Omnia II - Official upgrade to Windows Mobile 6.5!

Guest godoyster

Guest ozziecan
Your phone is from singapure for sure (Phone=DX / CSC=XSO). I had this same problem, but it´s because I was trying to upgrade using windows 7... try in a computer running windows XP (some pepople try using Vista, but they have some bug's). Samsung recommend upgrade use windows xp... when I did that, the NPS recognize my phone and upgrade it without problems...

It´s annoying that samsung didn´t resolved this issue yet... my luck that I have a sister with a computer running windows xp... must be suck to go back to XP just to upgrade your phone.

Thanks for that. My PC is running XP, it is the one that I have been trying on the entire time. I don't have Windows 7. Hence, I have no idea why it is not recognising my phone and not letting me upgrade. I have contacted Samsung and they have told me to send the phone to the service centre in Singapore at my expense. I don't want to as it will take weeks before I get it back and Samsung should be on the hook for the freight and not me.

So again, I have no idea why it is not recognising my phone. I am using XP, downloaded the latest NPS, it is fully charged, have set NPS to Singpore, as my phone has the Sing specs, and nothing. Any help would be wicked!

Thanks heaps.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest godoyster
Thanks for that. My PC is running XP, it is the one that I have been trying on the entire time. I don't have Windows 7. Hence, I have no idea why it is not recognising my phone and not letting me upgrade. I have contacted Samsung and they have told me to send the phone to the service centre in Singapore at my expense. I don't want to as it will take weeks before I get it back and Samsung should be on the hook for the freight and not me.

So again, I have no idea why it is not recognising my phone. I am using XP, downloaded the latest NPS, it is fully charged, have set NPS to Singpore, as my phone has the Sing specs, and nothing. Any help would be wicked!

Thanks heaps.

really? ouch... i don´t know why that happens...

your phone is unlock? because you can download the official 6.5 by samsung firmware downloader and install it using octans... so you will have the official 6.5, just installed in a "alternative" way... hehehehe

if it was not a problem for you, read this: http://www.modaco.com/content/i8000-omnia-...are-downloader/

let me know if you have any question how to do that.

best!

• 1 month later...