

First time writing in

Guest hartv427
Any idea why GPS would not work with this ROM? I installed, everything worked fine, but even when I enable the GPS (GPS Says "On") it just stays in "Seek 0." When I try to use it in Google Maps it also just states that it's seeking satellites, and never finds any.

Works fine for me … after you enable gps and get thorough the warnings and a couple soft resets. It should work fine. Although, it may take a long time the first time. Going outside helps.

Guest blazingwolf
Any idea why GPS would not work with this ROM?  I installed, everything worked fine, but even when I enable the GPS (GPS Says "On") it just stays in "Seek 0."  When I try to use it in Google Maps it also just states that it's seeking satellites, and never finds any.

GPS should work just fine. Please make sure you are outside and wait for about 10 minutes to get the first lock. Subsequent locks are generally faster.

Guest blazingwolf
Blazingwolf,

Just wanted to thank you for all you have done !!!! After upgrading to the CC20 ROM and enjoying the Gps I started looking into the cooked

roms popping up and have chosen yours to try. I very much like your approach very clean with a few very key programs installed. I've tried

both of your versions 1 and 2 and I have a question about your 4-20-09 Update what is "personalizer" what does it do for you it makes the

Phone boot slower until you run it once.

Thanks again,

First time writing in

Thanks. :excl:

Personalizer allows you to change the operator line in plugins or other programs to anything you want. So with Samsung Today 2 instead of saying Home Service mine says VZW. You can choose anything you want it to say though. Why you are having problems with a slow down I'm not sure. I have not run in to the issue myself. Is this right after flash? What other programs do you have installed?

Guest hartv427
Thanks. :excl:

Personalizer allows you to change the operator line in plugins or other programs to anything you want. So with Samsung Today 2 instead of saying Home Service mine says VZW. You can choose anything you want it to say though. Why you are having problems with a slow down I'm not sure. I have not run in to the issue myself. Is this right after flash? What other programs do you have installed?

Yes right after the flash and a couple or soft resets .. Personalizer wants to run because it’s in the startup dir .. I canceled out at first because I didn’t know what it was. At First I disabled then later reinstalled it and understand what it is now. After you let it run once things are good. Also I installed the main menu cab even though it’s a pain so the home button on Samsung Today 2 works instead of a missing shortcut. SPB screenshot nice touch.

Thanks Again

post-471951-1240595516_thumb.png

Edited by hartv427

Guest blazingwolf
Yes right after the flash and a couple or soft resets .. Personalizer wants to run because it’s in the startup dir .. I canceled out at first because I didn’t know what it was. At First I disabled then later reinstalled it and understand what it is now. After you let it run once things are good. Also I installed the main menu cab even though it’s a pain so the home button on Samsung Today 2 works instead of a missing shortcut. SPB screenshot nice touch.

Thanks Again

Hmm, I really have not noticed a slow down but it may just be because I am used to it. I didn't even realize that the home button launched something. lol I'll need to fix that. Thank you. :excl:

The next version of the ROM has the Spb Screenshot slaved to the camera button in place of Photoslides. :excl: Plus I have removed the security checks so you don't get that annoying pop up asking if you really want to install (maybe this is what is causing the slow down).

Nice background. Is that a full theme or just a wallpaper? Care to share?

Guest hartv427
Hmm, I really have not noticed a slow down but it may just be because I am used to it. I didn't even realize that the home button launched something. lol I'll need to fix that. Thank you. :excl:

The next version of the ROM has the Spb Screenshot slaved to the camera button in place of Photoslides. :excl: Plus I have removed the security checks so you don't get that annoying pop up asking if you really want to install (maybe this is what is causing the slow down).

Nice background. Is that a full theme or just a wallpaper? Care to share?

Just a wallpaper ... I'm really enjoying this clean rom ... Looking foward to your next version !!!

One other thing I have found is a few file extension and default icon errors trying ot open for example.3g2 the cameras video file. Total Commander fixted that for me though. I think the file extension errors are do to the removal of the touch player. Media player will now open the file but it still has the touchplayer icon

post-471951-1240604913_thumb.jpg

Edited by hartv427

Guest blazingwolf
Just a wallpaper ... I'm really enjoying this clean rom ... Looking foward to your next version !!!

One other thing I have found is a few file extension and default icon errors trying ot open for example.3g2 the cameras video file. Total Commander fixted that for me though. I think the file extension errors are do to the removal of the touch player. Media player will now open the file but it still has the touchplayer icon

Thanks for the wallpaper. :excl:

Yeah, the file association is something I have to work on. I have not yet located where this is in the ROM to make the change. Thank you for letting me know. :excl:

Guest Adrynalyne
Thanks for the wallpaper. :excl:

Yeah, the file association is something I have to work on. I have not yet located where this is in the ROM to make the change. Thank you for letting me know. :excl:

If memory serves, its in the boot.rgu under .ROM, or in the BaseApps rgu file.

The easier way is to use something like OEMizer and add your own registry entries in to overwrite the old.

Guest hartv427

Back to Personalizer

I think the slow down only happens after flashing an then a hard reset Personalizer wants you to do something a window pops up to fast to read. But once you give Personalizer an answer soft resets are much faster. With all that being said I believe the phone is a good 20 to 30% faster overall with the garbage removed !!!! :excl:

Edited by hartv427

Guest blazingwolf
If memory serves, its in the boot.rgu under .ROM, or in the BaseApps rgu file.

The easier way is to use something like OEMizer and add your own registry entries in to overwrite the old.

Thanks. I never had luck with OEMizer when I cooked ROMs for my HTC devices. I will look at it again though to see if I have better luck now. :excl:

Guest blazingwolf
Back to Personalizer

I think the slow down only happens after flashing an then a hard reset Personalizer wants you to do something a window pops up to fast to read. But once you give Personalizer an answer soft resets are much faster. With all that being said I believe the phone is a good 20 to 30% faster overall with the garbage removed !!!! :excl:

Hmm, OK. Let's see what happens with the next version. :excl:

Guest blazingwolf

Just made a version with MS3 put in to it. Thanks to Sector for the OEM. :excl: It also has a couple of other fixes in it. A new version with out MS3 should be up soon too.

Will add the link to the first post.

http://www.4shared.com/file/101692923/b047...ashMS31bin.html

Edit: I forgot to say that you must have a registration code for MS3 to work. When cooked in to a ROM the 15 day trial period has ended.

Edited by blazingwolf

Guest kurcha
Just made a version with MS3 put in to it. Thanks to Sector for the OEM. :excl: It also has a couple of other fixes in it. A new version with out MS3 should be up soon too.

Will add the link to the first post.

http://www.4shared.com/file/101692923/b047...ashMS31bin.html

Thnx! Very much...

I am using the previous rom and I like it. Too bad I don't know how to do it my self.

Guest blazingwolf
Newb-

I meant to ask... would you please post pics...

Thnx!

Yeah, I will a little later on. I have already flashed a different ROM so I have to go back and get the images. I wish I wouldn't have forgotten them. :excl:

Guest blazingwolf
In your guys opinion is MS3 worth the $30 to buy? Let me know. Looking forward to flashing soon.

I like it. Makes a lot of things easier to use then the standard OS interface. It still allows use of the today screen also for different plugins too. Download the trial and use it for a few days before flashing to the MS3 ROM. That way you can decide if you like it. :excl: