Apps missing from marketplace

Guest AndyCr15

Guest justbabu
After 3.0 even the apps I had downloaded before (eg: AppManager, Maps etc) are missing.

I tried re-flashing, wiping and flashing again, changing radios but nothing works. :D

D

You may need to do another reboot.

Guest dwattsy21

I still cant find an app on the market called Wiggle, which lets you change settings determined by which wireless networks are in range (saved the battery loads). Would love to know why it doesnt appear in market any more

Guest GodsDevil

Apps missing from market for me(ones I know of):

Google Maps

AppManager

eBuddy

Faceboook (latest version is missing. Older version is available)

FxCamera

Spare Parts

Voice Search

Anyone has any ideas whats causing this???

D

Guest GodsDevil

Google Maps, Facebook, voice search and much more missing from market even now :D

Don't understand what can cause this as we all are using the same ROM and Kernel.

Guest stevenz
Google Maps, Facebook, voice search and much more missing from market even now :D

Don't understand what can cause this as we all are using the same ROM and Kernel.

I've got Facebook, but no Google maps, Twidroid, or almost anything from the 2nd Android developer comtest.

Twidroid _was_ in my library a week or so back, has been missing for at least the last 4-5 days though. Odd.

Tried setting my provider to T-Mobile and Telus, made no difference, but I'll leave it set to Telus overnight and see if things magically appear.

Edited by stevenz

Guest rico2k_uk
I've got Facebook, but no Google maps, Twidroid, or almost anything from the 2nd Android developer comtest.

Twidroid _was_ in my library a week or so back, has been missing for at least the last 4-5 days though. Odd.

Tried setting my provider to T-Mobile and Telus, made no difference, but I'll leave it set to Telus overnight and see if things magically appear.

I'm in the same boat. No twidroid - which is really annoying as it pops up saying there is an update!

Faceboook (latest version is missing. Older version is available)

I don't think the latest version was ever on the market, it was extracted from a ROM included with one of the newer Android handsets IIRC.

Are you sure you didn't install it yourself?

Guest GodsDevil

aTrackdog shows a newer version available in the market and till date it has been pretty accurate as per my observation.

Nevertheless, Maps, Twidroid etc still missing :D

Anyone has any solutions for this???

D

Guest keyra74

finally had an answer for appmanager, it's just they did 2 versions now

one for 1.5 that i could install from market and the one i couldn't see, only for 1.6 and more

Guest rob_turner_uk
aTrackdog shows a newer version available in the market and till date it has been pretty accurate as per my observation.

Nevertheless, Maps, Twidroid etc still missing :D

Anyone has any solutions for this???

D

Same here. I paid for Twidroid Pro and now cannot find it in the market. I'm going to create a temp google account to see if its a problem with my google account

Can confirm that "pinas" instructions (earlier in this thread) worked well for me using Modaco 2.9 Custom ROM (with latest technologist). I followed his instructions and can now see "for pay" apps not available before

Guest rob_turner_uk
Can confirm that "pinas" instructions (earlier in this thread) worked well for me using Modaco 2.9 Custom ROM (with latest technologist). I followed his instructions and can now see "for pay" apps not available before

Could you not see apps because of you location or because you used a custom rom (mainly running android 2.x)and were then unable to see protected / paid for apps in the market?

Could you not see apps because of you location or because you used a custom rom (mainly running android 2.x)and were then unable to see protected / paid for apps in the market?

Pretty sure I had a malfuctioning marketenabler app. I'm now succesfully mimic. T-mobile.

Guest stevenz

Looks like at least one of the problems with missing apps is caused by people testing Eclair ROMs - some people over at xda are losing apps (mostly paid ones) from the market after reverting to a 1.5 ROM after trying out one of the 2.0/2.1 builds. As I've tried out one of the 2.0's, I suspect this might be my problem. I might have to do a complete device-wipe & reflash and see if that helps versus restoring from Nandroid.

Any of the devs got any ideas if going from 2.x back to 1.5 might be the cause of this?

Guest Igniztion

I can't see why going back from 2.x to 1.5 should prevent you from seeing apps, unless something is stored on your Google Account which prevents it. And in that case it probably won't help with a full wipe and reflash.

I thought the issue with missing apps was mainly based on values in build.prop, but you never know what is happening under the hood @ Google.

Guest GodsDevil

I too believe it is a build.prop issue.

I 'never' flashed 2.1(eclair) but since 3.0MCR I can't see some unpaid apps also (Google Maps). I have tried wiping, re-flashing, rebooting you name it. Still can't see SOME apps and not all paid or protected apps like some.

No complaints though as the speed boost from 3.0 is much more important for me than a few missing apps. I am waiting for the newer ROM and am hoping that will fix the issue. ;)

D

Guest franklinvv

I have tested a few new ROMs as well, because I am getting really impatient as it takes quite long for HTC to release its update for the Hero. I tried the Android 2.1 build, AOSP 2.0 and MCR 3.0 ... but I reverted to MCR 2.8. However, now I can't find apps such as Layar, Twidroid and Google Maps.

