Apps missing from marketplace

Guest AndyCr15

Guest stevenz

Agreed, Marketenabler doesn't do anything to help the mysterious missing apps (be they paid or unpaid).

I'll do some experimenting later, but it looks like franklinvv has come across a fairly likely result. I've tried a full wipe & restore and it achieved nothing, so it's either account-related or the marketplace has developed a dislike for my device id. I'll try the same process later with another account and see if I can duplicate Franklinvv's result, I'm picking it'll have the same outcome.

Edited by stevenz

Guest Geochelone

I'm one of the who taste-ing Eclair with AOSP and HERO21. I use Eclair Market with my regular/main account, and I reverted to MCR 3.0. Now certain apps are missing, e.g. twidroid :-(

Guest munkimatt

I've replicated franklinvv findings. I created a new Google account and sure enough Twidroid etc were in the Market. I then logged in with my standard account and they've all vanished again.

However a word of warning; Don't hold me to this because I'm not sure the above was the actual cause, but after doing this my phone had a bit of a nightmare. Gmail sync stopped working properly, sending e-mails stopped altogether. I did a data wipe which didn't help at all and also none of the social networks would log in after either.

I've had to go a complete wipe, SD card, phone, the whole lot, basically starting with a completely rebuilt Hero before I could get the syncs working again.

Like I said, can't guarantee that logging in with a secondd account did this, but it seems odd that I had these problems directly after doing it.

Guest stevenz
I've replicated franklinvv findings. I created a new Google account and sure enough Twidroid etc were in the Market. I then logged in with my standard account and they've all vanished again.

However a word of warning; Don't hold me to this because I'm not sure the above was the actual cause, but after doing this my phone had a bit of a nightmare. Gmail sync stopped working properly, sending e-mails stopped altogether. I did a data wipe which didn't help at all and also none of the social networks would log in after either.

I've had to go a complete wipe, SD card, phone, the whole lot, basically starting with a completely rebuilt Hero before I could get the syncs working again.

Like I said, can't guarantee that logging in with a secondd account did this, but it seems odd that I had these problems directly after doing it.

This is why I've got a spare SD card (setup as a "goldcard") for "testing" purposes and I keep my regular one out of the firing-line. I'm going to run a nandroid backup on the working system, then do a wipe & flash a 2.1 ROM, setup with a spare gmail account, then see what happens with the blank sd card in it, then restore the working Nandroid, should keep everything silky smooth!

I'll try my main account on 2.1, then wipe it and try it again with the other account, we shall see...

EDIT:

Nope, tried with my other account under 2.1 (Lox's 1.6 build), same stuff still missing. Mystery to me!

Edited by stevenz

Guest Igniztion

This morning I suddenly had access to all the copy protected apps again, including the paid apps I have bought. They appeared about 24 hours after I did a factory reset and flashed MCR3.0 after having tried Hero21 and AOSP 2.0 roms.

Strange stuff indeed this.

Guest munkimatt
This morning I suddenly had access to all the copy protected apps again, including the paid apps I have bought. They appeared about 24 hours after I did a factory reset and flashed MCR3.0 after having tried Hero21 and AOSP 2.0 roms.

Strange stuff indeed this.

Interesting. They're not on mine still and in fact a search for 'Twidroid' yesterday gave me 12 results (none of which were actually Twidroid!), now only gives me 11 so something else has vanished.

Guest franklinvv
This is why I've got a spare SD card (setup as a "goldcard") for "testing" purposes and I keep my regular one out of the firing-line. I'm going to run a nandroid backup on the working system, then do a wipe & flash a 2.1 ROM, setup with a spare gmail account, then see what happens with the blank sd card in it, then restore the working Nandroid, should keep everything silky smooth!

I'll try my main account on 2.1, then wipe it and try it again with the other account, we shall see...

EDIT:

Nope, tried with my other account under 2.1 (Lox's 1.6 build), same stuff still missing. Mystery to me!

I'm not sure, but that might also be caused by the fact that it's a 2.1 build with a malformed id in build.prop. In fact, I think that using my Google account in a 2.1 build actually caused all this in my situation. You should try a 1.5 build with an account that has not been used before to confirm that the other Google account that you tried got messed up as well because of trying the 2.1 build.

Edited by franklinvv

Guest isMaskin

This is strange.

I was missing a lot of apps after trying out the 2.0 AOSP with googlebits on when it came out.

This is what I have tried:

Flashed MCR3.0 after a data-wipe with no success

Flashed MCR3.0 after a full wipe (ext3) no success

Flashed Generic unrooted with wipe no success

Flashed MCR3.0 with wipe but this time I did not setup WiFi when adding my google account and Google maps was installed and I could find more apps than before on market. Can someone try this one?

