NPS v1.4.0.IK1 come out from samsung website

Guest AndrewTan
Wow! 2 O2's.....

......anyways something is dead wrong with Samsung,i dunno but its kinda being so slow with everything......

cheers

No lah, I not that rich, I just help my friend buying it :) Tonight already pass over to him.

Guest silencer22

nps n kies stilll do not support firmware upgrade for samsung omnia 2

dun bother to try

actually the model supported is stated on the samsungmobile site

nps still works well as a pc suite for omnia 2 thou

Guest yoyoyoyoyoyoyo

when i was updating my firmware.. it keep popup sumthing like "insufficient memory, pls chg a file location" what the hell should i do?! i m almost getting mad of this.. pls HELP!

Guest dr_sami

I contated samsung singapore website and they said I can upgrade to wm6.5 from their website provided my omnia2 is bought from singapore...

but I already upgraded manually using secany's .. so my phone is not supported anymore..

I assume if we can get it to its original singapore rom we could update as people has already updated from the web site..

Any available rom which works..

For people who upgraded offically , please what is the version.. and if they can extract the rom for us

Thanks

Guest lifemaximum

I just connect my phone to the NPS and it notified me there is update for it , I am updating now , I am in Malaysia right now so other Malaysians can try ...

Guest lifemaximum

I just connect my phone to the NPS and it notified me there is update for it , I am updating now , I am in Malaysia right now so other Malaysians can try ...

Guest dr_sami

So, please till us what is the new veriosn you got and what was the old version and csc code you had

Guest lifemaximum
So, please till us what is the new veriosn you got and what was the old version and csc code you had

I couldn't upgrade I got an error midway

My current version of firmware , which is what i bought the phone with is :

PDA: I8000XXIG6

CSC:I8000FAMIG6

Phone:I8000DXIG6

Update version that i get as is shown in NPS update screen is:

I8000NXXIJ9

I8000XSOIJ2

I8000DXIJ1

I8000XSOIJ2

however after backing up and being done with downloading and unzipping the file , it turns of my device and suddenly i get the error NPSWBinary Upgrade error with a send an error report to Samsung and Microsoft , than it stops the upgrade process

Tried it two times , don't know what exactly happen , anybody knows why i got the NPSWBinary Upgrade Error ??!!

Edited by lifemaximum

So nice to find a forum just for my new phone the omnia II, anyway after reading through the FAQ and several of the other very imformative and helpfull posts on this forum i find my self in a position to make my first post.

this topic seems to be talking about a new official firmware that hopefully will be released soon, so in preperation for that i downloaded the nps version 1.4.0.IK1 from the link in this very thread but when i run it i get .

noupdate.jpg

now im assumeing that this is just due to the fact that any new firmware hasnt been released yet as apposed to me doing anything wrong...lol.

currant installed firmwares are.

PDA... I8000NXXII9

CSC... I8000XEUII9

PHONE I8000XXII6

with any luck a lot of the little niggles that the phone has will be sorted out with a official release from samsung soon.

Guest tacchan23

It depends mostly on where you bought your phone from... just few countries have the update available online. (Netherland for sure and now Singapore too it seems)

Guest lifemaximum

That is my NPS update screen , but as aformentioned the file NPSWBinaryupgrade.exe keeps crashing after the download is completed , and yes i am downloading using the latest NPS 1.4

post-604501-1258437554_thumb.jpg

Guest lysiong
That is my NPS update screen , but as aformentioned the file NPSWBinaryupgrade.exe keeps crashing after the download is completed , and yes i am downloading using the latest NPS 1.4

May I know which country you select for the NPS?

Guest lysiong
No I bought it from Malaysia ,from a Samsung Shop under FMG.

mines is Singapore set but previously already update to J9 rom(secany). Now I keep on downgrade the rom to see wether I'm eligible to update through the NPS.

Guest MaliciousKen
mines is Singapore set but previously already update to J9 rom(secany). Now I keep on downgrade the rom to see wether I'm eligible to update through the NPS.

Hmmm.. pls post the result... i might want to downgrade to J6 or J1 and then try to update to the official Singapore J9

Guest lysiong
Hmmm.. pls post the result... i might want to downgrade to J6 or J1 and then try to update to the official Singapore J9

Will let you know once I successful :), I think most important is the CSC file. I still seaching for the i8000FAMIG6 csc file. If I can get it, I think I should be able to update through NPS as most people that successfully update through NPS is using that file(orig from SGP if not mistaken)

Edited by lysiong

It depends mostly on where you bought your phone from... just few countries have the update available online. (Netherland for sure and now Singapore too it seems)

Ah I see, so here in the United Kingdom we will proberbly have to wait a couple of months to catch up.

Guest vitozappa

Living in Belgium I bought my phone in Singapore, i downloaded NPS 1.4 it works and recognizes my phone. i choose singapore as country. When I try to update it says "failed to connect to server, update can no proceed"

ok I removed NPS again, then I installed it again, but this time I choose Malaysia and guess what it worked! I got the alarm that the download was available and so I did. In 30 minutes the download was a fact, (high speed cable) version is PDA XXIJ9, CSC XSOIJ, phone DXIJ1. it took me much longer to configurate the phone and language again though, even though I had a back-up which I re-installed

the first time i tried to update, i did it on my XP machine, no luck

the second time i did in on my laptop with vista

i don't know if that has anything to do with it

it doesn't seem slower, just a little bit faster, to me the touch screen seems a bit more sensitive

Edited by vitozappa