09/Feb 1.7 - MoDaCo Custom ROM - U8230 Vanilla Style (now with online kitchen)

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest flash2004
Have you wiped? That ought to get rid of the Java Errors.

Not sure about Google Maps, I installed it from a backup. Bbecause it's not been installed by default for a bit in the Custom ROMs.

Havent done the wipe yet. (feeling a bit lazy :))

Let me do it today...

Guest Simon Brown

Just installed 1.7 on my shiny new Pulse and it makes the world of difference, first time with an android phone and flashing went smoothly with no issues. Thanks for your hard work Paul :)

Guest blaze23
I just installed 1.7, and I checked the Build number. At the moment it is 'MoDaCo Custom ROM 1.7, REBOOT REQUIRED'. I have rebooted, is there a problem?

download es file explorer from the market, use the root mode in seetings, and then navigate to data/dropbear and delete the passwd file. then rebbot your phone and the message should be gone.

Guest blaze23
I have installed 1.2 vanilla , i need to wipe to install 1.7 ?

you dont have to no, although doing so will probably make the rom a little fatser. also when upgrading from 1.2 titanium backup doesnt show up in the launcher and you have to download it manualy from the market.

Guest llaszlo

What is my ROOT Pass? I see this: Settings - About phone - Build Number: Modaco custom ROM 1.7 REBOOT REQUIRED.

Edited by llaszlo

Guest DarrellK
I just installed 1.7, and I checked the Build number. At the moment it is 'MoDaCo Custom ROM 1.7, REBOOT REQUIRED'. I have rebooted, is there a problem?

In 1.7, the "REBOOT REQUIRED" string exists in both build.prop and build.prop.nopassword - perhaps this is a bug?

Guest blaze23
What is my ROOT Pass? I see this: Settings - About phone - Build Number: Modaco custom ROM 1.7 REBOOT REQUIRED.

as i just said: download es file explorer from the market, use the root mode in seetings, and then navigate to data/dropbear and delete the passwd file. then rebbot your phone and the message should be gone.

this will fix the problem, paul posted this solution himself just here: http://android.modaco.com/index.php?act=Se...ite=%2Bdropbear

quote 'Delete /data/dropbear/passwd, reboot and the problem will be resolved. :)

P'

it realy is quite easy to fix, ittl take you 5 minutes tops, much betetr than wiping and reinstalling!

as i just said: download es file explorer from the market, use the root mode in seetings, and then navigate to data/dropbear and delete the passwd file. then rebbot your phone and the message should be gone.

this will fix the problem, paul posted this solution himself just here: http://android.modaco.com/index.php?act=Se...ite=%2Bdropbear

quote 'Delete /data/dropbear/passwd, reboot and the problem will be resolved. :)

P'

it realy is quite easy to fix, ittl take you 5 minutes tops, much betetr than wiping and reinstalling!

Thank you for that, it worked perfectly.

Guest h3dshot
did you wipe before appling this rom. i had a loads of force closes that where instantly solved by wiping and reapling. to wipe the phone, use the recovery enviroment.

...was i supposed to lol? thats probs why it keeps force closing:D o well ill reapply it and wipe before i do thanks:D

yea seems to be working now:D although its in french:D im sure someone mentioned this earlier ill hav a look to find a fix:D

Guest channi3
...was i supposed to lol? thats probs why it keeps force closing:D o well ill reapply it and wipe before i do thanks:D

yea seems to be working now:D although its in french:D im sure someone mentioned this earlier ill hav a look to find a fix:D

Just change the locale to english and reboot the phone

Guest demusss

After several rom installs and wipes and formats, I've found that google maps is actually in the 1.7 rom.

I wiped the phone

Formatted the SD:ext partition

Then installed the 1.7 rom, rebooted and Google Maps and Titanium was there.

This wiped all my data and apps off the phone, but I had taken backups with Titanium. Going to see now how restoring them works.

Guest alex.tvr

Been through all the setps, December update, then copy new rom to SD card, installed custom recovery image, installed zip from SD card, but....My Pulse has rebooted at least 3 times since and just seems to be stuck in a reboot loop (in fact I've tried the wipe and install from SD card several times now).

Any advice greatly appreciated.

A few questions before I try installing a custom rom for the first time:

I have the December update installed, will I need to wipe the phone before I try and install?

Do I need to partition the SD card?

Do I need to install the superboot?

From following the instructions I gather this will create a backup of the phone that I can roll-back to if there are any problems, is that correct?

Thanks

Been through all the setps, December update, then copy new rom to SD card, installed custom recovery image, installed zip from SD card, but....My Pulse has rebooted at least 3 times since and just seems to be stuck in a reboot loop (in fact I've tried the wipe and install from SD card several times now).

Any advice greatly appreciated.

I had the same problem...turns out wiping phone+ext isn't enough...I had to repartition the SD card.

A few questions before I try installing a custom rom for the first time:

I have the December update installed, will I need to wipe the phone before I try and install?

you can try first without wiping, but its better to wipe

Do I need to partition the SD card?

if you want apps2sd, then yes

Do I need to install the superboot?

no, since the custom rom already includes root

backup of the phone

can be created by using nandroid or bart in recovery

first step is to install the patched recovery image, then boot into it by holding menu+redENDcall buttons when you turn on the phone...from there you can backup, wipe, partition, and install custom roms.