I discovered that this has to do with my Google account. I confirmed this by doing the following (using both WiFi and 3G):

1) I wiped my device, and then configured my device to use my regular Google account:

Result: I could not find the apps such as Layar.

2) I wiped my device again, and then configured my device to use a NEW Google account:

Result: All the apps magically reappeared!

So, apparently some settings in my Google account were altered when accessing the Market with one of the new ROMs? That's ridiculous!

Edited by franklinvv

Guest GodsDevil

That is weird...I have not changed any settings in my Google account and still am facing these issues.

Since Gmail is my main mail account I cannot use a new account so seems I am stuck with this now ;)

D

Guest Igniztion
That is weird...I have not changed any settings in my Google account and still am facing these issues.

Since Gmail is my main mail account I cannot use a new account so seems I am stuck with this now ;)

D

It seems that if you use the Market from a rooted phone that is not on the Market whitelist for protected apps, this is stored on your Google Account. Apparently there is some sort of whitelist of a combination of carrier, country and perhaps some build.prop value which has to be in a whitelist for Copy Protected apps to show up on the Market (link)

It still seems strange that this is stored on your Google Account though. That has to be a bug

It might have something to do with the new Market for 2.0 though, because I have had copy protected apps disappear from the Market 1.5 earlier when I was messing around with my own builds, but they always reappeared when I went back to stock ROM or the MCR

Edited by Igniztion

I don't understand everyone's problems here...possible solutions:

- If you bought an app with f.e. modaco 2.5 and later on, you revert back to f.e. modaco 2.0, then it's possible that you loose your app. You should go back to the same firmware, in this case 2.5

- you have to re-enable Market Enabler and make sure you have the LATEST version. I found out that after a while, market enabler isn't activated anymore

- if you have a rooted phone, you should make sure you follow the instructions I wrote down before:

I found the solution (at least for me!). I'm from belgium and we can't see paid apps yet, so I tried Market Enabler, which also didn't work. But now I see that on one way or another, I was always downloading an old version of ME.

This is the downloadlink: http://code.google.com/p/market-enabler/downloads/list

- Go to the url with your hero, and download it

- Install the app

- DO NOT RUN IT

- REBOOT your Hero manually

- run the app

- save your current settings

- go to the 2nd tab and choose another carrier

- hold the selection and fake it.

Don't forget to reboot manually before you run it for the first time. Many people, including me, were receiving a crash error when trying to fake the provider...

- I have modaco 3.0, rooted my phone and can see all the apps. I'm from Belgium, where it's still NOT possible normally to buy apps. My billing adress is in belgium, so I don't think it has something to do with my billing adress or google account...

Guest franklinvv

I already tried MarketEnabler, and that didn't help. Probably because that's not the problem. I live in the Netherlands (where we have access to paid apps), and I have always been able to download Layar and Twidroid, and I never reverted to an older MCR version. The only thing I did was test Eclair-builds, and eventually restored a Nandroid backup. After that, it is simply impossible to find certain apps with my regular Google account, no matter what I try. No matter what network I'm on, or what network I'm faking, or what ROM I'm using. The only thing that appears to be the problem is my own Google account.

I have confirmed this by trying the same setup with two different Google accounts: with my regular account, I could not find the apps, but with the other account I could

Btw, this problem isn't specific to paid apps. Free apps have disappeared as well.

Edited by franklinvv

Guest Igniztion
I already tried MarketEnabler, and that didn't help. Probably because that's not the problem. I live in the Netherlands (where we have access to paid apps), and I have always been able to download Layar and Twidroid, and I never reverted to an older MCR version. The only thing I did was test Eclair-builds, and eventually restored a Nandroid backup. After that, it is simply impossible to find certain apps with my regular Google account, no matter what I try. No matter what network I'm on, or what network I'm faking, or what ROM I'm using. The only thing that appears to be the problem is my own Google account.

I have confirmed this by trying the same setup with two different Google accounts: with my regular account, I could not find the apps, but with the other account I could

Btw, this problem isn't specific to paid apps. Free apps have disappeared as well.

As you say, the problem has nothing to do with paid apps. The issue at hand is copy protected apps. For some reason, if you use your regular google account to access the Market on an Eclair build, the account can no longer see these apps on a Cupcake build even though you were able to see the apps earlier.

This even happens if you try out Eclair on a different handset/device as long as you use that same google account when you set up the phone at first boot.

Guest Harroguk
if you use your regular google account to access the Market on an Eclair build, the account can no longer see these apps on a Cupcake build even though you were able to see the apps earlier.

This even happens if you try out Eclair on a different handset/device as long as you use that same google account when you set up the phone at first boot.

Not just on Eclair, the only ROM I have installed is the latest T-Mobile (UK) ROM which I then removed to put on MCR3.0, both of which are Cupcake ROMS I beleive (Im still fairly new to Android so correct me if I am wrong please) I obviously suffer the same problems as everyone else, the easiest way to spot it being that Google Maps isnt available in the Market. Like others I have tried Market Enabler (Latest Version) to no avail.