Bell Omnia Rom

Guest bellboy2000

What is needed to be able to get a Bell ROM version?

Bell has to come out with an update, or a ROM must be leaked (from my knowledge). Orrrr someone really smart can figure out another way of helping us users out. Does the ROM Dump >> create flash strategy work?

• 1 month later...
Guest jeff260z

I was able to get something off my phone. Two files actually. os.nb and extrom.nb

os.nb is 151,830 KB

extrom.nb is 10,240 KB

Are these files usable to build a windows 6.5 rom for my phone?

Guest bettafish

I am glad I did my research before upgrading my Omnia to WM 6.5. I hope I Bell ROM comes out soon! For now I will stick to the battery hog SPB Shell.

I really appreciate the work people do on creating ROMs!!

Cheers

bf

• 1 month later...
Guest WhatID

Wow... Being a newbie with i910 (Just received it in less than 24 hours), I am glad I read this thread....

So correct me if I am wrong, if you have a i910 w/ Bell Mobility, there is nothing much you can do (i.e. replacing the stock ROM) unless someone get a hold of the original ROM and cook one.

Darn... I should of pay the extra and go with Omnia II like my friend, he already replaced the stock ROM from bell.... :P

Guest WhatID

Tried to play dumb and asked Bell if there is a Samsung stock ROM for the phone.... and the answer was nope... :P But the CSR did suggest to check w/ Samsung, humm, I wonder if anyone has connection... :(

Oh the other hand, didn't someone posted a dump of the stock (Bell) ROM? Has anyone started cooking on that?

Guest jeff260z

Well there may be a way for all you that have flashed the verizon rom on your Bell omnia i910 to bring it back to stock. On the cdrom that came with your omnia there is a lanquage changer program. Put the cd in your computer and navigate to D:\Additional Applications\WWE\. With active sync connected and running run the LanquageChange.exe program and with your omnia connected to your pc. Click connect. Select the language you want.

I haven't tried this but it may work. I didn't flash my phone with the verizon rom.

For those without the CDRom.

http://rapidshare.com/files/372725665/Lang...Change.rar.html

http://rapidshare.com/files/372738893/i910BCC30.MLI.html

Edited by jeff260z

Guest WhatID
Well there may be a way for all you that have flashed the verizon rom on your Bell omnia i910 to bring it back to stock. On the cdrom that came with your omnia there is a lanquage changer program. Put the cd in your computer and navigate to D:\Additional Applications\WWE\. With active sync connected and running run the LanquageChange.exe program and with your omnia connected to your pc. Click connect. Select the language you want.

I haven't tried this but it may work. I didn't flash my phone with the verizon rom.

Assume that's really the Bell ROM... Can some guru chef start cooking? ;)

One thing I do hate is the phone keep bugging about battery low @ 40% all day long! and all the crapware that comes with the Bell ROM!

Guest spawnbsd

Thanks for posting this .. Unfortunately none of the i9x0 Omnia flashing/dumping tools are able to open this rom, anyone else have any luck?

Guest missingXtension

Would dumping a rom with samsung pst help?

I don't have a bell rom, but i do have a pst and a 1910 dll.

There is an option to dump a rom, as well as an option to install a rom.

If you guys want to try and dump a bell rom via pst, then someone else install it via pst.

I dont think it can mess up anymore.

• 5 months later...
Guest scriverm
I think this canadian ROM will not be easy to be leaked but I'm sure there's a genious out there that will be able to help us out ...

I'm convinced that something can be done ... what I don't know ... I wish I could do more

Isn't there a way to backup original ROMs anyone ?

ok so i dont know if this is what your looking for but i have the bell rom i910BCC30.mli i changed my phone with it came as french and i changed it to english but while doing so it erases flash memory and rewrites all of it. and reinstalls the os if thats what you are looking for let me know and i will see if i can post it for you guys!!

p.s. it took me a few tries with it to get it to work kept saying wrong file format but it will work eventually !! you also need active sync installed to do it !

p.s.s also i was wondering if someone could mod the file and make it 6.5 or custom to unlock gps.. or what ever anyways leave a reply and i will try my best to get it up for yas!!

ok so i dont know if this is what your looking for but i have the bell rom i910BCC30.mli i changed my phone with it came as french and i changed it to english but while doing so it erases flash memory and rewrites all of it. and reinstalls the os if thats what you are looking for let me know and i will see if i can post it for you guys!!

p.s. it took me a few tries with it to get it to work kept saying wrong file format but it will work eventually !! you also need active sync installed to do it !

p.s.s also i was wondering if someone could mod the file and make it 6.5 or custom to unlock gps.. or what ever anyways leave a reply and i will try my best to get it up for yas!!

I have a bell Omnia as well. After you flashed the mli file, does it comes with those useless bell apps as well? (I bet it does...)

I really hate this Bell version of Omnia phone right now. Charging is the major pain in the a** issue.

- If the battery is dead, the only way to get it to charge is to use the original batter charger. The original USB data cable is useless in this case. I also have a 'modified' cable that let me charge via USB (e.g. USB adapter, USB car charger), but that will not charge if the batter is dead. It just keep cycling on and off all night...

- Not to mention it doesn't use standard mini-USB port to charge..

- I have read the 'mod' to disable the 'alarm' when the battery is fully charged... But it doesn't seems to work and it is real annoying when you leave the phone charging at the bed side before you go to sleep. And who the f*** is the stupid designer not to include the option to disable such a useless feature?

Beside those, I really hate those useless Bell apps take up all the storage space... Once I am able to upgrade, I am going to toss out this piece of s*it. Being able to load custom rom may change my view. But right now, with stock Bell firmware make this phone the crappiest phone I have ever owned.

I have the bell Omnia and my GPS works fine with a custom GPS software what works on it fine no problems.

Agree. GPS and GPS apps works fine with stock firmware.

I just wish one day someone will create a custom firmware for Bell Omnia to get rid of the extra crapware, disable the "fully charged" alarm and perhaps "fixed" USB charging when battery is completely dead....

• 1 month later...
Guest belly007
Still no progress on Bell ROM? Gosh.. I can't wait for my next hardware upgrade.. This phone is (*&%@!

Ok so im guessing everyone with a bell omnia i910 is skrewed if you tried flashing it?

Mine basically has the red power light and that is all :P

Any further news?

Guest luis12285
Ok so im guessing everyone with a bell omnia i910 is skrewed if you tried flashing it?

Mine basically has the red power light and that is all :P

Any further news?

wow.... this is old... i think a mod needs to put the axe on this thread.... and buddy.... all the Devs for omnia roms left a longggggg time ago

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Leafy1967

I stupidly mucked my Omnia i910 by flashing it with a Verizon ROM. Looks like there's nothing I can do based on this thread, but I'm wondering if there is a market for these "non working phones". Can my phone be used by someone on the Verizon nework?

If so, anyone interested?