[REF] Cooking info, kitchen, tools, etc ....

Guest rodrigofd

Guest tacchan23

Thanks for the info Wes. Do you think you expert guys could post a list of the files/reg/etc to delete/edit for every applications? (of those you are already keeping track of them of course)

1 more (very very very very very very noob) questions^^

so one of the main aspect of a "kitchen" is some script that can remove all the files related to an application? and maybe the registry/dsm/etc too?

Guest Gary Crutcher
After reading this post from Khuanchai

My steps:

1. Use sorg's utility to dump English ROM.bin from i8000

2. Use i900executor to dump ROM to SYS, OEM, XIP

3. Cook SYS and OEM as needed

4. Use i900executor to assembly PDA from packages

5. After buildos, it got error on G'reloc but I just close it

6. When it created the os.nb.new, I copy it to another place before it's deleted

7. Combine the i8000 header with this os.nb.new to be a new nb0 file.

Anybody can explain or post some link of any info about point number 3? Cook SYS and OEM as needed

I have zero experience but I'm interested in trying to learn at least:)

First...thanks for the steps. ;)

Ok...another noob question.

Would it be possible for you to provide more detail on the above steps, such as location of the tools you are

using, command-line parameters, etc. I have read a lot, but mostly bits and pieces and nowhere

have I found a detailed step-by-step example (from beginning to end).

I think a step-by-step example would be a great learning tool for those of us who want to learn to cook.

Maybe just remove one thing from the PDA, then in another example add one thing to the PDA.

If we can learn to disassemble a ROM, remove something, put everything back together and flash it, it would go along way in helping us noobs who would like to learn ROM cooking. It would also help us to help other cooks in debugging customized ROMs as we would know where to look for problems and also help with custom enhancements.

Thanks for the info Wes. Do you think you expert guys could post a list of the files/reg/etc to delete/edit for every applications? (of those you are already keeping track of them of course)

1 more (very very very very very very noob) questions^^

so one of the main aspect of a "kitchen" is some script that can remove all the files related to an application? and maybe the registry/dsm/etc too?

There is no kitchen to do what you want, I mean that would remove all files and registry entries. There used to be a software for I900 written by SztupY that did some of those things, but not for I8000.

As far as answering your question about posting list of files registry entries... come on guys, I thought, that you want to learn something. You have to spend some time (a lot of time) to learn and understand what you are doing, otherwise what's the point. If you are not prepared to do it, don't bother, just use modified roms cooked by others. It is not a five minute job. If you look for some kitchen tools for other devices on xda-developers web site you will find a lot of information.

Guest Devil1978

How can i extract a *.NB0 file?

Can anyone help me please?

Because i have a PDA.nb0 file and i search some files in this image.

Edited by Devil1978

Hi all, I'm trying to build my own L2 rom. But with Sorg's tool, I can only dump a .bin file. Is there a tool that I can get the .eb0 out from it yet? thanks

Edited by Job21

Guest rodrigofd
Hi all, I'm trying to build my own L2 rom. But with Sorg's tool, I can only dump a .bin file. Is there a tool that I can get the .eb0 out from it yet? thanks

If you read my first post, you'll know.. in any case, you might be referring to a .NB0 file, since EB0 is an EBOOT image, and it is not part of a dump (like the one you have) ... don't mess with EBOOT, .. just read how to create a flashable rom(NB0) out of your dump.,

If you read my first post, you'll know.. in any case, you might be referring to a .NB0 file, since EB0 is an EBOOT image, and it is not part of a dump (like the one you have) ... don't mess with EBOOT, .. just read how to create a flashable rom(NB0) out of your dump.,
Hi RFD, thanks for your patience to rookies like me.

I think what bother me much is where I can get the 256byte header (the .PRE file as Weisun called?). Do I have to compose that by myself?

UPDATE: I've just use winhex to create the .pre file. Hope this would work (still under dump modding)

post-617721-1260761486_thumb.jpg

Edited by Job21

Guest tacchan23
Then you need to search for podcast entries in some other files. You will find it in, for example, mainmenu.db, some registry files (.rgu) and so on. You have to be careful when you change those files. You have to look at the format, some of them are unicode. You have to ensure that they are saved without changing the format/type of the files.

I have a couple of question (still on the Podcast example):

1) with UltraEdit if I save a file with format as "default", will it preserve those Unicode files? or still need to pay attention to them and manually set the format to Unicode?

2) inside the ImeiXxxx.pfg files, I have something like this:

ElemID = 0x04

Lengsth = 60

Type = 3

Value = "HKCU\Software\BORATECH\Podcast"

Should I delete all 4 lines?

3) Inside the mainmenu.db, is it ok to simply delete all the lines of this kind?

\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Podcast.lnk

4) Inside the .lib and .dll and .mui files, I can just leave them unchanged? in case they need to be edited too, could you point me to any info on the subject?

5) the .htm files need to be edited too? they seem to have the biggest number of references and it would take most of the time I guess

Thanks to anybody who can help:)

Hi there, I'm too new and I only know to edit the content by packet (oem/sys)

can anyone could tell how I can get those back into dump? so I can use the imgfsfromdumb?

I tried on buildos but it feedback error "creating registry". I checked all rgu/dsm files from OEM/sys are there within the dump, what's wrong?

