Phone Software Update Working

Guest tomkulaga

Guest zero_kun

it works for me. no need to use compability mode at all.im on vista sp2.used the new nps software and selected malaysia for country. worked smoothly for me.no big risks so everything is fine for me.i dont know about the others though

Guest vitozappa

Living in Belgium I bought my phone in Singapore, i downloaded NPS 1.4 it works and recognizes my phone. i choose singapore as country. When I try to update it says "failed to connect to server, update can no proceed"

ok I removed NPS again, then I installed it again, but this time I choose Malaysia and guess what it worked! I got the alarm that the download was available and so I did. In 30 minutes the download was a fact, (high speed cable) version is PDA XXIJ9, CSC XSOIJ, phone DXIJ1. it took me much longer to configurate the phone and language again though, even though I had a back-up which I re-installed

the first time i tried to update, i did it on my XP machine, no luck

the second time i did in on my laptop with vista

i don't know if that has anything to do with it

it doesn't seem slower, just a little bit faster, to me the touch screen seems a bit more sensitive

Guest JohnNy_
Same happened here , there is something wrong with Vista, it keep crashing the file NPSWUpdatebinary.exe , the good old unreliable windows , if I didn't have windows phone i be on ubuntu now.....

Try VMWare (supports Ubuntu). I'm running Windows 7 x64 and update my phone with a emulated Windows XP :)

Guest jonggie112
Is it worth upgrading to the new software update? my present version is PDA I8000XXIH5 CSC I8000FAMIH4 and Phone I8000DXIH2. Cause atm im satisfied with my 6.1 Rom.

well, for me it is worth upgrading. having threaded sms and office landscape mode without any registry tweaks, the capitalize first letter in sentence when composing an sms has finally worked, the new windows default today item, more finger friendly menus, asphalt 4 and crayon physics game, bunch of new apps from microsoft like my phone, msn weather, money, bing search and the new internet explorer. there's a marketplace shortcut but upon launching it, it asks you to download the app. on samsung's side, a new lay out for the main menu and cube and new widgets; exchange activesync and schedule. threaded sms under samsung's layout is also there, but email layout, i think, does not share this. but if you fancy samsung widget plus on your today screen, i did notice that the upgrade made the o2 a tad bit slower. i just disabled that and used the windows default. its all good. HTH

Edited by jonggie112

Guest jonggie112
Does "NPS update" erase "My Storage"? Do I need to back up it?

mine did not. all my cab files and garmin files remained there. though i did need to reinstall all of them. but its better to back it up.

Guest jackjack078
<br />Hi, may I know which country you select for the NPS?<br />
<br /><br /><br />

i installed using English US, then pick Australia as my country, hope you get it update too.

well, for me it is worth upgrading. having threaded sms and office landscape mode without any registry tweaks, the capitalize first letter in sentence when composing an sms has finally worked, the new windows default today item, more finger friendly menus, asphalt 4 and crayon physics game, bunch of new apps from microsoft like my phone, msn weather, money, bing search and the new internet explorer. there's a marketplace shortcut but upon launching it, it asks you to download the app. on samsung's side, a new lay out for the main menu and cube and new widgets; exchange activesync and schedule. threaded sms under samsung's layout is also there, but email layout, i think, does not share this. but if you fancy samsung widget plus on your today screen, i did notice that the upgrade made the o2 a tad bit slower. i just disabled that and used the windows default. its all good. HTH

Thanks.

Guest lysiong
<br /><br /><br />

i installed using English US, then pick Australia as my country, hope you get it update too.

The rom update not working on my omniaII, keep on said that my device is not supported.

The rom update not working on my omniaII, keep on said that my device is not supported.

Thanks to a firiend (with a pc running on XP), finally i have updated my i8000 to WM 6.5 :)

Thanks to a firiend (with a pc running on XP), finally i have updated my i8000 to WM 6.5 :D

After updating to WM 6.5 many apps won't run any longer on my i8000, e.g.

- smartrunner

- SSBubbleLevel

- Garmin won't get GPS-fix

:)

overall, WM seems to be a bit more laggy.

<br /><br /><br />

Were you using xp or vista? doesnt seem to work for me :)

Guest sabbathbh

Running NPS 1.4 on XP but it says: "The device is not supported. The device you have selected does not support software upgrade."

My current version is:

PDA: I800HZHII1

CSC: I8000HBRIII1

PHONE: I8000XXIJ2

Tried installing NPS with Taiwan, Singapore and Philippines.

An ideas ?

Guest jackjack078
Were you using xp or vista? doesnt seem to work for me :)

im using XP... well, i do wanna warn u that after updating, the phone is slower... well, i would say much slower