OmniaTMC Beta 2 (and unofficial Beta 3)

Guest BeamRider

Guest punkwhan
Update: Everything is working great for me in New York (USA) using Clear-Channel TTN (premium TMC). :)

Are you still using the usb cable or the wall charger as an antenna in your car?

Thanks.

Guest eranst

Hi Guys

I am newbie here - so please - if you can help i will be grateful

I have an IGO on my device, and since then, my FM Radio has stopped to work

I was desperate long time till i read this forum and understand that it might be the problem is connected to this.

Has anyone have an idea how to revive my Radio on my Omnia?

Many thanks

Are you still using the usb cable or the wall charger as an antenna in your car?

Thanks.

For the best reception, I just use the stock microphone USB cable without any headphones plugged into its 3.5mm jack. Plugging in headphones seems to slightly reduce signal. Of course, the phone is just running on the battery this way.

I also tried a 3.5mm antenna adapter plugged into that microphone USB cable from my car's FM antenna, but it didn't help (possibly due to too many adapters -- see below).

I never use anything plugged into the stock USB splitter, because that splitter itself has too much signal loss.

I have used various chargers without the splitter: The Wal-Mart charger had great signal at first, but now none. The Samsung wall charger has okay reception most of the time, but gets interference from my inverter. A Samsung car charger that I bought has no reception at all.

I used the Data USB cable plugged into a car adapter with USB outlet early on. There was some signal, but it did a lousy job of charging (not much better than no charging at all).

Recently, I also tried the "cellular" antenna port under the rear cover connected to my car FM antenna. I bought an Omnia to FME adapter cable, an FME to TNC adapter, a TNC to BNC adapter, a BNC to Motorola adapter, and a Motorola to VW/Audi adapter cable. To my surprise, there was actually some signal there (even though each adapter adds loss), but not enough to get any useful TMC data. I might try making my own cable to eliminate the other adapters and see if that's worthwhile. In the meantime, I'm not positive if the rear port is physically connected to the FM chip, or if the tiny but present signal was just passive.

Edited by itb44

I've now got a new challenge: My Omnia's GPS stopped working -- sometimes it shows a positive number of seek satellites other than 0, but never any signal. I thought it was due to a cloudy day yesterday, but today's clear and still no GPS signal. I'm suspecting a hardware problem (could I have damaged it with my various TMC antenna attempts?), but not sure if it could be some sort of registry corruption. I've tried hard resets and reflashes to no avail. I'm on the verge of requesting a replacement phone, but would rather not replace since paid TMC subscription probably tied to the particular FM receiver in my phone! Anyone have any GPS hints or values I should check? I have the phone set to Location On, am using GPS Toggle, and not even Google Maps can get a fix. I've tried leaving it outside facing clear sky for a long time, and nothing . . .

EDIT: I also have an external USB GPS (Garmin USB-18, I think). Anyone know if I can use that with the Omnia?

Edited by itb44

Hi Guys

I am newbie here - so please - if you can help i will be grateful

I have an IGO on my device, and since then, my FM Radio has stopped to work

I was desperate long time till i read this forum and understand that it might be the problem is connected to this.

Has anyone have an idea how to revive my Radio on my Omnia?

Many thanks

If you're using OmniaTMC Beta 2, and have it activated, you will not be able to listen to your Omnia's FM radio. I think I read that earlier in this thread, but have not tried it myself.

I've now got a new challenge: My Omnia's GPS stopped working . . .

My GPS issue turned out to be mechanical, although I don't have a permanent solution yet. Here's what happened: I bought an external cellular antenna adapter, and after trying it out, the internal antenna basically stopped working. The antenna connector on the back of the phone is probably supposed to disconnect the internal when an external is plugged in, but should go back to internal when external is disconnected. The internal cellular antenna also works for GPS. Thus, I currently have very low cellular and virtually no GPS signal, unless I use an external antenna, even where I used to have perfectly good signal using just the internal before.

I don't know whether this issue was caused by an issue with the external antenna adapter dimensions or whether there might be a weakness in the Omnia's connector switch itself. I'll try to sort out with reputable adapter supplier that's closed for weekend before I post item details, and also probably check with Samsung.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest klausdor

@BeamRider

Hello,

waiting for the Omnia II with mobile 6.5 and using MN6 6.2.5 for Navigation my question is:

will your OmniaTMC Beta 2 work in that configuration?

best regards

Klaus

waiting for the Omnia II with mobile 6.5 and using MN6 6.2.5 for Navigation my question is:

WM6.5 works fine -- I've used it on my i910. Will the Omnia II have the same FM-RDS receiver chip?

WM6.5 works fine -- I've used beta versions on my i910. Will the Omnia II have the same internal FM-RDS receiver chip as the Omnia?

WM6.5 works fine -- I've used beta versions on my i910. Will the Omnia II have the same internal FM-RDS receiver chip as the Omnia?

• 3 weeks later...
Guest daz306td
That message comes out when AdvFMRadio is not starting up. Possible causes are:
  • SDK Certs is not installed
  • File AdvFMRadio.dll missing from \Windows
  • Check that "\HKLM\Drivers\Builtin\FMRadio\DLL" registy key is FMRadio.dll (old driver) or AdvFMRadio.dll (new one)

Anyone got the cab available for the SDK Certs? I have no \Windows\AdvFMRadio.dll file.

thanks

Guest daz306td

Hi guys,

I have ogt as far as iGo detecting the TMC hardware... it goes onto a TMC parameters screen, Use auto tuner is selected, if I un tick that I cant manually change? Whats wrong? Something missing in my sys.txt or save\system.ini file?

Any help appreciated

Hi all,

Bcause TMC using radio can be a problem (radio tuner, and antenna needed), Is there a way to have TMC using GPRS ( I think tomtom use this ) ?

Is there something available like a GSMTMC, WAPTMC emulator/downloader for Windows Mobile (iGO or other) or something similar ?

http://www.mediamobile.com/article.aspx?no...&lancode=FR

Another problem could be to have access to the trafic datas, probably not free of charge...

A big problem with Omnia is the car / antenna adapter... why not use GPRS ?

• 2 weeks later...
Guest jukefox
Beamer may have ditched this project.... Last Seen: 19th June 2009 - 08:40

This is hopefully not the truth, BeamRider, isn't it?

I'm going to purchase Omnia II and wanted to run OmniaTMC with Mobile Navigator 7 on it until a one time fee IP-based TMC alternative becomes available.

Probably there is some work to do to make it run on the new model.

So come on BeamRider and negate the assumption of illusion786.

I am willing to help with tests were I can but don't let that fabulous project die!

Edited by jukefox

Bad news!

Tried the software, but noticed that RDS data on FM radio tuner didn't work.

Uninstalled it following the instructions. Did a hard reset. Did even a rom upgrade. Nothing! station name won't appear any more in the radio tuner.

Seems like the RDS capabilities of the phone got broken or something.

Any of you experienced something alike?

Please help!

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Monberg75

Hi.

Just installed the application.

When i press activate advFMR, and the unit reboots, i get 'OpenDevice: FAILURE'

Is there any solution for that problem?

Regards:

Monberg75