09/Feb 1.7 - MoDaCo Custom ROM - U8230 Vanilla Style (now with online kitchen)

Guest PaulOBrien

Ok, i tested... when i install the customrom the phone depends at the android writing. :D

when i install superboot the touch have no function. the keys have function... :(

Thank goodness the nandroid-backup is working!

Any ideas to get a customrom working on my device? is it possible to make a u8230 custom rom with root access without adapting the pulse settings?

Sorry for my bad english ;)

Did you do a full wipe before replacing the stock ROM with the custom MCR ROM? A full wipe can be done from the Recovery menu. Backup first of course.

Edited by Daz555

Guest Glycerin
Did you do a full wipe before replacing the stock ROM with the custom MCR ROM? A full wipe can be done from the Recovery menu. Backup first of course.

No, i doesnt do a wipe. but i will test this in the evening. Anybody know, if the libs are replaced in the customrom?

2nd: Maybe the december update is currently on my phone?!? My buildnumber is U8230V100R001C100B214, Baseband-Version the same, Kernel Version 2.6.27-perf huawei@localhost #2

Thanks

Edited by Glycerin

Guest fluffie76

anybody seen this on huawei site:

U8220-6 HDHOST027V100R001C00B0 02(Normal) 2010-02-11

I'm new at all this ROM stuff. i don't even know what it is.........

Maybe nothing.

Guest pmw1971

Apologies as this has been raised before but the solution hasnt worked for me.

I've installed the 1.7 vanilla and had to factory reset to clear some android forced closed errors, this worked fine and all my applications have not installed ok again and I'm back up and running Yipeeee...

However..... the beautiful widget I've loaded shows the date in french and my calender is in french also... saw the suggestion on here to change the locale and it should work... went into the settings...locale and text....select locale.... and all that is displayed is English/French, so selected English, rebooted and its still a french calender...

Any suggestions please?

PmW

Guest robot1000
Apologies as this has been raised before but the solution hasnt worked for me.

I've installed the 1.7 vanilla and had to factory reset to clear some android forced closed errors, this worked fine and all my applications have not installed ok again and I'm back up and running Yipeeee...

However..... the beautiful widget I've loaded shows the date in french and my calender is in french also... saw the suggestion on here to change the locale and it should work... went into the settings...locale and text....select locale.... and all that is displayed is English/French, so selected English, rebooted and its still a french calender...

Any suggestions please?

PmW

There should be an option in Beautiful Widgets to Force English Fix, make sure that's checked and restart the phone

Guest robot1000
Silly question, but how do I add the wavesecure option if I've already installed the 1.7 rom and set my phone up?

Either download the zip file from the OP and install it from Recovery (like you do when installing a ROM) OR just install from the market

Guest Glycerin
No, i doesnt do a wipe. but i will test this in the evening. Anybody know, if the libs are replaced in the customrom?

2nd: Maybe the december update is currently on my phone?!? My buildnumber is U8230V100R001C100B214, Baseband-Version the same, Kernel Version 2.6.27-perf huawei@localhost #2

Thanks

OK, now i tested again on my RBM2 / U8230.

1st: Wipe - Flash CustomRom 1.1 - Wipe

The CustomRom is starting, but the touchscreen is not working.

2nd: Wipe - Flash CustomRom 1.7 - Wipe

The CustomRom doesnt start - the device is in a loop - (know i know that i doesn't have the december update ;))

Anyone have any ideas to get root access on my device? I need it to delete apps which are locked from the provider and use apps2sd!

Regards

Edited by Glycerin

OK, now i tested again on my RBM2 / U8230.

1st: Wipe - Flash CustomRom 1.1 - Wipe

The CustomRom is starting, but the touchscreen is not working.

2nd: Wipe - Flash CustomRom 1.7 - Wipe

The CustomRom doesnt start - the device is in a loop - (know i know that i doesn't have the december update ;))

Anyone have any ideas to get root access on my device? I need it to delete apps which are locked from the provider and use apps2sd!

