Buying one?

Guest saquib

Paul, as you've got the Liquid, what do you think of it compared to the HTC Hero? Is it only a little bit better, or noticeably better, as in faster, improved etc?

I'm really torn which one to get between the two!

Well, I've had a play with Sense and it does seem very good, and refined, but I'm not too fussed about it. Of the two, which do you prefer, as I saw you had a Hero in your unboxing video?

Guest coolVariable

So expansys USA seems to be definitely selling the European version of the phone.

The Acer A1 sold in their store DOES NOT work with US 3G.

Where can one get the North American version of the Acer?

So expansys USA seems to be definitely selling the European version of the phone.

The Acer A1 sold in their store DOES NOT work with US 3G.

Where can one get the North American version of the Acer?

It should work with AT&T... at least in most areas.

Guest coolVariable
It should work with AT&T... at least in most areas.

No. For the last time (why does nobody research this?):

AT&T, Rogers, Telus use UMTS 850/1900 MHz for 3G (with 90% being 850 MHz though due to the better throughput)

T-Mobile uses UMTS 1700 MHz for 3G

The Acer A1 comes as two models:

1. The EURO version which supports 900/2100.

2. The US/NAM version which supports 850/1900/2100.

Guess which version all the ****tards are selling in North America?

The EURO version!

Guest Dave Haas
No. For the last time (why does nobody research this?):

AT&T, Rogers, Telus use UMTS 850/1900 MHz for 3G (with 90% being 850 MHz though due to the better throughput)

T-Mobile uses UMTS 1700 MHz for 3G

The Acer A1 comes as two models:

1. The EURO version which supports 900/2100.

2. The US/NAM version which supports 850/1900/2100.

Guess which version all the ****tards are selling in North America?

The EURO version!

Cool it cooler...

The specs shown on Expansys's site, for example, aren't always up to date or correct (the Nokia N900 listing one time said T-Mobile's AWS band wasn't available on the device, which obviously wasn't true on any version of the N900). From what I've researched and read since October (including the recent Engadget article), the Euro version has one of the US bands. Also, it's possible Expanssys's site operators just copy-pasted from their main UK site and meant to talk about the NAM version (this has also happened on Expansys's site in the past).

AT&T recently started lighting up 850 3G in it's larger markets and there are multiple areas AT&T has 3G on 1900 only, such as parts of the Rockies/desert states... so it's unlikely 90% of NA's 3G is on 850 only... The Euro version should work in many areas (if not all areas) that has AT&T 3G, albeit it may do so not as well in heavily-constructed buildings as an iPhone or some other 850-3G-enabled phone.

It's very possible the NAM version is not ready for release... maybe Acer's waiting on a certain set of carriers to look at it for subsidy possibilities, or had other issues... you never know.

So here's your options: wait for someone (or you) to buy the currently selling model and attempt to use it on NAM 3G or wait for confirmation of the NAM version's release (which may or may not happen [soon]).

Guest coolVariable
Cool it cooler...

The specs shown on Expansys's site, for example, aren't always up to date or correct (the Nokia N900 listing one time said T-Mobile's AWS band wasn't available on the device, which obviously wasn't true on any version of the N900). From what I've researched and read since October (including the recent Engadget article), the Euro version has one of the US bands. Also, it's possible Expanssys's site operators just copy-pasted from their main UK site and meant to talk about the NAM version (this has also happened on Expansys's site in the past).

AT&T recently started lighting up 850 3G in it's larger markets and there are multiple areas AT&T has 3G on 1900 only, such as parts of the Rockies/desert states... so it's unlikely 90% of NA's 3G is on 850 only... The Euro version should work in many areas (if not all areas) that has AT&T 3G, albeit it may do so not as well in heavily-constructed buildings as an iPhone or some other 850-3G-enabled phone.

It's very possible the NAM version is not ready for release... maybe Acer's waiting on a certain set of carriers to look at it for subsidy possibilities, or had other issues... you never know.

So here's your options: wait for someone (or you) to buy the currently selling model and attempt to use it on NAM 3G or wait for confirmation of the NAM version's release (which may or may not happen [soon]).

Way ahead of you.

1. Expansys US has the correct specs.

2. Expansys UK screwed up their specs.

3. No store currently sells the NAM version.

4. AT&T 1900MHz 3G coverage is laughable. And this is in the largest metropolitan areas in the country: NYC, LA, SF. When I say 90% 850 and 10% 1900 ... I am probably doing 1900 a favor. They have been switching over 3G data to 850 as much as possible.

5. Maybe if you were to suffer under stores/manufacturers stupidity like us poor North American customers (and I don't even count the T-Mobileites), then you would understand.

I (for one) am SICK AND TIRED of getting RIPPED OFF by ****TARDS!

Hi,

Came across this whilst watching another unboxing video, i cant wait for mine to be delivered!

Seems that the Liquid does cable teathering (USB Modem Connection with Win7 Support) out of the box, worth mentioning to anyone considering buying one I think.

The link to the Unboxing Video is here

And a photo of the manual describing how to teather is located here.

http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j148/Shr...-09at223509.png

Cheers,

J

Guest Charlton22

Hello, I'm new in this forum, I was thinking of ordering the Acer Liquid today...

Whats about the liquid? Is it worth for the money?

I'm going to buy the white acer liquid, since there is no trace of the black one.

Guest copperfield
Battery life will likely be the determining factor for me...

P

Hello Paul, could you tell me then in your own opinion between the Hero and the Liquid which one has better battery life? As I am struggling to choose android based phone on account of the reported low battery life on all devices running this OS!