Guest isMaskin
don't work @ my place.. try to find a another fix .. (i have test it with twidroid;))

hmm, seems like I can´t find twidroid nor barcode scanner. But I can find some other apps I could not before.

this is very big problem i think this is copyright problem as i have tried 2.0after that apps start vanishing rom market really what can i do

pls people help me!!!

Guest isMaskin

Haha, believe it or not! I´m still working on this case!

Seems like I CAN see protected apps with Eclair build on my phone but not with a Cupcake build. Atleast our accounts are not totally broken ;)

Edit: Victory!

What I did to get my protected apps back:

1. Download the 2.0.1 AOSP over at xda developers.

2. Wipe

3. Flash it

4. Setup your "broken" account in 2.0.1

5. Go to market and download anything that is protected and let it install

6. Reboot into recovery

7. Wipe

8. Flash MCR3.0

9. Setup your account in MCR3.0 and wait for the win.

Edited by isMaskin

Guest Incomer
Haha, believe it or not! I´m still working on this case!

Seems like I CAN see protected apps with Eclair build on my phone but not with a Cupcake build. Atleast our accounts are not totally broken ;)

Edit: Victory!

What I did to get my protected apps back:

1. Download the 2.0.1 AOSP over at xda developers.

2. Wipe

3. Flash it

4. Setup your "broken" account in 2.0.1

5. Go to market and download anything that is protected and let it install

6. Reboot into recovery

7. Wipe

8. Flash MCR3.0

9. Setup your account in MCR3.0 and wait for the win.

I've did:

1. Download the 2.0.1. AOSP over @ xda developers

2. make a nandroid backup(+ext)

3. wipe

4. setup your "broken" account in 2.0.1

5. install twidroid free(for example)

6. reboot into recovery

7. restore nandroid backup

8. and almost all apps are back!

Guest franklinvv

I tried it the way Incomer did it, and I did get most of the apps back but not all of them. I purchased Twidroid Pro some time ago, but I still can't find it in the Market.

@isMaskin: did you get all apps back? ;)

Edit: never mind ... I just did a fresh install of MCR after having used AOSP 2.0.1 ... and I can find Twidroid Pro again! So, this seems to be a way around this ... finally!

After configuring the fresh install with my Google account, I could restore my previous installation of MCR and I could still find the apps!

Edited by franklinvv

Guest Incomer
I tried it the way Incomer did it, and I did get most of the apps back but not all of them. I purchased Twidroid Pro some time ago, but I still can't find it in the Market.

@isMaskin: did you get all apps back? ;)

Edit: never mind ... I just did a fresh install of MCR after having used AOSP 2.0.1 ... and I can find Twidroid Pro again! So, this seems to be a way around this ... finally!

After configuring the fresh install with my Google account, I could restore my previous installation of MCR and I could still find the apps!

i had the same, but after twice rebooting all apps are back ;)

Guest munkimatt
I've did:

1. Download the 2.0.1. AOSP over @ xda developers

2. make a nandroid backup(+ext)

3. wipe

4. setup your "broken" account in 2.0.1

5. install twidroid free(for example)

6. reboot into recovery

7. restore nandroid backup

8. and almost all apps are back!

Two reboots and this worked for me! Amazing work guys.

Guest stevenz
Two reboots and this worked for me! Amazing work guys.

Seconded, works for me here. I didn't even do an MCR reflash after using the AOSP 2.0.1, I just restored my nandroid backup, wiped the marketplace cache and then re-ran it and it's picking things up again. (It found everything in 2.0.1).

AOSP 2.0.1 is actually quite nice to use, a couple of glitchy things that makes Doggcatcher a bit flaky though.

Wonder what it's actually doing that makes it work.

Seconded, works for me here. I didn't even do an MCR reflash after using the AOSP 2.0.1, I just restored my nandroid backup, wiped the marketplace cache and then re-ran it and it's picking things up again. (It found everything in 2.0.1).

AOSP 2.0.1 is actually quite nice to use, a couple of glitchy things that makes Doggcatcher a bit flaky though.

Wonder what it's actually doing that makes it work.

this method worked for me also many many thank u guys u all are great

this is thread & paul's mcr 3.0 thread are the most commo things i surf on net

Edited by dr_ysp

• 1 month later...
Guest Incomer
I need to do this again now, which ROM will still fix it? I have a 2.1 Hakiri ROM, but that wouldn't find Twidroid... :)

install 2.0.1 r6 from jnhwhiteh and after that install your rom of choose(without a wipe i heard that that will fix it in 2.x rom's)