Omnia II i8000 keyboard input and screen rotation

Guest kuvulmaz
I have tried this. Changed the Value but there is no option "Rotate Screen" Appear. What else need changing

I do not have the "Rotate Screen" option after the registry edit.

Can anyone help?

Guest Hiroshi.Rio

Try the 'old' WM'settings: Start -> Settings -> Buttons.

This hack works like a charm. :D

However, an amazing keyboard (too much better than Samsung - for me, at least) is Finger Keyboard: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=501122

Can anyone help?

Edited by Hiroshi.Rio

Guest JohnHere

Can anyone help?

This helped me greatly. I got it from xda developers. I put it on my Omnia 2 about 1 month ago and haven't had any problems since. I can go landscape on excel and word, even my main screen if I want. Just assign it to a button other than the main screen button (I use the button on the left of the device above the camera button, the one that takes you back a step). Once you are in the application you want, say word, just use the button and a pop-up comes up where you can select the rotation. Here's the link:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread...329#post3050329

Regarding keyboard I use the bluetooth Universal Freedom keyboard 2 and after some playing around to get the devices paired it's been working consistently. Hope this helps.

Guest JohnHere
This helped me greatly. I got it from xda developers. I put it on my Omnia 2 about 1 month ago and haven't had any problems since. I can go landscape on excel and word, even my main screen if I want. Just assign it to a button other than the main screen button (I use the button on the left of the device above the camera button, the one that takes you back a step). Once you are in the application you want, say word, just use the button and a pop-up comes up where you can select the rotation. Here's the link:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread...329#post3050329

Regarding keyboard I use the bluetooth Universal Freedom keyboard 2 and after some playing around to get the devices paired it's been working consistently. Hope this helps.

Sorry, that button I use is on the RIGHT of the device.

• 1 month later...
Guest babyjosef17
My rotates sometimes, but doesn't at other times. Keyboard will still be there though.

Opera and picture rotates with no problem. Anyone has similar issues? Is it unique to my phone or a common problem?

Glad to hear i'm not alone.

I also have this problem. At first I thought it was the S2U2, SPB, SRS WOW, and anyting that I have installed and the phone that is causing this. So i removed all. Still have the proble.

I kinda sorted out at what point this happens.

after you soft reset your phone. Sms auto rotate works fine. It is only after my phone has gone in stanby mode (blank screen) after wake up the SMS does not auto rotate anymore.

I wonder if this is a samsun bug, or maybe it really is the fault of all the apps I have installed.

I will do a hard reset now then I will update all of you.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...
Guest tiosav

wheeeeeeeere the badword is the registry????? I have omnia i8000 and this rotation is killing me. . .:huh: . . .I want to turn of but I dont understund what I have to do?????

Guest AdamAsater
wheeeeeeeere the badword is the registry????? I have omnia i8000 and this rotation is killing me. . .:huh: . . .I want to turn of but I dont understund what I have to do?????

Next time do a quick search on the forums (or google), Its already been posted somewhere here

Download a registry editor

Some options are

Resco File explorer (comes with a reg editor)

Regedit

CEregeditor

Depending on which 1 you download, It will either be edited via computer or your phone. I recommend downloading resco file explorer. I find it really easy to use, finger friendly and its very fast. You get a file explorer + a registry editor + system info + a today plugin (ithink)

Anyways once you have downloaded and installed it on to your phone, just navigate to where ever you want to and change the value, add new strings do what ever you want etc.

Note* Be sure to make a back up of your phone incase something goes wrong in the registry. If you dont know what your changing in the registry, then dont do it. Be sure that the path you want to edit has been confirmed by someone else that it works and wont mess up your phone.

Edited by AdamAsater

Guest moxadrian
I have the same problem: screen only rotates in Opera, not in Notes, Word, SMS etc. And yes, I have calibrated the Motionsensor. Read somewhere that it did work on an older ROM-version. Still, this is a software issue, isn't it? Anybody any suggestions?

you need to install autorotation 1.1.0