Samsung Omnia II

Guest ghost82
hehe no that's not what I was asking. I am just wondering if people were able to start cooking roms shortly after the device (i900) was released or did it take some time. I am coming from HTC world where people have to make special SPLs to flash custom roms.

it took around 4-5 months for original leaked roms to appear and another month or so for custom roms to start appearing, but this is only because the tools where not available to cook roms. It took off rather quickly though once the chefs got hold of the tools. I would imagine that it would only take a couple of months for omnia 2 roms to appear or even quicker if the same tools can be used

Guest krelvinaz

That plus there will most likely be a 6.5 upgrade not long after it is released which would give the needed image stuff to make roms from.

Guest andylyf
In Asia, this phone is known as Samsung Jet

i think you need to read more before u post something like this and makes u look stupid....

samsung jet and omnia II is totally different, although the design is about the same....

Guest FerdiBorbon

wtf is that looks plain, lacks hard buttons but specs are of the charts for a phone.and that NAk on the back looks like NADS it looks cheap

Edited by FerdiBorbon

Guest cmalone

Who needs hard buttons with these specs. jk

Speaking of buttons....what happened to that rule that wm6.5 phones need to have a start and back hard button?

don't see either on omnia 2.

Guest FerdiBorbon

well thats only a concept model anyways... ;)

Still in love with the Omnia II samsung release it already before other manifacturers comes out witha suprise, and the Omnia series might get disregarded by buyers :D!!

Guest -Vulture-

Wow, really nice review. The only thing is that all the menus are a little bit jerky, not that fluid like on this other apple device ;) . But as we all saw on the TouchWiz screen: it seems to be an older device cause of the sentence "Not for testing.". And there are other videos on youtube showing those menus with fluid animations.

But the rest is simply amazing. All the apps from windows mobile like calendar, sms and so on have their own new interface, something i really miss on my omnia. Really nice.

Edited by -Vulture-

Guest iNicc0lo

thath is a pre-series the software ugrades cames weekly so you can see new feauture in the next week on youtube and in the web surely ;)

Edited by iNicc0lo

Guest -Vulture-
thath is a pre-series the software ugrades cames weekly so you can see new feauture in the next week on youtube and in the web surely ;)

Ahh, nice one, cant wait to see some more videos on your blog! :D

Guest fane

Samsung have done a great job with winmo 6.1 for omnia 2.I think that if i buy it i wont change to 6.5 .The phone has everything i need and it looks great

Guest FerdiBorbon

she was right i was like WOW that screen is freaken beautiful! Definitely big props to Samsung to redesign all windows menu, functions etc to basically layer the whole windows interface..well done really happy to get this phone when its released/

Edited by FerdiBorbon

Guest chokia
Samsung have done a great job with winmo 6.1 for omnia 2.I think that if i buy it i wont change to 6.5 .The phone has everything i need and it looks great

2121_01_16.jpg

LOL so which one looks great?

i think i want the silver version

samsung-omnia2-black-portrait-141x300.jpgsamsung-omnia2-white-portrait-141x300.jpg

samsung-omnia2-black-landscape-300x215.jpgsamsung-omnia2-white-landscape-300x209.jpg

Edited by chokia

Guest ccczzz
COMPLETE VIDEO REVIEW!

ITALIAN + ENGLISH!

Hi, well done review!

I've got a few questions after watching you videos. Could you please comment on build quality of the devices - both Omnia II and Pro - (I know that they are pre-sale units but the hardware should not change dramatically) especially the slider mechanism in pro - is it durable and reliable?

Also does that center button work as d-pad?

A little off-top at the end: what is the name of the band and song tha starts at 5:30?

Thanks and waiting for another news.

Guest chokia

Samsung Omnia II to cost EUR 549, available in August; Omnia Pro – EUR 499, ships in July

Few days ago we told you that Samsung Omnia II is coming this September with WinMo 6.5 preinstalled.

Well, that’s a bit of a wait for those eager fanboys that want to get their hands on this latest and greatest Samsung gadget RIGHT NOW!

Worry not, we have some good news about the new Samsung Omnia family, at least in some European countries.

Samsung has just announced the availability dates and prices for Samsung Omnia II and Omnia Pro devices in Belgium, and they are better then we reported earlier.

According to Samsung Belgium, Omnia II will start shipping in August, with a suggested retail price of EUR 549. Samsung Omnia Pro will become available even earlier – in July - for a suggested retail price of EUR 499. (The prices include VAT tax)

Of course, if you want to get one of new Omnias that early, you’ll have to settle for Windows Mobile 6.1 Pro OS for a while. But free upgrade to WinMo 6.5 will be offered on both handsets as soon as it becomes available.

Enjoyed the story? Get the news and updates as we publish them. For instant updates as we press the "Publish" button, click here to follow us on Twitter . To subscribe to RSS News Feed click here , for daily e-mail updates click here .

Source http://www.unwiredview.com/2009/07/03/sams...-ships-in-july/

Guest bobobird

I joined the rom flashing withdrawal club as soon as the Omnia II was announced. And suddenly, I have loads of time to do other things. Wow!

Thanks to Khuanchai, Sector, Qbus, Shokka and the guy with a T in his name, plus all other cooks for all the hardwork to keep us entertained.

Edited by bobobird