[Project] ANDROMNiA - Android on Omnia

Guest FeLLa_

Guest shokka9
Jus a quick question :D

Will we be able to run Android apps/games on Omnia

Or should we modify them to work

I am assuming here.....

but once we can interface with Android OS, it will run all Android apps/games, so we shouldn't have to modify them to work in Android environment.

I can't wait.....this is will be so much fun....a dual booting Omnia running WM & Android....

;)

Guest nollie

This is amazing. Great work Fella!

Just to let you know if you can successfully port Android I will be more than happy to make a donation if you set something up.

Guest joža

trying something i have the ubuntu live CD did all I have to do but screen just goes black. nevermind it's not useful yet for anything but trying possibilities of omnia! :D

and....can i get video pleaseeee? like how the one on pitcures booted. tnx ;) :D

Guest emmarbee

Mind Blowing!

Omnia is gonna rule! With Android getting into it, the hidden 262K (I guess atleast android supports it) will spruce up the display!

Guest FeLLa_
This is amazing. Great work Fella!

that wasn't only my work! we are a team! :D

great work from netspider, ulrar, sonique, whiplash and all the other people at irc channel :D

sorry that we cant give you support for the package.... we have so much to do at them moment....

maybe next revision will have a howto ;)

EDIT:

yes it's for all omnias (except omnia HD)

Edited by FeLLa_

Guest xCorndogx

Can't wait till you have all (or the most important) drivers working, and the ability to send/receive and answer calls that would be great.

Guest Tim-H
Will this be for omnia i910 or i900 or both?

As far as my understanding with custom ROMs go. They are developing this on the i900, but someone should be able to easily port it over to the i910 when they get it running.

Guest jhitesma
As far as my understanding with custom ROMs go. They are developing this on the i900, but someone should be able to easily port it over to the i910 when they get it running.

At this time they aren't working on a ROM. They're using a WM based boot loader application which is why this doesn't require flashing or any other modifications to the phone.

I tried it on my 910 and it works just as well as it works for anyone. Boots the kernel, loads android and you can watch the clock tick.

I'm not sure how different the 900 and 910 are so I don't know if there will be any driver issues. Though I suspect that most things will be similar enough that for most functionality anything that works on one will likely work on the other. There will be some parts of the devices that are different I'm sure. But for now the functionality is the same on 910 and 900.

Guest Tim-H
At this time they aren't working on a ROM. They're using a WM based boot loader application which is why this doesn't require flashing or any other modifications to the phone.

I tried it on my 910 and it works just as well as it works for anyone. Boots the kernel, loads android and you can watch the clock tick.

I'm not sure how different the 900 and 910 are so I don't know if there will be any driver issues. Though I suspect that most things will be similar enough that for most functionality anything that works on one will likely work on the other. There will be some parts of the devices that are different I'm sure. But for now the functionality is the same on 910 and 900.

Thats what i get for not reading through the whole thread lol. Alright then there shouldn't bee too much of a difference. The gps driver needs to be different for sure. I think there are a few hardware differences so i wouldn't expect it to run smoothly on the i910 straight off the release.

Guest darren ang

This is a very important milestone for android on omnia

The team really make it.

<h1 class="title">Let's Give Them A Round of Applause</h1>I manage to boot up on my omnia too

Just a little trick, when you extract to your memory card, do ensure all those "init, rc.init & etc" files are in root folder.

Some zip application just extract the zip file as "rootfs" folder, this wont work, you need to copy all the files in rootfs folder to your memory card root folder.

Guest MrOmnia81

Great News... You dudes Rock!!!!!

Guest redragon95

Great work guys!

by the way, this dont format my phone or dont flash anything on it right? when i close the phone and open again, still WM?

Guest FeLLa_
Great work guys!

by the way, this dont format my phone or dont flash anything on it right? when i close the phone and open again, still WM?

right :D

Guest SiLviO_

amazing work!! Good Job! by the way i have a question: how do you get the touch drivers or any drivers for the android? you simply search them or you have to make them? could you explain me how do you get the drivers or what are you doing to get them?

Guest FeLLa_
amazing work!! Good Job! by the way i have a question: how do you get the touch drivers or any drivers for the android? you simply search them or you have to make them? could you explain me how do you get the drivers or what are you doing to get them?

70% of drivers are supported by kernel so we have to modify that android can work with them.

gsm/gps & bt/wlan driver have to be written!

the current problem is that we dont know enough about the android layers....

touchscreen is working but the signal is lost in upper android layers. same for the keys...

Guest pppack

I honestly have to say that this is a great project. The effort you guys put in a project like this really deserves to be acknowledged. I cannot wait to see this project finished. And i have to agree with Corwest and i hope everyone does :D

Guest finaldestiny

ZOMG!!! I can't wait for the update!! Truly you guys are heroes. Every omnia owner there is should gave u guys a standing ovation XD Well done guys, well done :D

Guest Gibeon

Nice work guys! And, I see alot of people loving the developers, why don't you guys donate a little amount at www.androidomnia.com!