09/Feb 1.7 - MoDaCo Custom ROM - U8230 Vanilla Style (now with online kitchen)

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Shuflie
Cheers Paul, I failed doing that but I was a little unsure what I was doing so Ill give it a good hard read...Am I right in saying that i need to get to the blue screen to start the process?? (I was failing as i couldnt see the 3 red android skaters!?).

M

Never noticed the android skaters on mine, I think that may be an HTC thing ;) just turn off without the usb connected, hold Vol- and the red key then tap power on keeping the vol- and red keys held down. Should flash up tmobile logo then go to a blue screen with fastboot info on it.

Guest Shuflie
I can't get the rom to work.I just get a message saying can't open/sdcard/update.zip (bad)

Try rebooting and doing it again, happpened to me once after mounting the SD card in recovery mode to copy the update to it.

Guest biron_w

I tried rebooting it and it still won't work.

I did all the steps that nikki locke said but it won't work with mine.

So,a few questions -

Do I unzip the rom folder before copying it to the SD card?

Do I do anything with these options on the recovery menu:

Wipe SD:ext partition

Wipe SD:dalvik-cache

part SD:fat32+ext32+swap

part SD:only fat32

Repair EXT filesystems

convert ext2 to ext3

Guest Nikki Locke
I tried rebooting it and it still won't work.

I did all the steps that nikki locke said but it won't work with mine.

So,a few questions -

Do I unzip the rom folder before copying it to the SD card?

Do I do anything with these options on the recovery menu:

Wipe SD:ext partition

Wipe SD:dalvik-cache

part SD:fat32+ext32+swap

part SD:only fat32

Repair EXT filesystems

convert ext2 to ext3

No, you don't unzip (but you might try unzipping it on your PC, to make sure the zip file is not corrupted).

Have you partitioned your sdcard, or is it as it came (all fat32)? [The answers to the other question depend on this]

Guest biron_w

I haven't partitioned the card myself.It's how it came.I'm just using the 2gig card that was supplied with the phone as well.

Edited by biron_w

Guest Nikki Locke
I haven't partitioned the card myself.It's how it came.I'm just using the 2gig card that was supplied with the phone as well.

In that case the other options should not be used.

1) Can you confirm that you are able to extract all the files from the zip on your PC (i.e. that the zip isn't corrupt)

2) That you renamed the zip to "update.zip" before copying it to the sd card

3) That you placed it in the root folder of the sdcard

Guest biron_w
In that case the other options should not be used.

1) Can you confirm that you are able to extract all the files from the zip on your PC (i.e. that the zip isn't corrupt)

2) That you renamed the zip to "update.zip" before copying it to the sd card

3) That you placed it in the root folder of the sdcard

I can extract the files and I did rename it to "update.zip"

How do I find the root folder of the SD card?

Guest Casper-vH

First of all Ihave my pulse for half a week and am very happy with it ;)

My biggest problem is group syncing contacts, and the annoying TMobile Pink everywhere..

So, I really like to install this U8230 ROM, but Im a supernewbie. That is why i read Nikki's post.

I came across a problem thought. I cant reach my CD right now. So I cant reach the AdbWinApi.dll file

Unzip the superboot file, copy AdbWinApi.dll from the CD that came with the phone into the 1.1-pulse-superboot folder, and run .install-superboot-windows.bat.

Unzip the amonrecovery zip, copy AdbWinApi.dll from the CD that came with the phone into the 1.0-pulse-amonrarecovery folder, and run ._install-recovery-windows.bat.

Is this file phone or brand specific, or is it the same for all android phones. I did find a AdbWinApi.dll in a SDK package, could I use that?(http://developer.android.com/sdk/index.html)

Furthermore. I suppose I have to unzip those zips to my phone? If I do, to which folder? I dont really understand (a)

Thanks in advance

Guest ColSonders

Hi,

I'm new here but have been using the custom ROMs for a month or two now.

I updated from the 1.6 custom ROM to the vanilla 1.5 to give it a try, initially it worked very quickly and i'm quite pelased with it.

However, I don't know if it's something i've done (probably as I messed with the wipe functions on the quickboot/recovery) or not but my SD card won't mount, I keep getting an error under Android telling me the SD card is damaged and I may need to reformat.

I've tried clicking the option here and it doesn't seem to do anything.

I've also tried to wipe the partition again under recovery to no avail.

I tried running e2fsck in command line and it told me the fstab file was missing?

Can anyone help me please? Currently my apps that i've downloaded appear to be running off the phones memory (never been able to get A2SD working for some reason) but the apps use the SD card to store info and are therefore not working.

Guest Shuflie
Hi,

I'm new here but have been using the custom ROMs for a month or two now.

I updated from the 1.6 custom ROM to the vanilla 1.5 to give it a try, initially it worked very quickly and i'm quite pelased with it.

However, I don't know if it's something i've done (probably as I messed with the wipe functions on the quickboot/recovery) or not but my SD card won't mount, I keep getting an error under Android telling me the SD card is damaged and I may need to reformat.

I've tried clicking the option here and it doesn't seem to do anything.

I've also tried to wipe the partition again under recovery to no avail.

I tried running e2fsck in command line and it told me the fstab file was missing?

Can anyone help me please? Currently my apps that i've downloaded appear to be running off the phones memory (never been able to get A2SD working for some reason) but the apps use the SD card to store info and are therefore not working.

Can you mount the SD card in recovery mode and see it on your computer? If you can then you have probably enabled the swap partition. Repartition the SD card without swap (use the latest custom recovery and set swp=0), wipe everything and reflash the latest custom ROM.

Guest ColSonders
Can you mount the SD card in recovery mode and see it on your computer? If you can then you have probably enabled the swap partition. Repartition the SD card without swap (use the latest custom recovery and set swp=0), wipe everything and reflash the latest custom ROM.

I can see that something is there (under Vista here at work) but it tells me I haveinsufficient rights to format it, and tells me to insert a disk if I try to explore it.

I have used the recovery mode option Part SD:only fat32

I'm still having the same issues and currently i'm unable to check the card in another system (until I get home from work)

Guest Shuflie
I can see that something is there (under Vista here at work) but it tells me I haveinsufficient rights to format it, and tells me to insert a disk if I try to explore it.

I have used the recovery mode option Part SD:only fat32

I'm still having the same issues and currently i'm unable to check the card in another system (until I get home from work)

Its possible that your SD card may have failed, I've had that happen to me in the past.

Guest martinmax

But as i know the custom kernel is included in this rom , and its automaticly instaled when you install the rom , and installing december update is screwing your phone , So... How to Not install the custom kernel , only the u8230 rom and december update ?

Guest dac_kufer
dac_kufer, you installed the December patch, have you done the December update?

P

yes but when i reboot it wan't boot stock in android boot logo i'll try again