Edited by Job21

Hi RFD, in your first post, you mentioned there isn't yet a reallocation tool, so only removing modules is allowed?

but then how can you add those OEM apps in your K5 lite? thx

Edited by Job21

Guest rodrigofd
Hi RFD, in your first post, you mentioned there isn't yet a reallocation tool, so only removing modules is allowed?

but then how can you add those OEM apps in your K5 lite? thx

If i add apps that contain modules, i convert them to files first (recmod tool)..

Guest rodrigofd
Hi RFD, thanks for your patience to rookies like me.

I think what bother me much is where I can get the 256byte header (the .PRE file as Weisun called?). Do I have to compose that by myself?

UPDATE: I've just use winhex to create the .pre file. Hope this would work (still under dump modding)

You did it fine... anyway, such header are actually the first 256 bytes of any NB0 PDA rom... (not from MST)...

But remember to correct the 3 values in the header, when you are packing your final customized rom, as i explain on first post...

If i add apps that contain modules, i convert them to files first (recmod tool)..
do you mean to extract folders in original dump with recmod?

then reversemod old+new modules back to folders (dump structure)?

Maybe I was doing something wrong (direct deleting files at dump structure, but not wait till extracted with pkgtools?).

Will try to dump and build package again

Edited by Job21

Guest rodrigofd
do you mean to extract folders in original dump with recmod?

then reversemod old+new modules back to folders (dump structure)?

Maybe I was doing something wrong (direct deleting files at dump structure, but not wait till extracted with pkgtools?).

Will try to dump and build package again

NO .. NO REVERSEMOD...

Recmod converts modules (folders) to files... Reversemod does the opposite : files to modules (folders). .. we CANNOT ADD NEW MODULES yet... so you must not do reversemod... simply, if you want to add apps that contain modules (folders) you must convert such modules to files... all module folders that you leave on your dump must only be original ones...

NO .. NO REVERSEMOD...

Recmod converts modules (folders) to files... Reversemod does the opposite : files to modules (folders). .. we CANNOT ADD NEW MODULES yet... so you must not do reversemod... simply, if you want to add apps that contain modules (folders) you must convert such modules to files... all module folders that you leave on your dump must only be original ones...

Thx for your hint and I've looked for recmod over the net.

But what I have with me are cabs and I extracted them with package creator. Folder from those are good for edit in OEM/SYS structure. I can "buildos" the dump except encountering "error: creating registry" at almost the end (?)

So, is that dump good for "imgfsfromdumpXXX"? or do I need further process (all_package_into_one?)

I've also tried those folder (but isn't .exe .dll file as you'll see in dump) with recmod, but nth looks good to me.

Edited by Job21

Guest Pako777
2) inside the ImeiXxxx.pfg files, I have something like this:

ElemID = 0x04

Lengsth = 60

Type = 3

Value = "HKCU\Software\BORATECH\Podcast"

Should I delete all 4 lines?

not only its 4 lines.. need erase all lines from this section who worked with "Podcast"

Guest rodrigofd
not only its 4 lines.. need erase all lines from this section who worked with "Podcast"

Hi Pako, ... do you have any updates on your executor for we I8000 guys? ... i read somewhere you are able to unpack CSC images... is that correct? and what about repacking? (inserting , deleting or modifying files into CSC file? ..

just curious...

sorry folks, but here comes my daily update/question

by re-dumping and extracting to package, then modification. After that, Buildos is running good until there's another issue

BuildBootHive: (RGUComp) !ERROR unable to mount hive file ".\boot.hv" (as in the log.txt)

But I didn't touch anything in the Rom/XIP at all. any help?

Dec 17 update: FINALLY, I'm THERE. A rom built and booted-up successfully, though there're still bugs (registry/shortcuts) to clean

Seems that minor flaw in module/package can halt the buildos process.

Edited by Job21

Guest rodrigofd
A note for the ROM cookers.

Adding/Editing Titanium panels on omnia i8000 is not still difficult.

Please read thread: http://www.modaco.com/content/i8000-verizo...anels-easy-way/

Maybe you'll make cooked ROMs with Titanium Panels in the future.

THATS NOT NECESSARY ANYMORE... Titanium issues were related to a samsung customization in ROM , ... since i remove it in all my roms, you should not rename anything or deal with SPlugins* files ... my roms behave normally in respect to CHome...

Guest rodrigofd
The custom IK1 rom at kingmobile has 139.63 MB ram free instead of 139.15.

http://www.kingmobile.net/bbs/thread-97567-1-1.html

Don't know how useful it may be though.

PS. I died waiting for IL2 and 6.53 ultralite rom..

Yes, and if i'm correct some khuanchai versions have that memory, too.. I though of comparing such kernels with mine, to see where is the difference.. but i seriously doubt there will be just a couple of bytes, that clearly point reserved ram.. hope it were so easy... just to be worse, such 139.63 free ram kernel is for 6.1, and the 139.15 mine is 6.5, so there are MANY differences in kernel, aside from that tiny bit of memory...

Guest Khuanchai
Yes, and if i'm correct some khuanchai versions have that memory, too.. I though of comparing such kernels with mine, to see where is the difference.. but i seriously doubt there will be just a couple of bytes, that clearly point reserved ram.. hope it were so easy... just to be worse, such 139.63 free ram kernel is for 6.1, and the 139.15 mine is 6.5, so there are MANY differences in kernel, aside from that tiny bit of memory...

No, my WM 6.5 ROM also has 139.15 MB. Just the WM 6.1 has 139.63 MB. ;)