Battery life on Pulse

Guest GB-UK

Guest kristijan_mk

battery has the stated capacity. Huawei is not some third rate company to lie about that. Anyway, how much power phone actually uses is completely different topic... And don't forget the screen which is larger than HTC screens.

@jlgmax

Check the running processes, check the apps that synchronize over internet. Check the battery history info.

Although if everithing is off, you will probably need to replace the battery

Guest campdave

Only had two charges on my pulse so far, so the battery life seems somewhat erratic - seems to hold it's charge decently at low levels (under 30% capactity), but runs down more quickly than I'd expect at higher levels.

Is it better to let the battery fully discharge before recharging, or is it OK to top it up throughout the day (thinking more of now at the start of the battery's life)

I don't know if it has anything to do with it, but when you recharge it seems to jump up to ~50% very fast, then crawl the rest of the way. Maybe the phone isn't good with actually recognising the available charge in the battery?

1500mAh battery where only 750mAh was used would explain much.

Check out the thread/wiki re special codes, the first menu gives you lots of battery diagnostics, telling you which application was running most when battery was used etc etc. May be of help if you can decypher it all!

• 4 months later...
Guest liksur
I must admit I find the battery life to be the main flaw with the pulse. I can cope with the sh*tty camera, and the occasionally unresponsive screen, but the battery life issue is making me consider selling the phone.

I am locked to 2g, have background data off, auto synchronisation off, wifi off, bluetooth off, GPS off, and yesterday I made about 20 mins of calls and my phone battery died at 9pm having been unplugged from the mains charger at 7.30am !!

The problem for me is, there is little point in having so many features on my phone if the battery isn't sufficiently powerful to support them. The rating states 1500mAh - surely they could fit a more powerful battery into that space ? Perhaps more powerful 3rd party batteries may appear on Ebay in future - although Pulse related items seem to be rather scarce at the moment...

I'm having exactly the same problem, everything is turned off, unplugged from the charger at 8.30 am by the end of the day is deaaaad, checked the processes, checked the used applications, no more than 20 minutes of active use of the phone, don't know what to do.

Guest gusthy
I'm having exactly the same problem, everything is turned off, unplugged from the charger at 8.30 am by the end of the day is deaaaad, checked the processes, checked the used applications, no more than 20 minutes of active use of the phone, don't know what to do.

The most battery-consuming is the background data synchronisation. It eats almost half the battery.

If it is not the case, go back to T-Mob and complain...

Guest AndyTaylor

Are you all running the 2.1 update?

For all it's flaws, battery life is vastly improved. I used to get about a day, with 2G on, everything else off, and screen on medium-low brightness. Now, I have 3G on, screen on highest brightness, and a lot of web browsing, application use and such, and it lasts me at least a day an a half.

Guest le_lutin
Are you all running the 2.1 update?

For all it's flaws, battery life is vastly improved. I used to get about a day, with 2G on, everything else off, and screen on medium-low brightness. Now, I have 3G on, screen on highest brightness, and a lot of web browsing, application use and such, and it lasts me at least a day an a half.

Got to agree. 2.1 seems better on battery - even with the reboots!

Guest ajl8466

Same problems previously - sounds stupid but check you have not changed any screen settings. This can be a real battery killer especially if it is set it to not turn off.

I had similar symptoms after using a GPS Sat Nav app which kept the screen on - battery life dead in sub 4 hours.