Emulators

Guest landslot
Wow thanks for that landslot - very much appreciated!

What sound and frameskip settings did you use?

The sound , i just use normal setting. Frameskip wise i dont limit to 30fps.. (untick it seems run more smooth/faster)

• 3 weeks later...
Guest daskalos

I have an Acer Tempo M900 and I have found stable settings that worked for me.

Though we got two different models, we share the same processor (though Omnia II's 800mhz, and Acer M900 got a hardware keyboard),

so I think my settings will work with Omnia II too...

You could check my working settings here http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=565163

and check the vid I made here:

Hope it works :)

• 2 months later...
im using FPSece 0.96

having an issue with portrait mode. cant really press any buttons the game seems to be running fine though

this is a common problem for 0.09.6, there is a bug in the virtual gamepad (to press a button, you have to push a little bit higher than where the button is shown)

i request someone to overclock their O2 and check the FPS (i can't as i have no PSX games)

PS: what kind of FPS is the morphgear gba module getting?

Edited by qtilt

Any news about the release of 0.10?

Not much :) ... other then it was just officially released ;) B)

PS: Seem's to work fine, good frame rate(fullscreen), i don't have a controller to test, or played with the ini to set anything

Edited by Guest

Not much :) ... other then it was just officially released ;) B)

PS: Seem's to work fine, good frame rate(fullscreen), i don't have a controller to test, or played with the ini to set anything

Setup controller (BGP100), works fine.

Does anyone know how to exit fullscreen view?

Guest cyber-junkie
Setup controller (BGP100), works fine.

Does anyone know how to exit fullscreen view?

Fullscreen should change to portrait-mode by typing with the stylus in the right top corner (in portrait) - but this doesn't work for me or other OmniaII-Users...

My workaround: Use gyrator2 (works only with HTC-G-Sensor-Emulator) to change with the g-sensor in landscape/portrait-mode - this works!

Edited by cyber-junkie

Guest Delvius

What settings do you use for FPSEce? I tried working around with it but I can't get it working. Tried FF8/9 and all I get is a black screen :/. Would anyone whose FPSEce is running well mind posting his .ini?

Edited by Delvius

Guest Matt174e

Interesting topic. I thought about emulators for the Omnia II, but I always thought it would be nearly impossible without multitouch.

Do the controls work well for the games?

Guest touchflo

anyone know how to map the hardware buttons on i8000 with fpsece 0.10? none of them will map.i can only hear a beep when i click the key but the value doesnt get stored.

Edited by touchflo

Guest Delvius

I think the I8000 hardware buttons do not work at all, tried it too as it was supposed to, nothing works. At least the software buttons work.

Edited by Delvius

Guest cyber-junkie
What settings do you use for FPSEce? I tried working around with it but I can't get it working. Tried FF8/9 and all I get is a black screen :/. Would anyone whose FPSEce is running well mind posting his .ini?

I have the same problem, but only without Ginkage's OpenGLes1.0-Driver.. with the driver most games runs fine.

I don't know why - because FPSECE don't uses OpenGLES1.0 - but it works!

My Ini: All standard - but gfxdrv=4 (directX) and enablesound=off (to increase a few fps - also works with sound on)

- I couldn't also map any hardware-keys of the i8000 - so the most time I'm using virtual Keys

(with overlay picture!! - you have to set the picture separately in the mapping-menü) - or I'm using my Zeemote mapped as hardware-buttons :)

Edited by cyber-junkie

Guest touchflo

ive tried 4 games and they all work pretty good. NHL2001 with frameskip 3 is pretty playable. still kinda slow and buggy. smackdown 2,ecw and coolboarders 2001 run around 30fps without frameskip and very playable.

so no opengl? i know the directx on the omnia2 is just software. if we just had some form of 3d acceleration then we could have very good performance.

by the way, fpu enabler made absolutely no difference

Guest Delvius

I finally got FF8/9 working :). Tried playing with the settings for hours now and my result:

I8000 + FPUEnabler(Tried it many times, gave me 1-2 FPS more) + S3Clock -> 2x 500Mhz + Gyrator

-FF9 Intro Vid (The scene with the boat in the storm) with 65-74 FPS (Frame Limiter Off)

-FF9 Gameplay with 61-80 FPS

-Everything with the good sound plugin so that I can enjoy sound even in the Vids

-Everything without frameskip

Still working on it but at the moment it is perfect ;).

Edited by Delvius

Guest cyber-junkie

@Delvius,

- With 'Everything with the good sound plugin' you mean the standard fpsece-sound and without any extra driver etc.?

(because in my settings yet I get stuttering background-music in GT1 :) )

- Can you please post your settings of your S3Clock (e.g. a link to your S3Clock and the needed dotnet-version)?

(because I can't get S3Clock AND gyrator to run - it needs different dotnet-versions ;) )

Guest cyber-junkie

Thank Delvius,

now it works - but S3clock only starts, when fpu-enabler was startet before...

You set only MPLL to 500? And APLL (when I set this also to 500 my fpsece don't start...)?