21/Dec 1.91 - Teknologist kernel with tun.ko, ext4, cifs, and compache ramzswap for GSM Hero

Guest teknologist

Do I still need the performance patch 1.9 with 1.91?

Ok, something is wrong. I wiped everything on my phone, back to factory settings, installed MCR 3.0 and 1.91 ... and again boot loop.

Edited by Phanes

Guest teknologist
I´ve installed the v1.91. Works very fine with 128MB, but I can´t set frequencies with SetCPU 1.4.2, it´s always at 528MHz by default in all governors.

1.91 still has perflocks enabled and thus won't be working with setCPU.

Maybe I will release a no-perflock kernel after Xmas...

Guest teknologist

Ok, something is wrong. I wiped everything on my phone, back to factory settings, installed MCR 3.0 and 1.91 ... and again boot loop.

You may have an issue with something on your phone...so far you are the only one reporting those boot loops.

I just repackaged and released 1.91 for generics and tested it like this:

-Wiped phone

-installed .66 generic rom

-reboot

-installed 1.9 for generics

-reboot

-installed 1.91

-reboot

everything worked flawlessly !

Edited by teknologist

Guest teknologist
I´ve installed the v1.91. Works very fine with 128MB, but I can´t set frequencies with SetCPU 1.4.2, it´s always at 528MHz by default in all governors.

One last thing, as long as the phone is connected to usb cable, as it is powered, it will stick to 528Mhz...

to see it go to 246Mhz you need to unplug it and turn off the screen....Makes sense right ? ;-)

Guest teknologist

No you don't ! Please read the changelog , it is clearly stated that this kernel uses performance cpu governor as default now !

I just repackaged and released 1.91 for generics and tested it like this:

everything worked flawlessly !

I just installed it to my Generic .66 also and everything went fine and working perfectly! ;)

Guest teknologist
I just installed it to my Generic .66 also and everything went fine and working perfectly! ;)

Well, glad it works.

I removed it earlier today because Phanes got me scared...but it's basically the same that was uploaded earlier..no changes.

Edited by teknologist

Guest Carl_Brummy

Hi, tried to put 1.91 on the hero, and it got stuck in a permanent boot cycle. Pulled battery, tried to boot again, no luck, so did a nandroid restore, which errored (ext4 issue), but the phone is now booting ok again. Not sure what is happening? Trying to get 1.5.2 of Amon Ra to get over the issues with ext/nandroid backup errors, but too many downloaders on the server.

Any idea what is happening here? I am back to MCR3.0, teknologist 1.9 and Amon Ra recover 1.5.1 (until I can get the update). This is the very first time I have had to recover from a failed update.

Cheers.

@ teknologist

Could it be a wipe issue? I was thinking about the installation and reinstallation and I was wondering why I even stucked in the boot loop after flashing to the new RA image AND a fresh installation of MCR 3.0.

Guest teknologist
Please excuse my ignorance. How do I tell that ramzswap is working/used? df? ps?

./adb shell cat /proc/ramzswap

or cat /proc/ramzswap using and android terminal (like BetterTerminal)

Guest teknologist
Hi, tried to put 1.91 on the hero, and it got stuck in a permanent boot cycle. Pulled battery, tried to boot again, no luck, so did a nandroid restore, which errored (ext4 issue), but the phone is now booting ok again. Not sure what is happening? Trying to get 1.5.2 of Amon Ra to get over the issues with ext/nandroid backup errors, but too many downloaders on the server.

Any idea what is happening here? I am back to MCR3.0, teknologist 1.9 and Amon Ra recover 1.5.1 (until I can get the update). This is the very first time I have had to recover from a failed update.

Cheers.

AmonRA 1.5.2 doesn't fix the fact that it simply doesn't support ext4 (only ext4-dev)

Kendon has been answering this already all over this forums.

As per your boot loop...dunno...

2 cases out of 118 downloads so far...

[EDIT] 2 cases out of 298 downloads so far...

Maybe removing the battery f*cks up something... As I don't don't know why it reboot cycles... :-(

You have the exact same setup I have except I use ext2 for the sdcard A2SD partition because I wanted to use AmonRA's excellent nand+ext new feature!

Anyway, the thing I really don't understand with Phanes and your problems is how come you are unable to Nandroid restore ???

Even if you can't restore sdcard ext partition it should ALWAYS restore the ROM area fine.

I do nandroid backup/restores all the time ! (think about it , with the amount of testing I do everytime) Never had a single glitch.

This afternoon I wiped the phone and installed Generic .66, updated with 1.91 for generics and succesfully nandroid restore back to my MCR 3.0 + 1.91 kernel without any problems...

I am starting to think more and more, you guys might have some serious issues with your sdcards...

Sorry I can't be of more help ! :-(

Edited by teknologist

Guest teknologist

Cheers.

Have you tried redownloading the file from my website and reapplying ?

Anyway, with ext4 you should do nandroid backup only (no nand+ext)

It should restore properly

Solved it, 1.91 is also working under RA 1.5.2

Gone back to RA 1.3.2 installed 1.91 and flashed back RA 1.5.2

Up and running ...

Not all to bad for a total noob ;) ...

Edited by Phanes

Guest teknologist
Solved it, 1.91 is also working under RA 1.5.2

Gone back to RA 1.3.2 installed 1.91 and flashed back RA 1.5.2

Up and running ...

Not all to bad for a total noob :) ...

Cool! Glad you sorted out the problem.

Have updated the website to notify people to avoid updating RA-Hero 1.5.1

Guest phpdecoders

It seems that i have a problem with MCR3.0 & teknologist 1.91. If I have MyBackup PRO running, the phone will not sleep its just 100% awake.. But if i kill MyBackup PRO there is no problems, and i don't use it schedule function in the app. Any one there has the same problem?

Guest teknologist
It seems that i have a problem with MCR3.0 & teknologist 1.91. If I have MyBackup PRO running, the phone will not sleep its just 100% awake.. But if i kill MyBackup PRO there is no problems, and i don't use it schedule function in the app. Any one there has the same problem?

I use Sprite Backup and find it superior to MyBackup Pro.

What if you just turn off the screen by pressing power ?

Guest phpdecoders
What if you just turn off the screen by pressing power ?

That is that I do, and that is not working. Only if I kill the MyBackup Pro app, then it will sleep when i press the power button.

I will look at Sprite Backup :)

Guest teknologist
That is that I do, and that is not working. Only if I kill the MyBackup Pro app, then it will sleep when i press the power button.

I will look at Sprite Backup :)

Weird, Then I would say you should ditch MyBackup Pro ! ;-)

No way I am keeping an app on my Hero that blocks it from sleeping !