SHOW YOUR DISPLAY!

Guest tacchan23

Guest vishrb
Nothing fancy. Customized WM7 skin. Black background. Lots of free memory.

2c6248ab-3b4b-47ba-8260-2e36e01ee1b.jpg

f7b6eef6-87cc-45f5-94af-97624eeddfa.jpg

I really like this skin. Probably my favorite. I understand there is plenty of information on the subject but if you could give me some pointers on the process it would be appreciated. Specifically to how you went about it. The clean design and quick access are obvioulsy +'s what are some of the downsides if any? My omnia 2 is supposed to be in over the next couple of days. I am pretty excited. I have played around with the touchwiz some and although I like the idea it is kinda slow so an interface like this maybe a great alternative.

Guest dmurac
Nothing fancy. Customized WM7 skin. Black background. Lots of free memory.

2c6248ab-3b4b-47ba-8260-2e36e01ee1b.jpg

How do you go about getting the icons to appear before the wording in condensed view?

Thanks.

Edited by dmurac

Guest Snow02
I really like this skin. Probably my favorite. I understand there is plenty of information on the subject but if you could give me some pointers on the process it would be appreciated. Specifically to how you went about it. The clean design and quick access are obvioulsy +'s what are some of the downsides if any? My omnia 2 is supposed to be in over the next couple of days. I am pretty excited. I have played around with the touchwiz some and although I like the idea it is kinda slow so an interface like this maybe a great alternative.

The learning curve was kinda steep. The issue was customization, since the panels that came with it use resource files for their content. So the issue was working out the code to orient the panels correctly so I could make my own. Are you getting the i-920 or i-8000? If it's the i-920, I can make you an installer to install a replica of what I have, and you can take it from there. If it's the i-8000 my help will be pretty much limited to advice and a copy of my cpr attached here (The two use different .cpr files, so my installer may or may not work for the i-8000). I'm still customizing it pretty much every day. Here's a current screenshot, I changed some icons and made the slider transparent (yeah, I ripped off the background from the last page, and thanks for the status icons as well. Much cleaner now.) and a copy of my .cpr file to look over (dmurac, look this over and if you still have questions about the icons let me know). I'm about to remove the clock icon from the expanded view since it's just there for show and reorient the time.

gchris, You can see what I'm going for with the weather icon in this screenshot. I'd like it larger but it keeps getting cut off at the top or bottom if I try to increase the size. I increased the Height value of the condensed page, to no avail. Any ideas?

a2f07a8e-9be6-44e1-8678-d2031d62ed6.jpg80d4d652-47eb-4847-bd0a-926ac895578.jpg0cac2913-1c39-4875-a6ad-7b017c0795c.jpg

Clock Image Removed. Better I think. I'm not much for form over function...

Question. I've looked everywhere or I wouldn't ask. Can anyone point me in the direction of a util to change the Start Button icon? I can't seem to get a copy of shellres out of the windows directory to edit it...Can't copy files in ROM...blah blah blah.

vvv Welcome

Titanium_480x800_.cpr.txt

Edited by Snow02

Guest vishrb
The learning curve was kinda steep. The issue was customization, since the panels that came with it use resource files for their content. So the issue was working out the code to orient the panels correctly so I could make my own. Are you getting the i-920 or i-8000? If it's the i-920, I can make you an installer to install a replica of what I have, and you can take it from there. If it's the i-8000 my help will be pretty much limited to advice and a copy of my cpr attached here (The two use different .cpr files, so my installer may or may not work for the i-8000). I'm still customizing it pretty much every day. Here's a current screenshot, I changed some icons and made the slider transparent (yeah, I ripped off the background from the last page, and thanks for the status icons as well. Much cleaner now.) and a copy of my .cpr file to look over (dmurac, look this over and if you still have questions about the icons let me know). I'm about to remove the clock icon from the expanded view since it's just there for show and reorient the time.

gchris, You can see what I'm going for with the weather icon in this screenshot. I'd like it larger but it keeps getting cut off at the top or bottom if I try to increase the size. I increased the Height value of the condensed page, to no avail. Any ideas?

a2f07a8e-9be6-44e1-8678-d2031d62ed6.jpg80d4d652-47eb-4847-bd0a-926ac895578.jpg0cac2913-1c39-4875-a6ad-7b017c0795c.jpg

Clock Image Removed. Better I think. I'm not much for form over function...