Regards

you can do a diff of the new rooted U8230 rom posted by Paul here and compare it to the rom contained in huawei's package. or if you post your backup maybe someone will take a look at it.

I'm fairly new to Android, so sorry if i've missed something simple (or if these problems have already been addressed, i've read a few pages but 42 pages is too much to read through).

I finally received my Pulse about a week ago (postage from the UK took a month), so over the past few days i've started playing with the U8230 1.7 rom. It installed fine, I did a wipe after the install because of force closes.

I formatted the SD card from the recovery image when I installed the custom rom.

After installing the rom the phone no longer recognises the SD card. The option to mount the card is disabled, it doesn't read through usb and all app installs fail (because of apps2sd?). Both partitions mount fine with the card in a pc, and fsck doesn't report any errors. Inserting the card into the phone while it is running causes it to crash/freeze. Is there any way to get log/debug info out of the phone?

I'm also having problems with usb since installing the rom. Most of the time on my laptop and pc the phone isn't recognised, 'lsusb' and 'adb devices' don't find it. Both machines are running Arch linux, the laptop is on kernel 2.6.33-rc7 and the pc is on 2.6.32. My PC at work running xp detects it fine (no adb at work). When the phone is recognised in linux half the time 'adb shell' gives a permissions error (phone not rooted?).

Has any one experienced similar problems and know a fix?

I'm fairly new to Android, so sorry if i've missed something simple (or if these problems have already been addressed, i've read a few pages but 42 pages is too much to read through).

I finally received my Pulse about a week ago (postage from the UK took a month), so over the past few days i've started playing with the U8230 1.7 rom. It installed fine, I did a wipe after the install because of force closes.

I formatted the SD card from the recovery image when I installed the custom rom.

After installing the rom the phone no longer recognises the SD card. The option to mount the card is disabled, it doesn't read through usb and all app installs fail (because of apps2sd?). Both partitions mount fine with the card in a pc, and fsck doesn't report any errors. Inserting the card into the phone while it is running causes it to crash/freeze. Is there any way to get log/debug info out of the phone?

I'm also having problems with usb since installing the rom. Most of the time on my laptop and pc the phone isn't recognised, 'lsusb' and 'adb devices' don't find it. Both machines are running Arch linux, the laptop is on kernel 2.6.33-rc7 and the pc is on 2.6.32. My PC at work running xp detects it fine (no adb at work). When the phone is recognised in linux half the time 'adb shell' gives a permissions error (phone not rooted?).

Has any one experienced similar problems and know a fix?

you should wipe before installing the rom, not after...

I found apps2sd picky about partitions (didn't recognize them if created in linux for example)...what size is your ext partition? and what version? ext2? also 0 swap right?

Guest Glycerin
you can do a diff of the new rooted U8230 rom posted by Paul here and compare it to the rom contained in huawei's package. or if you post your backup maybe someone will take a look at it.

How i can compare the rooted U8230 and my stock rom?

Edited by Glycerin

you should wipe before installing the rom, not after...

I found apps2sd picky about partitions (didn't recognize them if created in linux for example)...what size is your ext partition? and what version? ext2? also 0 swap right?

I was wrong, the card is recognised by the phone but there is no indication of it from the phone interface. I can see it in the shell.

I did include a small swap partition but didn't realise it would automatically use it if it was there. I see in /proc/meminfo that it does have swap space. I will reformat it without the swap space and see it that fixes it. The ext partition is ext3, mount shows that it is mounted, but i'm not sure the mount points are correct, where should it be mounted? The fat partition is not mounted, where should it be mounted?

/dev/block/mmcblk0p2 on /system/sd type ext3 (rw,noatime,nodiratime,errors=continue,data=ordered)

/dev/block/mmcblk0p2 on /data/dalvik-cache type ext3 (rw,noatime,nodiratime,errors=continue,data=ordered)

Strangely although mount shows the same device mounted at 2 points ls shows different contents for those points.

