Moto Phone Portal

Guest pookie1

Guest JamesKing
Hi,

How do you use this over USB with a Hero? Is it possible?

Do you need HTC Sync installed or some other such software?

Cheers,

James

Just re-read the first post. I mis read it first time round. You cannot do this :)

Oh well, no worries B)

jcCn3.jpg

This is a cool little phone manager app that works really well with Hero and G1. It's an app that runs a webserver from your phone that you can access over Wifi from any browser on the same network.

It allows you to:

* view/add media on your phone

* view your call log

* read and send sms from the browser

* and more!

Works with any OS - anything with a browser should work. Only works over wifi with Hero, no USB connection is possible it seems.

I replaced as much Motorola branding as I could and replaced it with HTC stuff to make it a nicer experience for HTC fanboys :)

thank you very much that really is a good little app just like the MPP but much faster

mifran

The program works great! Thank you! :D This is the program I was looking for the past days!

Only the pictures in the homescreen are messed up, could you fix that in an other release ;) ?

woudl be cool if anyone could explain what to do with the file

(i just don't get it it's not working for me)

thanks

Just install the HTCPORTAL.APK on your hero, set up an wireless connection on the device, then type the ip-adress, which is displayed after its connected to the w-lan, on your adressbar on your computer.

Hope this helps and excuse me for my bad english!

;)

woudl be cool if anyone could explain what to do with the file

(i just don't get it it's not working for me)

thanks

download the file unrar it to the root of the sd card get linda file manager from the market and then open lindafile manager and open the htcportal.apk file on the sdcard and select install it will then give you an IP address type this into your computer browser address bar and it will open the program with the home page shown in the first post and my post above

mifran

• 2 weeks later...
Guest DJBenson

Having the slightly obsessive/compulsive condition, I have just spent the last hour going through the HTCPortal.apk file and removing references to Motorola, it should now be 100% HTCPortal on all screens.

If you've not already installed this - the version I've attached has simply had all the web pages cleansed to say HTC rather than "Moto" or "Motorola". If you have already got it, you can install over the top - when you next connect all the pages will be HTC-friendly :D

EDIT: I've had a bash at the logo too :D

HTCPortal.rar

Edited by DJBenson

Guest nicandris
Having the slightly obsessive/compulsive condition, I have just spent the last hour going through the HTCPortal.apk file and removing references to Motorola, it should now be 100% HTCPortal on all screens.

If you've not already installed this - the version I've attached has simply had all the web pages cleansed to say HTC rather than "Moto" or "Motorola". If you have already got it, you can install over the top - when you next connect all the pages will be HTC-friendly :D

EDIT: I've had a bash at the logo too :lol:

Cool!!! i really like it! Excelent app! :D

Guest Funkyfin2000

Cracking work guys this is what I have been waiting for! SMS by keyboard!!! Amazing!!!

Thanks one and all.... it would be VERY good if we could get this going via USB as well. Could anyone try?

EDIT: I've had a bash at the logo too :lol:

Nice one. Thanks for this :D

I can't wait to get home and try this monster of an app out! :lol:

• 2 weeks later...
Guest jeff275
hey guys found another version that supports usb connection but cannot install it on hero. will post it here soooomebody try to fix it <_<

I installed it on my Droid and there is what looks like a placeholder for USB but no connect button. It also wouldn't connect to WiFi. Back to the HTC version for me! Update. Something must've been cached. Once I turned the phone off then on again it worked. But the USB portion was never active.

Edited by jeff275

• 3 months later...
Guest Tonethefone
jcCn3.jpg

This is a cool little phone manager app that works really well with Hero and G1. It's an app that runs a webserver from your phone that you can access over Wifi from any browser on the same network.

It allows you to:

* view/add media on your phone

* view your call log

* read and send sms from the browser

* and more!

Works with any OS - anything with a browser should work. Only works over wifi with Hero, no USB connection is possible it seems.

I replaced as much Motorola branding as I could and replaced it with HTC stuff to make it a nicer experience for HTC fanboys ;)

• 1 month later...
Guest David Morgan
Cracking work guys this is what I have been waiting for! SMS by keyboard!!! Amazing!!!

Thanks one and all.... it would be VERY good if we could get this going via Budget Business IP Phone as well. Could anyone try?

Just found this App, can't wait to try it. :D

Edited by David Morgan