Question. I've looked everywhere or I wouldn't ask. Can anyone point me in the direction of a util to change the Start Button icon? I can't seem to get a copy of shellres out of the windows directory to edit it...Can't copy files in ROM...blah blah blah.

vvv Welcome

I am getting the i8000 from Bell. Thank you for the tips. I will watch this topic so that I can hit the ground running when she comes in.

Guest gchris7

a2f07a8e-9be6-44e1-8678-d2031d62ed6.jpg

In your cpr you have set the ItemHeight of Condensed panels to 85. This means that the max height you can have on a picture(or anything) in your Condensed panels cannot be more than 85.

<BronzeListView ID="HomeNav" Width="480" Height="696" Columns="1" Rows="10" ItemWidth="480" ItemHeight="85">

In your TitaniumWeatherCondensed lines you have set Height to 100, which is pointless since it cant be more than 85 , although it doesn't make any difference. In your picture lines (CurrentIcon) you have set top to -15 , this isn't a valid value since Condensed panels cannot override other panels. The highest top value you can have is 0 . Also you have set the height of your picture to 200 , again thats not valid since you have ItemHeight="85" and Height="100" . If you want to have a picture with a height of 200 in your Condensed panel you need to set your itemheight to 200 (ofc this will mess up your screen) and panel Height to 200 or more.

<Layer ID="TitaniumWeatherCondensed" Visible="False" Width="480" Height="100" Clip="False">

<Layer ID="Page">

<Image ID="CurrentIcon" Left=250" Top="-15" Width=200" Height="200" ScaleStyle="Fit" Clip="False" />

I hope i helped.

Edited by gchris7

Guest Snow02

Right, that's what I was afraid of. I didn't want to change the visible height of all of the panels. Thanks for the clarification. And btw, setting top to -15 does pull the image up higher than 0.

Guest mdkpnj

As of tomorrow, I'll be new to the i920 (VZW), so I have some noobie questions;

1. Do most titanium edits, taskbars, theme, etc. that work on the i8000 also work on the i920?

2. I saw in a post somewhere that the Omnia 2 uses different names for the titanium cpr files. How does that affect titanim wvga themes? Do you have to rename, manully edit? I assume you cannot just install the cab for the theme?

3. I noticed that no one in this thread uses a Titanium Neo theme? Is there one available for wvga?

Thank you. Looking forward to my O2 arrving....

Guest Snow02
As of tomorrow, I'll be new to the i920 (VZW), so I have some noobie questions;

1. Do most titanium edits, taskbars, theme, etc. that work on the i8000 also work on the i920?

2. I saw in a post somewhere that the Omnia 2 uses different names for the titanium cpr files. How does that affect titanim wvga themes? Do you have to rename, manully edit? I assume you cannot just install the cab for the theme?

3. I noticed that no one in this thread uses a Titanium Neo theme? Is there one available for wvga?

Thank you. Looking forward to my O2 arrving....

1. Pretty much, yes. Panel plugins, maybe not. See #2.

2. From the way I understand it, the i-8000 uses SPlugins cpr for the today screen. My i-920 uses the Titanium cpr. I installed a cab for my WM7 theme, and then had to edit from there to get it set up the way I wanted. The plugin panels (IE favorites, contacts, notifications, etc.) worked fine. But the program and application panels ("non-plugin" panels) had mostly dead links since they were made for an htc device. So I made my own panels and modified icons.

3. No clue. Haven't looked into it.

Guest superdarkyaya
what happen if you add them?

Absolutly nothing !!!! the cas turn in blue and nothing else !! I can't add an application...

Can you share your cab of Cmanila please ? May be, i've a wrong version ?

You're great! Here is mine. SPB Mobile Shell 3.5 + V4.5 skins. I hate WM status bar, that's why I removed it anyhow.

post-612653-1263371224_thumb.png

seedlings as the icons of the bar low

Edited by _RM_

Guest alvinkh
You're great! Here is mine. SPB Mobile Shell 3.5 + V4.5 skins. I hate WM status bar, that's why I removed it anyhow.

post-612653-1263371224_thumb.png

hmm bro. how u make out that screen?

Guest yeapsc73
I'll start posting my current settings:

SPB mobile shell 3.5 + MH-Widgedts + MSkip ProPlus Ultimate Elegance + iPhone style icons

screen02j.pngscreen04na.png

screen06pu.pngscreen08u.png

how to show the icons next to the start button on the top left corner of the screen so that you can switch and close application easily?