The ext partition should have been 500MB I think, but df -h shows it as 457MB.

So I guess mmcblk0p1 should be the ext partiiton and mmcblk0p2 should be fat?

I was wrong, the card is recognised by the phone but there is no indication of it from the phone interface. I can see it in the shell.

I did include a small swap partition but didn't realise it would automatically use it if it was there. I see in /proc/meminfo that it does have swap space. I will reformat it without the swap space and see it that fixes it. The ext partition is ext3, mount shows that it is mounted, but i'm not sure the mount points are correct, where should it be mounted? The fat partition is not mounted, where should it be mounted?

/dev/block/mmcblk0p2 on /system/sd type ext3 (rw,noatime,nodiratime,errors=continue,data=ordered)

/dev/block/mmcblk0p2 on /data/dalvik-cache type ext3 (rw,noatime,nodiratime,errors=continue,data=ordered)

Strangely although mount shows the same device mounted at 2 points ls shows different contents for those points.

The ext partition should have been 500MB I think, but df -h shows it as 457MB.

So I guess mmcblk0p1 should be the ext partiiton and mmcblk0p2 should be fat?

those mount points are correct...swap was the problem...repartition without swap (500mb ext3 is good), wipe, install rom and you should be ok...

Guest Glycerin

Now i have the stockrom as a updata.app. Now i unpacked these with the perl script... To get root access in what img-file is it deposited?

How can i compare this now with the customrom! Any how can i open these img-files?

Hi!

I got some really weird problem with my Pulse. This was my first attempt to change the Stock ROM and after a few tries I've managed to install this Custom ROM on my device. I wiped my phone, there's an ext3 partition on my SD (created with recovery). I can install applications, and they do work fine, except one little thing: some of them lost all of there settings after closing and reopening. It's really annoying. (just an example: I need to set the ignore list every time I load my task killer app [EStrongs Task Manager]) They worked on the stock ROM.

Could you help me with this issue?

EDIT: STRANGE... I've reinstalled these applications and everythings seems fine. :D

Ok, I got another problem. Every time ROOT access is requested my phone hangs on "SU REQUEST" window. I have no choice but to force close it. Does anybody experienced this? Is there a solution for this? (I have tried this function after wipe, and it worked).

EDIT: LOL. I've found a solution for this problem too : Settings >Applications - Turn on Debug mode.

Anyway, I left this post where it is, maybe somebody would be happy for it :D

Edited by ZsZso

Guest Glycerin

How i can compare the rooted U8230 and my stock rom?

Now i have the stockrom as a updata.app. Now i unpacked these with the perl script... To get root access in what img-file is it deposited?

How can i compare this now with the customrom! Any how can i open these img-files?

Any ideas... When i can open these img with a editor or any other i can compare it with my stock and so i can make a superboot for my rom or not?

Or the MCR works on my device (touch doesnt work)

Or is it better to wait... i don't think so :D :D :lol:

It's going on i this Thread

Edited by Glycerin

Guest michlaustn

I just wanted to say thank you for the ROM. I installed it last night and it was very straight forward. The only mistake I made was that I did not wipe the phone prior to installing this ROM. I knew I had to do it whilst I was downloading the ROM, but when the time came to actually do it I had forgotten haha.

Anyway, it runs very nicely now. It seems much snappier and I can play 3D games :D

Once again thank you. Once I am paid from my job I believe I will donate so that I can take advantage of the Kitchen system.

Guest reedy101

Thank you for the rom guys i love it. am having some issues and have tried to search but cant find answers. firstly my sd card keeps un mounting when i am trying to send items to it and crashing my pc until i pull out usb ?

secondly my google maps keeps force closing ?

any help for this newb would be great thanks

Thank you for the rom guys i love it. am having some issues and have tried to search but cant find answers. firstly my sd card keeps un mounting when i am trying to send items to it and crashing my pc until i pull out usb ?

secondly my google maps keeps force closing ?

any help for this newb would be great thanks

Did you wipe before moving from stock ROM to MCR?