Iphone 3GS vs Omnia 2

Guest unholygid2006

Guest tacchan23
I don't know where you got those figures from but even the Samsung sites quote:

Europe/Asia spec:

• 2G Network: GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900
  • 3G Network: HSDPA 900 / 1900 / 2100

The Omnia specs comes from ADVERT LINK REMOVED (and some other websites too), dunno if they accurate of course.

But I think they need the 3G at 850mhz in north america? (which comes with the i8000L)

Well, no idea really, just speculating... I'm in Bangkok now and will go back to Italy next year so no prolem for me anyway:D

Guest enriqueyang
i regret, because i8000 doesnt give u a completed/full performance when you are in the U.S., im heading asia soon, will see how this phone does over there.

if you are in the U.S., go with iphone 3gs, it has a very fast spd getting on the net and its stable.

i compare both phoen myself jumping with different program usage, iphone beats i8000. but i8000 does have a better camera and video capture.

beat? u sure? i will still feel that if u still need the apple touchy smooth and multitouch thing, get ipod touch 64gb, store ur music collection there n listen to music on seperate device.. use omnia 2 for movies, business and phone function..

Guest TheBishop
beat? u sure? i will still feel that if u still need the apple touchy smooth and multitouch thing, get ipod touch 64gb, store ur music collection there n listen to music on seperate device.. use omnia 2 for movies, business and phone function..

Have to say, never been impressed with quality of audio from iphone or iPod Touch. Xperia, Kaiser and Omnia 2 all sound better IMHO.

**ITUNES SUCKS ASS**

i told my gf to install it on her laptop i dont want that crap on my pc for syncing her stuff :D ... its crap how you can only use it on '1" computer or you lose all your stuff if you sync somewhere else, also you cant use the iphone a data storage unit too...

Itunes does suck ass, but there is this neat little app called Yamipod. You should check it out :)

Guest bobobird

Whatever everyone thinks of the iphone, we should all give Apple credit for doing one thing...

ie getting every other manufacturer off their butts.

I think that on the hardware front we will be close to perfection when capacative amoled comes out (resistive as shown in O2 is already darn good).

On the software front - much more is needed, most of which is a unified app interface and dev standards (which cannot happen with winmo unless ms puts down very strict standards like those for win drivers etc).

That said, the manufacturers still like playing their silly little games - full 2G and 3G bands. Apple did not take any s**t from US carriers whereas the others are still being bullied by the same. The day handset exclusivity dies in USA and Canada the better for everyone.

Edited by bobobird

Guest fireonhigh

does anyone know where to buy the i8000L?i heard it is coming in october but i havent seen it any wheres for sale.. im on att and need the 850 1900 3g bands

Guest La Traviata

Just found this in the Wall Street Journal:

"SEOUL -- Apple Inc.'s entry in the South Korean mobile-phone market will likely ramp up price competition, pressuring margins at Samsung Electronics Co. and LG Electronics Inc. that are already suffering from weak demand. The entry of the iPhone in South Korea comes as both Samsung and LG have been feeling the squeeze on their margins from a global slowdown in demand for consumer electronics due to the world-wide recession. Samsung's margin from its telecommunications division, including handsets, fell to 10% for the second quarter from 11% a year earlier. LG's margin from handsets fell to 11% in the quarter, from 14.4% a year earlier. "Since Samsung and LG don't have impressive smart phones in the pipeline, it would be hard for them to compete with the iPhone," said Oh In-bum, an analyst at Dongbu Securities. Apple is widely expected to start selling its popular iPhone this year, after the South Korean government last month approved the device. Samsung and LG have launched similar touchscreen devices to compete with the iPhone, but sales haven't taken off partly due to weak branding and the absence of their own mobile operating systems."

Well, it looks like I will soon get the chance to compare them side by side. I don't expect Vodafone UK to sell Omnia II, so I will have no choice but to buy it SIM free, but I can at least get a subsidised iPhone from them (far too expensive to buy SIM free).

Guest NuShrike

This question is more like do you prefer TiVo or MythTV. One needs more manual massaging to make it just work, but one is much more customizable, if you have the time.

Guest powser

No amount of customizing will get an iphone to the power of windows mobile, and no amount of customizing will get windows mobile to the beauty/simplicity/idiocity of iphone :)

That's just my theory. Heh. And also, I can't comprehend what the article said that SAMSUNG AND LG dun have good smartphones to compete with iphone?? In my opinion, iphone is more dumb than smart (cause Apple purposefully made it that way).

Edited by powser

Guest rumkokos

Why do you need the phone for anyway? If only to brag around u have the best phone, than go to gsmarena.com look up the specs and compare the phones. That should give you the answer. If you want to get the max out of your phone, well then u need skills like chainfire and rest of the coding gang to make the good phone even better. By doing so, almost any winmo phone will be better than iphone, as the main preference judging the quality of the phone would be >costumisation of the phone< which is not a possibility with an iphone or even symbian phones.

So if u really wanna get oppinions on which phone is better, then u gotta come out with preferences you got and expectiations u want from the phone. In this case other oppinions would be relative to your question giving u satisfying answers.

So, what do you want and expect from the phone?