Screen protectors

Guest GB-UK

as they say each to their own :)

i still have the protector film it originally came with and i think mine is very responsive still hopefully the zagg shield wont be too different

would be good to see how well the full body protector works, anyone ordered yet? Then we wouldn't need the sleeve at all. I did originally when it was still "Coming soon" but cancelled after a month of waiting and emailing them....

Guest helikopter
I've sort of given up on the whole screen protector thing. The screen is made of glass so it should be ok provided you don't abuse it. I figure that even if my screen does scratch, by the time it is scratched enough to actually become an issue, i'll probably be ready get another phone anyway. 

BTW, Does ANYONE on this forum actually have scratches on their screen?

my screen doesn't have any scratches yet, but that's only because i consider myself as being lucky. i just like to put my phone into my pocket without a pouch so i'm glad it still seems to be a virgin.

however, i'm pretty sure that the pulse's screen is not made of glass but plastic. glass screens are only for higher end devices like the iphone, hero or milestone.

i ordered only the screen protector, as i don't care if the housing gets scratchy. i only care about usability, and a screen with scratches is definitely ruining the experience.

Guest le_lutin
my screen doesn't have any scratches yet, but that's only because i consider myself as being lucky. i just like to put my phone into my pocket without a pouch so i'm glad it still seems to be a virgin.

however, i'm pretty sure that the pulse's screen is not made of glass but plastic. glass screens are only for higher end devices like the iphone, hero or milestone.

i ordered only the screen protector, as i don't care if the housing gets scratchy. i only care about usability, and a screen with scratches is definitely ruining the experience.

I'm 99.9% sure that the screen is made of glass. I still don't know of anyone that's scratched their screen. I don't think it's just luck.

Guest Shuflie
I'm 99.9% sure that the screen is made of glass. I still don't know of anyone that's scratched their screen. I don't think it's just luck.

I'm 100% sure its glass, I deliberately tried to scratch it with a Needle (as I reported on the how to make the screen more responsive thread) and didn't make any impression at all, I don't know of any plastic with those sort of properties.

Guest robot1000
I'm 100% sure its glass, I deliberately tried to scratch it with a Needle (as I reported on the how to make the screen more responsive thread) and didn't make any impression at all, I don't know of any plastic with those sort of properties.

Taken from the Trusted Review site

In particular, we're really glad to see a tough smooth touchscreen that integrates seamlessly with the rest of the phone's fascia. Sadly it's plastic making it more scratch prone than glass fronted rivals (of which there are few, it must be noted).

Surely a reputable review site wouldn't make a mistake like that.

Guest Shuflie
Taken from the Trusted Review site

Surely a reputable review site wouldn't make a mistake like that.

You mean the same reputable site that has on the features table of the same review that it is a resistive hard plastic screen? From the video review it also appears that they have the screen protector still applied, look at the area around the call end button when its held at an angle. If they didn't take off a plastic screen protector how do you imagine they would have discovered it was actually glass? By calling the same T-mobile rep that confirmed to Ed (the author of the review) that the screen was resistive? I'm pretty sure that the original review text has been changed to actually say that it is a capacitive screen, but only after it became very clear from customer experience that it was. Now tell me again, why should I believe TR over the evidence of my own eyes and testing?

Guest le_lutin

You beat me to it Shufflie: 

Check out the comments section of the trustedreviews' review of the Pulse: 

http://www.trustedreviews.com/mobile-phone...tphone/comments

Whoever did the review definitely said the screen was resistive (which it isn't), so I'm not sure i'm gonna trust them when they say the screen is plastic (which i don't believe it is).

Guest helikopter

did you really try to scratch the screen with a needle intentionally? and you didn't succeed? that would be great news.

Guest chris9181
i ordered yesterday, hasnt despatched yet but its coming by 1st class so hopefully by monday or tuesday

Did you get it? Would be interested to hear what it is like please.

Cheers

Chris

first of all sorry cos i forgot to reply to this, but yes i did get it on tuesday

i like the texture and look of the shield, havent really noticed much if any difference in the sensitivity of the screen compared to having the original protector the phone came with so thats also a plus.

The whole shield doesnt cover the entire phone though, the whole of the side of the phone (not including the back cover as the whole of that is protected) is not protected)

now to the bad parts :) i forgot to take pictures and now i dont have access to the camera for a while as my bro is using it so i cant show you how mine looks :) also the application solution sponge thing it comes with is really annoying tbh (would have prefered the spray bottle but for some reason they changed them for the sponge), little tiny bits of it come off when applying the solution onto the shield (which i didnt notice until i turned the phone on with a white background) so i had to re-apply it which didnt go too well :) although after a few days now it does seem to look a lot better. I also managed to get little scratches on the screen shield but it isnt noticeable when the screen is turned on and with the lifetime warrantee i could get it changed whenever i want i suppose

applying the whole shield does get quite fustrating but i am quite happy with the end result and it also means i dont have to use the annoying pouch anymore :)

overall i would say it wouldnt really be worth the £15 plus p and p really (however i used a 20% voucher aswell as 20% quidco so it only cost me about £10-11 including p and p in the end so i am happy with that)

didnt really want to type a lot lol but it's turned out to be quite long :) anymore questions feel free to ask.

I bought some generic skins last year from here: http://www.bestskinsever.com/servlet/the-D...kins/Categories

Was thinking of cutting my own but was waiting to see if the sides would be protected with the invisi shield one. They had an offer last year 3 skins for the price of 2 so it worked out a lot less for me then.... Might attempt it in the next few days.