i8000 Samsung Messagebox

I agree 100% it would be very very helpful

Also, it would be great if you could make a distiction visible between the person who sent the sms and your reply because it's kind of hard to see who sent what... (like color, or indentation/spacing or whatever)

But great work, thanks a lot

Its an app by samsung, not by me, so report, suggest directly to samsung (korea/singapore)

Guest mike-biker

If you have already set the "threated sms mode for omnia i8000" and changed the dll's in registry, you are did a big mistake! All the ppl!

This samsung layer has its unique threated function that different from microsofts threated sms!

I suggest you to hardreset you system to get the defaults!

No, I wrote - I tried it two weeks ago, but for some bugs as impossible MMS it was uninstalled. I flashed new ROM G7, then HR. But I need typical SMS thread as on the other WM 6.1 products - such as HTC. :D . This program is a good idea, but tell me please, how to reach for typical threaded SMS only? I`m sending MMS once a week, and my e-mail? I have the same system as on PC. With folders for sent, archive, work, personal.... It`s more digestedly. The most important is SMS thread I think. :)

hi trail... on the old threadedd sms mode(like i900) im able to move message to my own folder and create my own folder.. my question is, can i do the same thing when use your cab? coz now im using old style threaded mode but im interesting to try your cab... thank for your answer

Edited by monyozt

hi trail... on the old threadedd sms mode(like i900) im able to move message to my own folder and create my own folder.. my question is, can i do the same thing when use your cab? coz now im using old style threaded mode but im interesting to try your cab... thank for your answer

Sure. :)

No, I wrote - I tried it two weeks ago, but for some bugs as impossible MMS it was uninstalled. I flashed new ROM G7, then HR. But I need typical SMS thread as on the other WM 6.1 products - such as HTC. :P . This program is a good idea, but tell me please, how to reach for typical threaded SMS only? I`m sending MMS once a week, and my e-mail? I have the same system as on PC. With folders for sent, archive, work, personal.... It`s more digestedly. The most important is SMS thread I think. :)

You can do me a favor! :D

Guest NewForce

Actually I've found sometime ago, if modifying below registry will enable this "Threated SMS-MMS Inox".

"HKLM\Software\Samsung\JINBOX\ThreadedView Disabled" DWORD value set to "0".

After that, re-open SMS-MMS app (without soft reset), all will see the "Threated SMS-MMS Inox".

One thing though, open the SMS-MMS app, will take about 10sec (depend on how many sms you had in inbox/sent)

a single contact "Threated SMS-MMS Inox" will be damn slow to anyone, or at least to my liking.

Example you had a contact with 110 sms inside inbox & sent,

1. Open this contact sms along took about 30sec.

2. Click on the tiny reply row take another 25~30sec.

Furthermore the "system busy spinning clock" will be there like forever that make you think your Omnia-2 hang-up,

unless you try your luck to tab the screen again to see if it able to response to your tabbing.

Actually I've found sometime ago, if modifying below registry will enable this "Threated SMS-MMS Inox".

"HKLM\Software\Samsung\JINBOX\ThreadedView Disabled" DWORD value set to "0".

After that, re-open SMS-MMS app (without soft reset), all will see the "Threated SMS-MMS Inox".

One thing though, open the SMS-MMS app, will take about 10sec (depend on how many sms you had in inbox/sent)

a single contact "Threated SMS-MMS Inox" will be damn slow to anyone, or at least to my liking.

Example you had a contact with 110 sms inside inbox & sent,

1. Open this contact sms along took about 30sec.

2. Click on the tiny reply row take another 25~30sec.

Furthermore the "system busy spinning clock" will be there like forever that make you think your Omnia-2 hang-up,

unless you try your luck to tab the screen again to see if it able to response to your tabbing.

Beware of manually editing the registry! All the ppl here are so claver...

Microsoft has a huge documentation about it, read it on msdn.

Edited by taril

Guest CryptXus

i think ppl should understand that taril just made something that exist in the samsung s/w appeared for usage. Something like ppl editing registry to made the WM threaded msg appear. Therefore he cannot created additional things like coloured balloons, indicator, incoming msg on top, etc. Its not an app that he wrote. Hence pls spare him from all the request to 'enhance' the looks and format of the samsung threaded msg :)

i think ppl should understand that taril just made something that exist in the samsung s/w appeared for usage. Something like ppl editing registry to made the WM threaded msg appear. Therefore he cannot created additional things like coloured balloons, indicator, incoming msg on top, etc. Its not an app that he wrote. Hence pls spare him from all the request to 'enhance' the looks and format of the samsung threaded msg :D

Thank you, but it wont help, trust me. :) Users are users, not developers.

Guest mattb777

hi taril, just want to say i've installed your threaded cab on a G7 rom, soft-reset, and there is no change at all.. is this only for H roms or is there something i'm missing? the message inbox does show up in my other apps like stated but it's just the normal microsoft inbox, and the samsung inbox is unchanged...

Guest argoldst
like wise after installing i didnt see a difference.. having the H6 here..

Are you guys using Mobile Shell or any other program like it? I know for a fact it does not work if you have mobile shell installed.

Guest kohanson

It is working on my H9 .. Just that the msgs will auto scroll all the way to the bottom whenever i open any of my friends folder. The msg sent tone and 'msg sent' msg will also not be displayed.

Guest kohanson
how to roll bck to original???or how to remove tis device = =

i can't found it

Go to Samsung Settings > Memory Settings > My Storage > Look for the program and remove from there..

Guest mike-biker

The simplest solving SMS Threading even with Spb Mobile Shell and full workable MMS. :D

1) Switch off SAMSUNG Thread

Go to registry:

HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Inbox\MsgTypes\IPM\SMStext\DLL\

change "mms.dll" to " htmlnote.dll "

2) Threading SMS for Inbox! (As in all PDA with WM 6.1)

HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Inbox\Settings\OEM\SMSInboxThreadingDisabled

change the value "1" to value "0".

Now you have typical Threaded SMS, without MMS disabling! wink.gif

All is tested and OK. cool.gif It`s the way I wanted. :)

Guest silencer22
The simplest solving SMS Threading even with Spb Mobile Shell and full workable MMS. :D

1) Switch off SAMSUNG Thread

Go to registry:

HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Inbox\MsgTypes\IPM\SMStext\DLL\

change "mms.dll" to " htmlnote.dll "

2) Threading SMS for Inbox! (As in all PDA with WM 6.1)

HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Inbox\Settings\OEM\SMSInboxThreadingDisabled

change the value "1" to value "0".

Now you have typical Threaded SMS, without MMS disabling! wink.gif

All is tested and OK. cool.gif It`s the way I wanted. :)

doesnt step 1 replace the samsung composer to the default one? i hav tried that, but it disable mms for the composer, only get around is goin to the picture itself and choose send via message from the menu.

• 2 weeks later...