HTC Touch HD vs Omnia II

Thank you for your initial comparison. How its screen visibility looks under the sun (I know it is not good but just want to hear from your side). Can you watch a DivX clips, listen to Fm radio or basically a media file with stereo BT headphones in TCMP or any player?

regarding BT headphones wont be able to test that out because I dont have any :)

didnt even get a chance to try the FM radio, just could be bothered plugging in ordinary headphones...although I should at some stage

visibility under then sun is a small bit better than the Touch HD, its possible to make out something and thats good enough for me...the non-touch screen Nokias used to be very good on that count, the screen would turn black and white under the sun but perfectly legible...

the only touch-screen phone that had a briliant screen legibility under direct sunshine was MWg's O2 XDA Flame believe it or not...had that one years ago...not a great phone but the display was amazing :)

another observation:

the touchscreen is very responsive, its possible to use the original winmo qwerty keypad without a stylus, tiny letters but then you get much more screen space.

on the other hand the slightly raised edge around the screen is very annoying, makes it very difficult to use the side scroll bars

Guest thinkcool

Thanks for this wonderfull review on the go :-) , that's much better than those made for the show, i mean, you take more time to have better appreciation of each piece of the beautifull successor to the Omnia i900.

and juste to say that, even all this great features of the omnia 2 are driving me crazy and aim to get one, i'm surprised last days how the omnia 1 is still a beatifull winmo phone, and that specialy thanks to the community at MODACO. you deserve honestly 25% of the benefits done on this samsung toys. ;-)

well, thanks for the review, and still hearing from you

P.S; excuse the bad english, and happy to read all day this topics

to sum up:

the I8000's disadvantages over the Touch HD: smaller display, lack of stylus.

I will be keeping the I8000 after all, the Touch HD will be thrown on the shelf as a backup phone :)

Guest tae omnia

Hi , can try out the recording using the audio note?

I like to know whether the mic is sensitive enought to record lecture in the classroom.

Pl share with me your experience

Tks

now this is supposed to be Touch HD vs I8000, not I8910HD :)

but anyway, regarding the I8910HD, a few downsides: capacitive touchscreen and design...pure ugly IMHO

comparing I8000 and I8910HD cameras, taking stills is nearly the same in my opinion (near perfect in good lighting conditions. blurry in poorer lighting ones..) I didnt notice that much difference in quality between 8mpix and 5mpix, except for the filesize...

didnt get a chance to properly test I8000 video recording capabilities yet....will report back in due course

Guest brucewilsonpa
to sum up:

the I8000's disadvantages over the Touch HD: smaller display, lack of stylus.

I have had the O2 for a couple days and just sold my Touch HD. I was concerned about the smaller display but have to point out the difference is so little it really doesn't seem to affect my use -- the .1 inch diagonal equates to about .1 inch overall width and I don't even notice it after using my Touch HD for 6 months. The brighter screen is REALLY worthwhile, as is the much peppier operation (due to the faster processor). I have not yet decided on whether I like TouchWiz, but do prefer it over TouchFlo3D which I abandoned very early with my Touch HD -- TouchWiz does slow the O2 and eat up a lot of RAM. OTOH having the widgets with 3 home screens is kind of nice -- when I switch to WinMo I lose that. I like some of the Samsung OS mods but am not sure I like their messaging interface -- I have 5 email accounts and the way the message interface works I can never tell which have new msg. w/o opening the inbox for each. That's frustrating. Overall, though, I'm sold on the O2 -- a nice improvement over the TouchHD IMHO.

Guest tacchan23
I have had the O2 for a couple days and just sold my Touch HD. I was concerned about the smaller display but have to point out the difference is so little it really doesn't seem to affect my use -- the .1 inch diagonal equates to about .1 inch overall width and I don't even notice it after using my Touch HD for 6 months. The brighter screen is REALLY worthwhile, as is the much peppier operation (due to the faster processor). I have not yet decided on whether I like TouchWiz, but do prefer it over TouchFlo3D which I abandoned very early with my Touch HD -- TouchWiz does slow the O2 and eat up a lot of RAM. OTOH having the widgets with 3 home screens is kind of nice -- when I switch to WinMo I lose that. I like some of the Samsung OS mods but am not sure I like their messaging interface -- I have 5 email accounts and the way the message interface works I can never tell which have new msg. w/o opening the inbox for each. That's frustrating. Overall, though, I'm sold on the O2 -- a nice improvement over the TouchHD IMHO.

I suggest you to turn off TouchWiz and Samsung Widgets and replace them with SPB mobile shell or PointUI+PointSense.

Also you can disable the Samsung Sms/Email to go back to default WinMo.

You can read more here: http://www.modaco.com/content/i8000-omnia-...mnia2-tips-faq/

• 2 months later...
Guest orly_mihai
all said and done I miss my Touch HD....

And your opinion is that HTC HD is better than Omnia I8000?I have a HTC HD and i want to change it with an omnia I8000.

Guest DunKnow

I do not think that htc hd should be compared to Omnia II, htc hd is an one year old device, one year old technology. How is it possible to compare with a new technology Omnia II. The graphics capability of omnia II already surpassed the htc hd.

Guest orly_mihai
I do not think that htc hd should be compared to Omnia II, htc hd is an one year old device, one year old technology. How is it possible to compare with a new technology Omnia II. The graphics capability of omnia II already surpassed the htc hd.

With that one year old technology i tell you a thing.I was having samsung omnia i900 and i change it 2 months ago with a nokia n97.One week ago i gived my n97 with his new technology for an HTC HD and a money difference.And i tell you the HTC HD is much better then n97 and that thing with new technology i don't belive it anymore.

Guest DunKnow
With that one year old technology i tell you a thing.I was having samsung omnia i900 and i change it 2 months ago with a nokia n97.One week ago i gived my n97 with his new technology for an HTC HD and a money difference.And i tell you the HTC HD is much better then n97 and that thing with new technology i don't belive it anymore.

True true, n97 specs loses to htc hd, the cpu is slower, it has lesser ram. From what i have observed, windows mobile phones have better hardware than symbian mobile phones.

Guest monyozt

i have plan to throw my OMNIA II and change into HD. because 'my storage disapear issue' at OMNIA II. i have friend with OMNIA II and suddenly his "my storage" dissapear... and Samsung center here can't fix this phone since this phone not release yet on Indonesia :D

i have plan to throw my OMNIA II and change into HD. because 'my storage disapear issue' at OMNIA II. i have friend with OMNIA II and suddenly his "my storage" dissapear... and Samsung center here can't fix this phone since this phone not release yet on Indonesia ;)

I hope you meant the HTC HD not Omnia HD, because there are some serious issues with Samsung Symbian based i8910 (Omnia HD) that will drive you crazy, here is a link to a page that direct you to a 25-pages-detailed-issues regarding Omnia HD !! :( :D

Guest DunKnow
I hope you meant the HTC HD not Omnia HD, because there are some serious issues with Samsung Symbian based i8910 (Omnia HD) that will drive you crazy, here is a link to a page that direct you to a 25-pages-detailed-issues regarding Omnia HD !! :( :D

Maybe he meant htc hd hehe, cuz this thread is regarding htc hd, it is a waste if decides to sell away his omnia II. ;)

Guest monyozt
Maybe he meant htc hd hehe, cuz this thread is regarding htc hd, it is a waste if decides to sell away his omnia II. :D

because of the My storage issue on OMNIA II bro... om going crazy if this thing happen to me *i hope not

i mean HTC HD ;)