09/Feb 1.7 - MoDaCo Custom ROM - U8230 Vanilla Style (now with online kitchen)

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest meegaha
Im having similar problems. While calling people, suddenly I cant hear them anymore. Or I cant even hear the dialing tones. Very strange.

Im using ben.nl (which is a dutch provider using the dutch TMobile network.)

I think it might be something to do with the phone trying to switch from 3G <--> 2G during a call. If you give it a little time, everything starts working again I've noticed... not 100% sure if this is right though.

However, I've also had problems with not being able to hear the person on the other end with outgoing calls so I don't really know what's going on for sure...

Guest Glycerin
Yes, it should do!

P

Without any changes? Or should i observe something particular?

Can i backup my original rom anyway?

Edited by Glycerin

Guest zigzack

This is awesome...this site, the custom ROMs, the Kitchen, android, and my Pulse (was a little worried after the first one I got didn't have a working touch screen, I was forced to make emergency calls and stare at the green android). It's all good now though.

My first question: is their a way to get the keyboard from the T-mobile ROM on the Vanilla version?, I just liked the layout better and it opens fullscreen in some apps which isn't very cool. Or another keyboard option maybe?

More questions to follow I'm sure...

Thanks

Guest robot1000
This is awesome...this site, the custom ROMs, the Kitchen, android, and my Pulse (was a little worried after the first one I got didn't have a working touch screen, I was forced to make emergency calls and stare at the green android). It's all good now though.

My first question: is their a way to get the keyboard from the T-mobile ROM on the Vanilla version?, I just liked the layout better and it opens fullscreen in some apps which isn't very cool. Or another keyboard option maybe?

More questions to follow I'm sure...

Thanks

Have you not got Touchpal?

Guest zigzack
Have you not got Touchpal?

Yeah I've got TouchPal, wondering if it's just a skin I need or an updated version.

TouchPal doesn't seem to be in the market either.

Actually had another look and the only thing I don't like is the "." key.

Writing this while looking... The cootek site has all sorts of stuff on skinning the keyboard so gonna look into that.

Guest bounty123
But can i do a nandroid backup without any root access? How i become root access with my original rom?

You don't need to be root for a nandroid backup, it is done from the recovery menu. For it you need to flash the Amon Ra recovery image on your device from the bootloader menu. guide is available at the recovery image topic. After the december update you can start the recovery menu by powering up the phone while pushing the menu and the end call buttons.

To become root on the stock rom, you need to run the superboot utility, also available from modaco :)

Edited by bounty123

Guest Glycerin

@Paul:

Do you know if the Recovery Image run on my U8230 and your superboot for pulse is compatible with my u8230?

thanks

Edited by Glycerin

Guest Zsolabola

Since i have this 8230 ROM on my pulse i cannot connect to the web n walk page of t-mobile

It was ok with the 1.7 MCR T-mobile style

The browser looks the same for me but now it says the wnw page is not supported by the phone

can someone explain me why ?

Now i cannot watch my mobile tv channels

Is there a possibility to make the browser in this version wnw compatible?

thanks

Guest giabbe1
Yeah there's a bug in the kernel which corrupts ext4 partitions on reboot...stick with ext3 for now.

is it enough if I just reformat the ext partition to ext3? I mean a2sd would work right away? Or do I have to re-install the rom from scratch in order for a2sd to work?

Furthermore, does anybody know how I could check whether a2sd is running? (command I can type in a shell? something like that?.....)

thanks

Guest souljah777

Paul,

I'm a complete Noob to Android but I followed the simple instructions in the forum and flashed to this ROM. All I can say is WOW! This is so much faster than the stock ROM.

Thanks very much!

Guest HakMe2Deth

Iv installed the rom (thanks to some help from Nikki Locke - thanks bud) and done a wipe of everything and a format of the SD Card (64mb swap/768 EFT2)

But when I receive a call and answer it or let a call ring and go answer machine, it reboots...

Not done any installs of apps or any config changes other than to acces market (and connect to my google account) and change language to english

any ideas?

ta

Hak

Guest starkos
Iv installed the rom (thanks to some help from Nikki Locke - thanks bud) and done a wipe of everything and a format of the SD Card (64mb swap/768 EFT2)

But when I receive a call and answer it or let a call ring and go answer machine, it reboots...

Not sure about your call problems, but you shouldn't have created a swap partition, if using Recovery menu to partition the sdcard make sure swap is set to 0! Don't know if the call problems are a result of the swap partition, but it will probably cause other problems lol. eg in settings/sd card & storage on the phone, does it not give an error regarding the sdcard?

Guest Glycerin
@Paul:

Do you know if the Recovery Image run on my U8230 and your superboot for pulse is compatible with my u8230?

thanks

Do you know them? Or someone already done it?

Guest HakMe2Deth
Sounds like you haven't done the December Update first!

P

Hi Paul

I did the december update prior to doing any rooting and flashing.

Not sure about your call problems, but you shouldn't have created a swap partition, if using Recovery menu to partition the sdcard make sure swap is set to 0! Don't know if the call problems are a result of the swap partition, but it will probably cause other problems lol. eg in settings/sd card & storage on the phone, does it not give an error regarding the sdcard?

Will reformat without the swap. But it was crashing even before I did a format.

i.e. did the root, then flashed (no wipe or reformat). Calls made it reboot. Then I went into quickboot and recovery. Did a wipe and then a SD format. Calls still make it reboot.

I'v now done another wipe and formatted with 0 swap and 768mb eft2

Made a call without even changing it to english and it still reboots as soon as answered...

any other ideas?

cheers

Guest starkos

Not sure to be honest. If it were me I would probably reboot to recovery do a wipe again then re-flash the custom rom. You should also upgrade ext2 to ext3 under partition sdcard in recovery too while your at it.

Sorry I can't can't be more helpful, hopefully someone has experienced similar..

Edit: Paul beat me by 2 mins again lol :)

Edited by starkos