Storm's ROM - Version 13.1

Guest Rob Storm

Guest Rob Storm
thanks for the new updates. can someone tell me what the diff is between the 2 builds 23081 & 21872. dont know on what basis to pick one.

230xx is the new GUI with the start button on the bottom. The 218xx builds are the old style with Start in the upper left.

Guest flanker1743
Never built one. I'll see what I can do. I love a challenge. :D

Your roms have pretty much always been very light, just thought an M2D version would really take the cake. I used it a little over the summer, but it killed my battery because I was always playing with it cause it was so beautiful. Titanium is nice, but I usually find myself installing MS3 or PointUi--there's just more information those screens can provide. But M2D was very, very pretty when I used it. (and so much fun to slide back and forth!)

New build is running great. Very snappy, as usual. Haven't really run into any problems, although I LOVE that you kept the samsung keyboards in the ROM. I was always curious about the HTC keyboard, but I tried it, and the keys were just too small, and to me it felt slower than the samsung I've got big hands, and the samsung keypad is what works best for me after many, many trials. So thanks for keeping that, again.

Thanks for the hard work as usual, Rob! I'll let you know if I run into any more issues.

Guest Rob Storm
rob great work as usual just want to know if the video recording issue has been solved in the new versions?

As far as I know it has. Give it a try and let me know if you have any issues. :D

Guest Titanas

Yeah no offense, but the 21872 ROM is far from flawless. I've had so many problems with it in the past 24 hours and I've hard reset it twice already. It freezes a lot, the calibration data seems off even though in the registry it's fine, my contacts don't show up after I use Microsoft MyPhone and if I add them they still don't show up, a lot of programs don't work properly like Internet Explorer or Opera, and my phone won't play mp3's anymore. Now that I think about it, most of the stuff was working fine until the XDA_UC kicked in.

I think I'm just going to try and cook my own ROM; I want a 23016 ROM that has almost nothing changed except for most of the Verizon crapware removed and the HTC keyboard installed.

EDIT: So I hard reset again and everything is running really great and I'm not having any of the problems I mentioned earlier, so whatever the XDA_UC changes screws stuff up. Is there any way to stop XDA_UC from running or installing stuff?

Edited by Titanas

Guest gorf1000
As far as I know it has. Give it a try and let me know if you have any issues. :D

I'm using the 23081 load and while I absolutely love it (I've actually stopped using another UI for the time being), the video camera still does not work. Is there a way to get it set back to camera mode after you try to go into video mode (it always tries to reopen in video mode and hence consistently crashes with ""absence of camera module")?

Thanks for all your work, the ROM is awesome and it's worth it to use even with the video problem.

Guest dmcnado
EDIT: So I hard reset again and everything is running really great and I'm not having any of the problems I mentioned earlier, so whatever the XDA_UC changes screws stuff up. Is there any way to stop XDA_UC from running or installing stuff?

Do you still have these problems if you delete the XDA_UC folder from your storage card? If it can't find it, it can't install anything and should just stop.

Guest Titanas

I don't have an XDA_UC folder anywhere. After I install a program from a hard reset it will turn the XDA_UC on and it just installs and tweaks stuff then everything's fubar.

Guest flanker1743

For anyone that's having the video problems, check here: http://www.modaco.com/content/i910-specifi...and-video-mode/

Rob, things are running all right here. It was getting really choppy yesterday, I had to soft reset like 12 times in a row. Still haven't put my finger down on an exact problem, but I think it has something to do with the size of my inbox. :D Looking forward to any updates!

Thanks again!

Guest gorf1000

Rob, I love your ROM!!! I see somebody above linked to my thread about the video/camera problem so now we can at least get back into camera mode.

In your next ROM can you update to include the new Resco photo viewer beta now that 5 has expired (http://www.resco.net/forums/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=28273)

Again, I love your setup, any chance somebody could put together a S2U2 lock screen that looks like the themed locked screen in this ROM?

Guest Rob Storm

Sorry for the hiatus. I have been trying to work out as many bugs as possible. Here is a 23085 ROM that "should" fix all the issues my 23081 had.

Great thanks go to waremike for all his help!!!

Storm Rom 23085 SYS

Please check it out and give any feedback!

Rob

Guest dmcnado
I don't have an XDA_UC folder anywhere. After I install a program from a hard reset it will turn the XDA_UC on and it just installs and tweaks stuff then everything's fubar.

If you don't have an XDA_UC folder anywhere, then XDA_UC can't be your problem. XDA_UC doesn't install stuff on your phone that way. It's probably something else.

Guest Rob Storm
If you don't have an XDA_UC folder anywhere, then XDA_UC can't be your problem. XDA_UC doesn't install stuff on your phone that way. It's probably something else.

Correct. XDA_US does nothing but allow you to silently install and customize using "Your" additional files.

Note: 23085 Does not have XDA_UC cooked in.

Guest flanker1743
Sorry for the hiatus. I have been trying to work out as many bugs as possible. Here is a 23085 ROM that "should" fix all the issues my 23081 had.

Storm Rom 23085 SYS

Rob

Awesome! I'm looking forward to flashing this one, hopefully I'll get around to it this weekend and I'll let you know how it goes.

Guest Titanas
Correct. XDA_US does nothing but allow you to silently install and customize using "Your" additional files.

Note: 23085 Does not have XDA_UC cooked in.

No, I'm running 21872. Right after I install anything it starts XDA_UC up then the problems start to happen.

Guest Brian Walter

Storm Rom 23085 SYS

Rob

23085 works great so far the best rom I have ever tried.. Also the screen seem to be much more responsive than the 23081 version.. Good Work.. Just wish XDA_UC was burnt in but that’s just a preference definitely not going to keep me from running the next version.

:D

Guest Rob Storm
23085 works great so far the best rom I have ever tried.. Also the screen seem to be much more responsive than the 23081 version.. Good Work.. Just wish XDA_UC was burnt in but that’s just a preference definitely not going to keep me from running the next version.

:D

Thank you for the kind words! Just to let you know though, 23085 does not have XDA_UC cooked in.