what about navigation software on omnia 2?

Guest asus535

Obviously the un-named gps chip in Omnia I and II is bad compared to SIRF or MTK chips.

There seems are driver issures between ROMS, especially WM6.1 and WM6.5 roms. Many of first Omnia II owners reported better results because they have wm6.1 ROMs. Most of WM6.5 Omnia II owners experience difficulties.

Samsung wants to preserve battery, and money. So I wish they used MTK chips in their phones. But maybe they don't want to pay for royalties or they want to build every piece of hardware themselves, like arm processor, AMOLED screens, etc. etc.

Some unlucky OmniaII owners feels even more poor perception, probably could be improved by better gpsidril.dll file, but never expect SIRF or MTK quality.

Guest AndrejM

I have just discovered that iGO works like a charm, when GPRS connection is ON ... GPS + GPRS and iGO works perfect ... Dont know why in this case navigation software works fine, but unfortunately that's not free of charge ...

Guest Dado...

iGO8 work without gprs.... it's free 100%

if you need update XTRA data, just use sync via USB with computer...

Edited by Dado...

Guest AndrejM

I know that ... I was just trying to say, that with no GPRS works with big lag (I wrote about that in my first post here), but when GPRS is working in background, that iGO has no lag anymore ...

Guest momyc

I use Copilot 8.

It was a nice promotion on Christmas period..20$ with Nortth America Maps .

It's working without flaw and lag.

The 3D view is very nice and very easy to use.

Very Happy with it , even the maps are more actual than my car navigation.

Edited by momyc

Guest Snow02
I use Copilot 8.

It was a nice promotion on Christmas period..20$ with Nortth America Maps .

It's working without flaw and lag.

The 3D view is very nice and very easy to use.

Very Happy with it , even the maps are more actual than my car navigation.

Yeah, to above poster, I got mine for 20 around christmas as well. And yes, they regularly update their maps, and if you have an area that isn't mapped, submit it to them, and they'll include it in an update with 45 days. Pretty impressive.

Guest MrNerd
I've tried both Garmin and Co-pilot. I prefer Co-pilot due to the better choice of views (3D, 2D etc) and less lag in updating my position but cannot find a way to stop it connecting to the internet when in use.

Does anyone who's used Co-pilot know how to diable it connecting to the internet as I don't want it connected for a journeyof a few hours.

Cheers

I've tried running Garmin Mobile XT, and it constantly searches for a bluetooth device. It never sees my built-in GPS at all. I'm using a Bell Omnia II - is there any way to determine if the GPS is locked without their software being installed?

Any help is immensely appreciated. <_<

Guest kkimber

I have use iGO 8.3.4.102680. If you use update the xtra db, no gprs connection required. If no updated xtra db found, igo attempt the download gprs/edge connection to download db. use can disconnect the attemption but igo gps connection wait 2-3mins...

Guest navin-shetty

I have Route66 free upgradeable from Route66 website, but you need to buy the appropriate map for you, you can also download those map free from route66 application itself but need to buy to make it work :mellow: .

Read my post here or go to this link to download the application: http://www.66.com/samsung/index.php?cid=IZ...at=2&scat=3

for me the Route66 eats battery fast <_< !!!

post-649047-1268064958_thumb.jpg