TouchFlo3D

Guest Chainfire

Guest larrywww

hi, thanks a lot for your great work. Now i have touchflo on my i8000.

However, for the contacts, alarm and calendar, Touchflo links to windows programs. They are much worse than Samsung's software.

Can you please link them to samsung software?

Guest tom131274
hi, thanks a lot for your great work. Now i have touchflo on my i8000.

However, for the contacts, alarm and calendar, Touchflo links to windows programs. They are much worse than Samsung's software.

Can you please link them to samsung software?

look to my post 157 .I have post a cab to open the clock Button with Samsung tclock

Guest da_mafkeez

chainfire, just thinking out of the box. maybe its an idea to talk with the developers of xda who made the port of touchflo 3d 2.5 on VGA devices.

Edited by da_mafkeez

Guest weikeong

This is really good stuff. Some problems though.

1. music tab crashes when I try to scroll to other albums or try to play a music

2. Photos are not saved to an appropriate folder. So photo tab doesn't show any photos

Really hope someone can solve all these... touchwiz is really SLOW.

Guest alvinkh
look to my post 157 .I have post a cab to open the clock Button with Samsung tclock

@tom131274, if i only want the tabs, can i just install the complete tab without the dusk theme?

EDIT: ok installed the complete tab. it's nice.. thanks for the tabs tom131274

EDIT2: tom131274, got a question.. after installing the complete tab.. is it still possible to customize the arrangement of the tabs? my customize under tf3d settings seems to be missing

Edited by alvinkh

Guest alvinkh
.net compact framework 3.5

http://www.touchxperience.com/en/advanced-.../downloads.html

Advance Config -> Menu (right softkey) -> more settings -> touchflo 3D

@MaliciousKen got a question to ask... how about those tabs that are been uncheck from the customize tab previously? those that are uncheck don't seems to be appearing even after i change the tab location

Guest MaliciousKen
@MaliciousKen got a question to ask... how about those tabs that are been uncheck from the customize tab previously? those that are uncheck don't seems to be appearing even after i change the tab location

It's only those that were checked should appear?

Anyway, for the 15 tabs addon, I haven't found any way to change their positions or to disable one/two of the three additional tabs. The additional tabs can only be disabled all at the same time.

If anybody found any workaround ... please update us. Thanks.

Guest alvinkh
It's only those that were checked should appear?

Anyway, for the 15 tabs addon, I haven't found any way to change their positions or to disable one/two of the three additional tabs. The additional tabs can only be disabled all at the same time.

If anybody found any workaround ... please update us. Thanks.

yup only those that are ticked before the installation of the 15 tabs appear.. those unticked seems to be disappeared forever..

yup do update us on what we can do to it

chainfire, just thinking out of the box. maybe its an idea to talk with the developers of xda who made the port of touchflo 3d 2.5 on VGA devices.

There have been several threads on XDA-developers on developing for non-HTC devices. For the moment, the cooks there are mostly against this idea. So, I wouldn't expect much help coming from there even if Chainfire is a respected member of XDA-developers.

yup only those that are ticked before the installation of the 15 tabs appear.. those unticked seems to be disappeared forever..

yup do update us on what we can do to it

PLEASE SEARCH WHEN YOU USE CABS THAT ARE MADE BY OTHERS.

Editing TF3D Theme Tutorial

Part 1 - Setting the Tab Orders

The easy way is to use the Customize Tabs option in Settings. However, if you have a 15tabs theme and have this option removed, then you may want to edit it directly from the file itself. The file that holds this setting is in 26948339_manila. You can find this file in \windows. Copy it to your desktop and create a backup. You can edit this file directly by opening with notepad. ( Right click, open with and then select notepad ).

If you are familiar with HTCHomeSetting.xml with M2D, you are very much at home here. For this first part of the tutorial, I will only talk about the tabs.

[code]<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-16"?>
<Manila Mode9Path="HTC\manila.mode9">
<PreloadImage Path="HTC\Assets\Images\Common\dottedline.qtc" />
<PreloadImage Path="HTC\Assets\Images\Common\transparent.qtc" />
<PreloadImage Path="HTC\Assets\Images\Common\alpha-hitbox.qtc" />
<Navigation>
<PageGroup Name="Root">

<Page Order="0" Name="home.page" PackageName="HTC" Default="true" Title="[[IDS_HOMETITLE]]">
<ComponentReference Name="page" Mode9Path="HTC\FakeHome.mode9?testParam=1" Component="GizmoRoot" SmartComponent="true" />
<ComponentReference Name="icon_normal" Mode9Path="HTC\icons.mode9" Component="Home_Off" />
<ComponentReference Name="icon_selected" Mode9Path="HTC\icons.mode9" Component="Home_On" />
<ComponentReference Name="icon_preview" Mode9Path="HTC\icons.mode9" Component="Home_Preview" />
</Page>
<Page Order="1" Name="people.page" PackageName="HTC" Title="[[IDS_FAVORITEPEOPLETITLE]]">
<ComponentReference Name="page" Mode9Path="HTC\people.mode9" Component="GizmoRoot" SmartComponent="true" />
<ComponentReference Name="icon_normal" Mode9Path="HTC\icons.mode9" Component="People_Off" />
<ComponentReference Name="icon_selected" Mode9Path="HTC\icons.mode9" Component="People_On" />
<ComponentReference Name="icon_preview" Mode9Path="HTC\icons.mode9" Component="People_Preview" />
</Page>

To change the order of the tabs, simply re-number the Page Order = "x". 0 is the first tab. For eg, you can change the program tabs to 0 and it will become your front page by default.

