OpenGL ES 3D drivers, v1 compatibility layer

Guest GinKage
I've tried xtract once more but still no go, the texts are covered in white boxes even after I cleared RAM before starting.

How much free RAM do you have?

Try disabling WidgetPlus (or Spb Mobile Shell, if you use it, or TouchFLO 3D, etc.), closing MainMenu (via Task Manager), and so on.

How much free RAM do you have?

Try disabling WidgetPlus (or Spb Mobile Shell, if you use it, or TouchFLO 3D, etc.), closing MainMenu (via Task Manager), and so on.

just got it run a few minutes ago, yeah, I did : installed the game on micro sd, reinstalling the driver, disabled touchwiz, freed some RAM

even then it failed to run properly on 1st attempt, it was successful on 2nd and 3rd attempt, dunno why....

so much effort to play a game which is no that great lol....and I don't know if my O2 can play properly it next time...lol

Edited by nap_rz

just got it run a few minutes ago, yeah, I did : installed the game on micro sd, reinstalling the driver, disabled touchwiz, freed some RAM

even then it failed to run properly on 1st attempt, it was successful on 2nd and 3rd attempt, dunno why....

so much effort to play a game which is no that great lol....and I don't know if my O2 can play properly it next time...lol

Try HR :D

Guest ProWang
I've tried xtract once more but still no go, the texts are covered in white boxes even after I cleared RAM before starting.

can someone pm me the cab file link or something? maybe my cab is broken.

It's not cab broken issue. Just not enough free memory.

Check your free memory at setting->System->Memory, 54M free program memory is a must.

It's not cab broken issue. Just not enough free memory.

Check your free memory at setting->System->Memory, 54M free program memory is a must.

I see, touchwiz really eating much ram, or is there any other explanation why my system reserved almost half of it ram on something???

sorry for off topic, but is there a way to disable and get rid the touchwiz completely without using a cooked rom?

Edited by nap_rz

Guest serverxeon

can anyone tell me what's the difference between files uploaded by chainfire and ibtech?

OpenGLESv1.cab

libGLESv2.dll

libGLESv1_CM.dll

libEGL.dll

?

which do i need for the touchflo UI?

also what is the difference between chainfire's upload in this thread and this thread http://www.modaco.com/content/i8000-omnia-...162/touchflo3d/

sorry newbie here. thanks!

Guest GinKage
can anyone tell me what's the difference between files uploaded by chainfire and ibtech?

You don't need any files by IBTECH.

which do i need for the touchflo UI?

also what is the difference between chainfire's upload in this thread and this thread http://www.modaco.com/content/i8000-omnia-...162/touchflo3d/

Chainfire's TouchFLO 3D package already has everything included (it also has driver from this thread as well). It also includes recompressed textures, so it runs faster.

You may use OpenGLESv1.cab from the first page to install original unmodified TouchFLO 3D, but Chainfire's package is better.

Guest GinKage

Yet another minor update, v0.258:

• adds PVRTC support (not sure if it gives anything useful, but let it be: maybe some game for Dell Axim will finally work, maybe not);
  • fixes minor ambient lighting issue (as seen in TestOpenGL's donut test; BTW, I'm proud to say that my lib works FASTER in TestOpenGL than http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ESf9W4Ld0U, although with minor issues!);
  • removes matrix palette from extensions list (so that glBenchmark 1.1 wouldn't hang);
  • and fixes a crash on MindPol's Coin game from their 10 Games for Betting.

I'd say, the latter game is the only reason why anyone would want to update.

libgles_cm.zip

Guest daskalos
Yet another minor update, v0.258:
  • adds PVRTC support (not sure if it gives anything useful, but let it be: maybe some game for Dell Axim will finally work, maybe not);
  • fixes minor ambient lighting issue (as seen in TestOpenGL's donut test; BTW, I'm proud to say that my lib works FASTER in TestOpenGL than http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ESf9W4Ld0U, although with minor issues!);
  • removes matrix palette from extensions list (so that glBenchmark 1.1 wouldn't hang);
  • and fixes a crash on MindPol's Coin game from their 10 Games for Betting.

I'd say, the latter game is the only reason why anyone would want to update.

tested this on GeoRally (dell axim game) it launches and runs but having problems in graphics (oversized graphics and some missing graphics).

No Touchflo3D in first build... i currently have an old 2.5 build partially working, but what we really need here is help by Ginkage to tweak his great libgles wrapper to make last shipped LEO 2.5 manila compatible...

Hey GinKage : Have you read about this post from RFD ? Have you done anything about it ?

Thanks

Guest najmi85
Looks like once again Kishonti GLBenchmark deleted all results from our M900 devices (and I don't see any Omnia II devices either) while using these enabling drivers.

