09/Feb 1.7 - MoDaCo Custom ROM - U8230 Vanilla Style (now with online kitchen)

Guest PaulOBrien

Download updated!

Changelog

- Built with my new MCR build process which reduces size and boost speed of the ROM

- Updated Busybox - ROM is now compatible with Droid Explorer

- Changed display of SSH password so it is no longer sucked into the user agent

- ROM is now fully odex'd - this will shrink your dalvik-cache, improve performance and generally make the world a happier place

- Titanium Backup is now in ROM. This can backup / restore your apps AND re-link them back to the market!

Enjoy! :)

P

No, but it has EXT3/4 support!

e2fsck coming up in the next release...

P

I was getting errors even though I had ext4 on mine B)

I could suck init.rc off to my PC, edit it, remount RW and then upload it couldn't I?

(Not sure I'll be bothered, but I might give it a go once I'm up and running with 1.7 :) )

Download updated!

Changelog

- Built with my new MCR build process which reduces size and boost speed of the ROM

- ROM is now fully odex'd - this will shrink your dalvik-cache, improve performance and generally make the world a happier place

- Titanium Backup is now in ROM. This can backup / restore your apps AND re-link them back to the market!

P

Titanium doesn't seem to be on this one Paul. B)

I've wiped and flashed and rebooted since I initialy started and it's not appearing with the applications.

Thanks, the 1.7 feels great - fast and with lots of free space.

However, I cannot find Titanium Backup as well - never mind it is a simple matter of downloading from the Market.

Andrew

Guest robot1000

However, I cannot find Titanium Backup as well - never mind it is a simple matter of downloading from the Market.

Andrew

It was on my update, although I did do a wipe before upgrading

Guest blaze23

Andrew

same problem, here and i didnt do a wipe before updating from 1.2.

Guest Nikki Locke

I am having serious problems with my phone lately.

Yesterday the root privilege screen that lets you decide whether to give something root privileges stopped working (programs needing root access got a small dialog that flashed up too quickly to read, and then nothing).

Then I stopped being able to install applications (installation error).

Then the phone rebooted at random when I tried to do things.

By the time I had finished trying to fix it, it got into a state where it waited until I had gone to sleep, then started continuously buzzing and giving the notification alert signal. This happened twice before I switched it off altogether.

I have tried the following:

Repair ext filesystem (it is ext4, BTW).

Reinstall upgrade.zip (1.2).

Repair ext filesystem.

Wipe davlik cache.

Full factory reset (Vol up & red) and reload Dec update. Then install recovery image and upgrade.sh, and repair ext filesystem again.

Factory reset (in recovery image), repair ext, wipe davlik, wipe ext, repair ext, install upgrade.zip (1.7).

I am well beyond the limits of my knowledge, and rather at the end of my tether.

Any ideas?

P.S. Paul - I thought you were going to fix the bug in init.rc I reported to you (two sections both called init, and no section called dropbear)? Is there an official way to hook into the boot sequence with 1.7 (I want to set my hostname)?

Guest Calamity James

This is what the phone should have been like out of the box. So much quicker, even with all my apps and data restored it still runs noticeably quicker!

Relatively painless too, so glad I took the plunge! :)

Download updated!

Changelog

P

Dont know what you did Paul but its like having a new phone. My friends with factory rom hero's are now jealous and I will will be sending them here to get the hero MCR.

Guest h3dshot

hey i had installed this rom but got pissed off with the amount of times it force closed lol :) so now im back on the stock tmobile one, was jus wonderin if u had the version of touchpal on an apk file that u cud upload pls? i dont like the 1 that comes as standard, and ur ROM is much faster but too unstable:D

thanks

Guest blaze23
hey i had installed this rom but got pissed off with the amount of times it force closed lol :) so now im back on the stock tmobile one, was jus wonderin if u had the version of touchpal on an apk file that u cud upload pls? i dont like the 1 that comes as standard, and ur ROM is much faster but too unstable:D

thanks

did you wipe before appling this rom. i had a loads of force closes that where instantly solved by wiping and reapling. to wipe the phone, use the recovery enviroment.

Guest helikopter

thanks fof the rom, paul. i didn't expect such an increase of speed. before upgrading i've never been able to reopen the browser without having to wait to reload the last visited page, but now it stays in memory. as the browser is one of the heaviest app on the phone i think this alone shows what a great improvement you achieved with this rom. congrats, and once again: thanks a lot!