To remove a tab, simply delete the portion from <Page Order = to </Page>. Then re-number the tab order accordingly. Since this could cause your TF3D not to load properly, always create a backup just in case if you messed it up badly. :)

OR....you can use Diamond TF3D Config program to try and re-order/remove/add tabs.

---------------------------------

Part 2 - Changing the Operator Text on top right corner

To do this, you will need the M9Editor which you can download from XDA. Follow the instructions below.

1. Look for 1c684cd8_manila in your mobile \windows directory.

2. Copy it to a place where you can edit and create a BACKUP (always).

3. Open the file with M9Editor. Do a search for "My Touch HD".

tut06.jpg

4. Click on the text and replace the text to whatever text that you want at the bottom bar.

5. Remember to click "OK". Then save the file.

6. Copy back to the mobile \windows directory. You may need to turn off TF3D to do that or you can use other software like total commander or resco explorer.

7. That's it. Unfortunately, this is the only way to change the text until I find a fix for it. :D

p/s - I'm using M9Editor ver. 2.2.0.2

Part 3 - Changing the FlipClock Digits

Look for the 4 files below. They are the graphic files for your numbers display on flipclock. Unfortunately, the digits are not seperated as in M2D but clustered in groups of 3, otherwise, I could do lots of wonders wt this.

a. 1c813f6c_manila ( 012 )

b. 0aa5b915_manila ( 345 )

c. 78ca32be_manila ( 678 )

d. 757e7332_manila ( 9 )

Before we start, let's make sure we have these things on your PC.

1. Manila Editor - can be downloaded from here

2. Graphic Editor - like Photoshop ( sorry, you have to get your own :D )

3. The above 4 files copied from your mobile to PC in one the same folder.

Let's start...

1. Open up Manila Editor.

tut01.jpg

You should see that it's blank. Press the "Select Path"

2. You can now access the to the folder location of where you put your manila files.

tut02.jpg

Select the folder and press OK.

3. Manila Editor will read the manila files and display the graphics on the right pane.

tut03.jpg

You can scroll up/down to look at all the graphics.

4. Next step is to convert the manila files (QTC format) to PNG format where you can edit with your graphics editor. To do that, press the "Save" button underneath the graphics pane. Then, save it and you should be able to see a png file created on the location that you'd selected.

tut04.jpg

5. Use your Graphics editor to modify or completely change the entire graphics. Make sure that you retain the same resolution of the graphics or this may screw up your file.

6. After you finished, you have to put it back to the QTC format. Click the "Replace" button on underneat the graphics pane.

tut05.jpg

Select the png file that you had created. The QTC file will automatically be saved and updated. A backup copy of your old manila files will be created on the backup folder. This folder will only keep the backup of your previous edit. So, make sure that you always keep a backup copy of the original.

That's it. Not so difficult after all. :D

Part 4 - Changing the FlipClock Background

Thankfully there are only 2 files associated wt this. However, the file has a combination of tab, notification and alarm icons in it.

a. 4e670504_manila ( TabStack and AM/PM ) ....None flipping

b. 1bbfdc9b_manila ( TabSingle and Notification ) ....Flipping

Follow the steps as in Part 3.

If you want to keep the original white icons, make sure that you seperate the tabs graphic and edit on it and then later patch it back. This is exactly what happened to my white on black flipclock graphics where I also accidentally turn the icons to black as well.

oh yes, this is quoted from the max complete customizable tf3d themes for touch hd

Edited by Kel-

Guest kaizer hanz
btw, the ACER Neotouch S200 also got Manila 2.5. it is a non-htc brand phone.

may be we can leverage their package to use on our i8000.

see the link for details.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=582986

you right mr.michael, I think someday manila 2.5 can run on our omnia i8000 (I Hope :) )

*sorry for my bad english*

Guest alvinkh
PLEASE SEARCH WHEN YOU USE CABS THAT ARE MADE BY OTHERS.

oh yes, this is quoted from the max complete customizable tf3d themes for touch hd

found another way to enable those unticked.. which is change the value from hkey_local_machine > software > htc > manila > configuration

those 0 - 10 folders are the tabs settings.. replace the enable from 0 to 1 for those tabs u wan it to appear..

after that off and on tf3d from settings > today

that will somehow let the tabs resurface..

not too sure how good it will works for the rest but it works for me

Guest tom131274

Hello,

so i have finaly make a cab to open the clock tab with Samsung clock, Calendar with Samsung Calendar and Comm Manager with Samsung Comm Manager.

I hope you like it !!!

First Instal the 1. tom33 system setting.cab /Soft Reset

and last 2. tom33 Samsung Finish.cab

Samsung_Programs.rar

Edited by tom131274

Guest Martijn80
Hello,

so i have finaly make a cab to open the clock tab with Samsung clock, Calendar with Samsung Calendar and Comm Manager with Samsung Comm Manager.

I hope you like it !!!

Samsung_Programs.rar

Thanks, I was looking for this :) .

Hello,

I hope you like it !!!

Samsung_Programs.rar

wat about Music tab.. is there anyway we can link it to Samsung Player?

Guest jonggie112

could anyone who had edited their touchflo 3d with white background digits for the clock just post their cab? thank you in advance. such a noob in editing

Guest alvinkh
Hello,

I hope you like it !!!

Samsung_Programs.rar

thanks tom.. nice work!

Guest Calan Boo
Good idea

I look at something I can do

Thanks for the clock and calender fix, works great. While you're looking at stuff, maybe linking "All people" under People to the samsung phonebook? :)

Btw, anyone got the youtube player working?

hey, was considering between diamond 2 and omnia2 and this thread is making me extremely excited. (:

has the bugs in the media player been fixed? how is the touchflo on omnia diff from the actual htc one?