Please help me bitch to them here: [email protected] about their shady ways.

ok..we'll test out our device & send those result to them..of what this driver can do.. :D

Guest xfallen

hey guys GK and CF would you guys take a look at this if it could work with your driver or if its impossible thx a lot there are the link : its for the ACERshell and acershelllauncher that its not working

http://www.4winmobile.com/forums/e-ten-ace...r-m900-rom.html

and the youtube video :

thx a lot GK AND CF if you look at this :D

Edited by xfallen

Guest rafyvitto
hey guys GK and CF would you guys take a look at this if it could work with your driver or if its impossible thx a lot there are the link : its for the ACERshell and acershelllauncher that its not working

http://www.4winmobile.com/forums/e-ten-ace...r-m900-rom.html

and the youtube video :

thx a lot GK AND CF if you look at this :D

These dont even work on my acer s200, i doubt they will work the omnia 2...

Guest NuShrike
These use OGLESv2.0 customized specially for Acer hardware.

No chance these drivers affect them.

Guest Tylwith
These use OGLESv2.0 customized specially for Acer hardware.

No chance these drivers affect them.

the m900 is using a S3C6410 that why the opengl1 dll of this thread is working also on m900.

m900 driver seems to be very similar to o2

As adviced by a member of the forum, here is a copy of the topic I created about developping an openGL ES app on Omnia 2 :

I'm trying to develop an openGL ES application for Korean Omnia 2, but I can't find a way to make it work. I thereby request some help to programmers around :(

the facts

- Korean Omnia 2 is equivalent to Verizon Omnia II dowgraded to WM6.1

- it's shipped with libGLESv2.dll, libEGL.dll, and libGLESv1_CM.dll

- samsung hasn't yet delivered any SDK including OpenGL ES lib

I saw a part of the current topic, but it seems to be user-oriented (run HD2 apps and such) more than dev-oriented (compile & deploy homemade app). Also, its 23 pages make it a little scary to look into beyond 10 of them ;)

As an base start, I manage to make work D3DM application on the Omnia 2, using either the original BVS driver or the Omnia 1 XScale driver. But, as most of you may know, D3DM sucks. And on a device that is said to support HW acceleration on OGLES, it sucks even more :D .

Here I go with my OGLES application tries. As far as I know, I need a LIB to link with some OGLES DLL, so I looked for one that could suit...

I tried to download Meizu SDK with Cube sample (as explained here) from there.

The application itself compiles fine under Visual studio 2005 (with SP1 and WM6 SDK), but it won't run on the device. Copying the libGLESv2.dll from the sample or libGLESv2.dll and its friends from Omnia 2 windows directory to the application folder won't work better. It just says it can't start the application.

I tried create a new c++ device project using the same sample code, the result is the same.

Here I am, pretty lost on how I could get an OpenGL ES application running on this damn phone (except using the fully software solution of Vincent3D, which is not an option) without waiting for Samsung to move their fat... libraries.

If you read everything to this point, you may be brave enough to give me some help or hint, thus thanks in advance for all your precious advices :D

Thanks again..

Guest GinKage

MMoi,

Cute20 sample doesn't work on a device probably because of the wrong .lib files (check your project configuration, initially it points to the local ones).

I compile my code using the files attached. You need all of it: headers, libs and, most important, the shader compiler.

GL2.rar

Um... Wrong. HD2 has GL2 drivers. More to it, their libGLES_CM implementation works just like mine, i.e. via nicely optimized GL2 shaders.

Wait, there's more! Those shaders are compiled on-the-fly, because HD2's implementation has glShaderSource working, which i8000 doesn't have. So, in fact, HD2's GL2 support is even better than i8000's.

HD2 has the full set of GL drivers: libGLESv2.dll, libEGL.dll (these two for 2.0), libGLESv1_CM.dll (latter two for 1.1) and libGLES_CM.dll (which is basically libGLESv1_CM+libEGL compiled into one lib, for 1.0).

Would you mind to share your development setup ? I am looking into starting to port my Diamond programs (Diamond Beer and Diamond Cubes for example) to the HD2, but would like to use OpenGL ES 2.

I can use C++ (preferred) or C# and anything else. Even if the demo shows only a triangle that would be find for me, my main problem is really to set up the development environment (project). Do I for example just copy the dlls from my HD2 into my VS 2008 project ? Which include files should I use, etc.

Any pointers to other places where I can find this are also appreciated.

GinKage

I'm not sure I understand. Yeah, the Cute20 project points to local .lib file, but that's why I downloaded it ! Samsung didn't deliver yet any .lib file to link my app to their OGLES implementation dll, and since it seems to me that such a .lib is required during linking, I'm looking for a .lib and couldn't find any other one than M8.

Your file contains lib files... thanks a lot ! I'll check that tomorrow :D

But, if I may ask, where did you find these files ? Did you get them from Samsung or another source ? Did you produce them yourself (how and with which input files ?) ?

I'm pretty curious about all of this, I feel like I missed some part of the logic. Something like "hey, why not anyone worrying about this .lib files ? and why do everyone produce dll files (you can find on the device) instead of what seems really useful ? and why couldn't I find these .lib during my research, then get if so easily just asking once ?"). As you can see, I'm quite disoriented.